Mini Me Help Please - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2015, 02:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Mini Me Help Please

Hello i recently put a D16z6 head on my D16a6 block on my 91 Crx Si. I looked up info for months before i did the swap but i can't seem to get the car started. I'm thinking i have no power to the "NEW" dizzy i bought for the car wondering what might cause this i have 12 volts going to the end of the plug on it but no spark any help would be great i can provide any pictures or info if needed thanks
Mr. Rex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2015, 02:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

where did you get the "new" distributer? what ecu? all grounds attached? check coil? igniter?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2015, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Obd1 vtec dizzy with obd1-obd0 jumper harness and obd0 engine harness and pm6 ecu/a6ecu?

Old 09-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

ok new dizzy came off amazon i can't seem to post a link because i don't have enough posts
I'm running a P28 ecu with a OBD0 To OBD1 Harness i bought from ebay

All grounds are accounted for and used i have just one plug off the old A6 manifold i am not using ill go take a pic
Old 09-23-2015, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Just realized i can't post a picture either until i have more posts lol
Old 09-23-2015, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

So i'm not getting spark on a new dizzy like i said i have a friend coming over ina few eith another p28 and testing to see if that's the problem
Old 09-23-2015, 03:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

how are you checking for power, and where are you checking for power?

if youre not getting spark at the wires, its the coil.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

End of the plugs the two prong one i have a ground and 11.9 volts on the other. i also removed a spark plug and grounded the housing on my block and hada friend turn the car over and saw no spark.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Rex View Post
End of the plugs the two prong one i have a ground and 11.9 volts on the other. i also removed a spark plug and grounded the housing on my block and hada friend turn the car over and saw no spark.
Any fuel in the clyinders?

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2015, 04:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I don't know that for sure i can tell you the injectors are getting a positive 12 volts on the red sire coming off of them once again i am using the a6 injectors not the z6 oh and there on the z6 rail i do have pressure in my rail however i can tell you that much
Old 09-23-2015, 04:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

ok just a heads up injectors are working we went ahead and took out a spark plug while checking the plugs at night to see if they were just dimly sparking and while we were doing that i tied a couple of qtips to a long screwdriver getto i know but it worked they came back up slightly damp and the spark plug tube smelled of gas so i'm pretty sure there firing i gotta put my eggs in the basket that my ecu is messed up it was a junkyard find after all
Old 09-23-2015, 04:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

z6 distributor problems - Honda-Tech
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
I don't know that for sure i can tell you the injectors are getting a positive 12 volts on the red sire coming off of them once again i am using the a6 injectors not the z6 oh and there on the z6 rail i do have pressure in my rail however i can tell you that much
Ok just checking to make sure your getting a tdc singal.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2015, 06:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Quote:
Please clear this ^^^ up. The black/yellow wire at the distributor plug on the engine harness should have 12 volts. The blue wire in the same plug is for the tach.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2015, 07:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
McD
n00b

Mr. Rex's Dizzy

Mr. Rex's Dizzy - Album on Imgur
McD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2015, 07:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

The battery is a little low due to all the cranking we have done but Mcd's post shows all values on the plugs attaching to the dizzy
Old 09-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

You have voltage at the distributor. So it could be a bad coil or igniter but I don't think that's the problem as you said it's a new distributor but I've see new parts be bad right out the box.

I'm wondering if it's in the wiring. There's two wires that if swapped it won't start. I just can't remember them. They are for the distributor tho. I think it two wire wires one is thin and the other is fat but not sure. Could all so be the ecu jumper.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 09-23-2015, 07:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

maybe he should look up the pin outs on the ecu for the dist and check power there
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

Btw it seems kinda pointless but the only plug on the car not in use is the fitv valve since the d16z6 is mechanical
Old 09-23-2015, 07:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
maybe he should look up the pin outs on the ecu for the dist and check power there
Prob not a bad idea. If ecu isn't getting power or ground it won't fire up.

instagram @magicman9won4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in