D16z6 Issues - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2015, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D16z6 Issues

Hello everyone I am new to this forum and have within the last year bought a 93 Civic SI with a d16z6. I have been having a couple things that have been kind of weird with this car since I bought it. The first thing is it has always been a little sluggish under 2500 rpm and that is me comparing it to the d15b7 I used to have. It has always smelled like fuel and leaves black soot on my tail pipe. It came with an aftermarket header and the o2 sensor is only reading from one cylinder could that be the issue I can relocate it to where it reads from all 4. its got newer wires and plugs within the past 6 months. Recently I drove it through a huge rainstorm and hit large puddles and during that it was stuttering really bad but the next day was mostly okay, but now it randomly does that under acceleration, which I thought may be cap and rotor got water in it because of where it sits... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
bondkilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2015, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

check cap and rotor, check timing. black means fuel, blue means oil, white means coolant
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2015, 06:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Alexander is learning the way of the DMr. Alexander is learning the way of the D

How many miles on the motor? Also check your air filter too, also pics to see what you're working with in the engine bay
Mr. Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

The Miles are unknown on the engine I know its been rebuilt but I do not know how long ago, or how well its been done. The air filter was just replaced yesterday, and I will shoot a picture tomorrow and post it when I start working on it.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Might also want to check for a vacuum leak. I had one and my car would idle rough and the ecu would force the car to run rich and black soot would be coming out of the exhaust.
Y49_CRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Well I decided to take a look at the condition of the cap and to my surprise there is a bit of oil inside so I'm thinking a new distributer possibly.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Sorry for the double post but here is a pic of the engine bay and cap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1442601828859.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	395.8 KB
ID:	95433   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1442601881564.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	95441  
Old 09-18-2015, 01:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

new distributor seal. find the fsm to download to see how to check to make sure its still working
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Okay so since I now have the distributor taken care of do any of you think moving the o2 sensor will make any difference?
Old 09-18-2015, 03:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

no.

stock location
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 09-18-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

THese cars dont care if its only one cylinder or all 4 sampled.

regarding the fuel issue, one method I use to try and clean out shitty fuel injectors is a full bottle of Chemtool B12. it is a fuel system cleaner.

I still laught at how the parts guy described it. the small bottle of injector cleaner is like a beer. the Chemtool is the liquor. lol.

Run the FULL bottle on a 1/4 or half tank.

This will help you clean out the bottom of the fuel tank, help clean the fuel pump and its sock filter, loosens garbage caught in the underhood fuel filter, and should unstick any injectors that are open longer than the ecu tells them too.

This will at least remove any clogs and debris, so you can focus back on ignition ssues if still present.

I find this a cheap and worthwhile method. IF it doesnt sovle your problems, at least you just cleaned your fuel system really good. AFTERWARDS, I highly suggest a new underhood fuel filter, even if you just did it. the crap that comes loose just comes up and clogs it anyways.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in