Intro post - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2015, 05:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Intro post

I've been lurking for a little while so I figured I'd register.

My car is a 90 civic std hatch, the plan is to make it my dedicated track car for road racing.

The plan so far:

Engine/Cooling
-d16a6 I already have
-76mm npr pg6 pistons, est. 11.3:1 comp with .01" head mill according to the zeal calculator
-Colt tri flow cam to suit the setup
-Isky valve springs
-Performer X intake manifold
-Moosemod y8 exhaust manifold
-Bronze valve guides, probably just do them all
-Oem retainers, keepers, and guide seals
-Maybe a 3 or 5 angle valve job
-New rod bearings, not sure on brand yet, suggestions anyone?
-Oem timing belt, tensioner, water pump, and y8 3 layer head gasket
-ARP rod bolts and head studs
-DIY intake manifold and throttle body gasket from either Teflon or a phenolic material
-Oil pump upgrade maybe if anyone has any suggestions on that
-Oem da integra radiator
-Secondary radiator fan controlled by a digital LCD display temp sensor
-Hood vent/heat extractor of some sort, I like the 2011 mustang gt500 vent I saw somewhere on here

Transmission/Drivetrain
-Si trans with 4th and 5th replaced with the 4 speed 3rd and 4th
-Synchrotech carbon master rebuild kit
-MFactory helical LSD
-Exedy oem clutch kit
-Maybe a 7 or 12pb flywheel, may wait until when I'm making more power and just resurface the oem one for now

Brakes/Suspension/Tires
-Integra front/rear disc brake conversion
-Hawk hp plus pads on front and hps on back
-QA1 450in/lb front and 550in/lb rear springs
-Koni yellow struts
-ST front and rear 22mm swaybars
-Going to make my own solid strut tower braces
-Cheapest 15" wheels I can find, hopefully used but if new there's some volk te37 looking ones for $320 new I've found so far
-Replace balljoints, bushings etc. that need replaced with poly ones
-ARP lug studs

Aero
-DIY aluminum air dam
-DIY aluminum side skirts
-Going to modify the oem wing to make it functional, and when I say modify I mean it will be completely reworked most likely but I want to keep it as low as possible while still being functional

Exhaust
-2.25" piping with two straight through design round style resonators/mufflers with the piping routed to come out the side skirt in front of the passenger side rear tire

Interior/Safety
-F1 Spec seat my buddy has with seatback brace
-G-Force 4 point harness
-4 point roll bar with harness bar
-Remove the usual unnecessary weight from the car
-Digital LCD water temp gauge with output control
-DIY narrow band o2 led display kit for general monitoring
-Digital LCD temp gauge for intake air temp
-Oil pressure gauge

Misc
-Fixed rear tow hook
-Sparco nylon front tow hook
-DIY catch can and open up the vent path on valve cover
-OD green tractor paint
-Stickers lots of them

That's the main of it I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but I think with a good tune it should be somewhere around 120whp. I'll probably convert to obd1 as well and the tuning software I'm not sure of, it will probably be what the tuner advises.

If anyone has suggestions or comments on the setup please feel free to share them, I'd love to hear what you guys think.
efmang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2015, 05:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Looks like a fun plan, any pics?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2015, 06:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Nice build list, seems like a low goal of 120whp with that much money going into it though.

Also make sure to get the rods checked my a machine shop with those ARP bolts installed. As for the bearings I would suggest OEM and probably just inspect the mains, they usually don't see much wear.

Welcome to DSO

After you make a few post you can add pics IIRC. We got some anti-spam shit in place

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 06:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Welcome to DSO.

I mean that power will be fun, and corner like beast. You could get more, I wonder about a b? Do you have class rules you are staying within?

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2015, 07:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

No class rules, I just don't need a lot of power to learn how to drive on. 120 is a conservative number on that setup with a good tune I would think, if I get more power it will be alright.
My main focus is to build a solid platform to learn on that won't need much change as I get better and need more power so I'm not having to relearn the car much after any changes.

It's all subject to change and I'll most likely kick some things like the carbon master rebuild kit for just brass synchros and seals only, the LSD, and probably the performer x manifold if I can't find one cheap enough. And as the engine goes the focus there is having it last until my driving skill is good enough for a step up in power, then I'll mostly likely go with a freshened up b16 with type r cams, pistons for compression bump, and ethanol so I can retain reliability and have a good platform to build on later.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

welcome to dso
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2015, 07:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

And not everything will be done before the car hits the track, I know I won't be able to resist and will have it out before some of the things that aren't really needed to go race. The last things to be bought will probably be the roll bar, harness because you can't run one with only a harness bar here, have to have a roll bar, the koni yellows (car came with skunk2 struts) and making the wing.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by efmang View Post
No class rules, I just don't need a lot of power to learn how to drive on.
I like you. Your mind is in the right spot. Go faster then your car can, then add power so it can keep up.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....

I was never a fan of dumping the exhaust out in front of the rear tire. Different tracks will have sound meters in different places and you will find one that is on the passenger side and likely fail sound. Run it out the back of the car for simplicity.

I started just like you, focus on chassis and driving first - it will pay dividends when you start adding power as you will know how to tune the chassis!
Old 09-16-2015, 11:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Yea I've witnessed firsthand how power can be almost useless in the hands of a novice driver.

The exhaust being too loud is something I am concerned about with it exiting the side skirt even with the two resonators. I was going to run it like that so the rear would be cleared up for a diffuser set up later on but I might just go ahead and run my exhaust out back for now and change it up later if I need to.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series.org Sponsor

Hello and welcome to the community! Glad that you decided to join us. That's a man with a plan, and deep pockets! Good luck with all your mods and keep us posted with details and pictures.

Honda Civic

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
carid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2015, 01:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Welcome Mang. That's a big ass list

Post pics of car..

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2015, 06:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks fellas, yeah its a long list and I'm about to start a new job so hopefully before long I'll be able to start emptying my pockets.

Also I don't think I can post pictures yet it still says I have 0 posts.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:28 AM   #14 (permalink)

You just gotta post up some in the motor mayhem and tech sections. Add to the community and you will get the posts up fast. Its an anti spamming thing, but don't bitch, we hate spam, a lot.

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 09-18-2015, 03:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah I figured that was why I was till at 0, don't bother me any I don't like posting random nonsense anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in