Honda specific question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2015, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default Honda specific question

Alright, my wifes 12 Odyssey has been throwing a couple codes.

We were getting along ok but recently it had been throwing a code and then going into limp mode. Would only rev to 3000-3500 and then bounce.

P0113 - Sensor high voltage IAT
Could be open short wires, and bad IAT

P0172 - Fuel system too rich bank 1
Could be MAF, ignition and or fuel system

P0301 - Cyl 1 misfire
Ignition system fault, MAF bad

P0102 - Faulty MAF low voltage reading
Bad electrics, faulty MAF.

Replaced the cylinder 1 coil with OEM part. Seems to have cleared up that fault.

Continued testing led me to clean the MAF and change the air filter. Still tripping MAF codes. Tested the leads and found the pic below. I just need some one to verify the wires for me. I know the IAT and MAF are one unit so two wires run signal for IAT to ECU, two for the MAF and the power and ground.

Pretty sure I need the MAF, but I am testing my trouble shooting skills here so gimme a hand if you know the yellow and brown connections specifically, those are the ones I think I need.

Thanks for reading this diatribe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2015, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Is it still under powertria warranty?
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2015, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Man there's no info on the wiring or at least I can't find it. But from what I was able to gather is there's 3 wires for the maf and two for the iat. There should be 5v and ground from Ecu for the iat. Then I think there's 12v,5v and ground from Ecu for the maf part. I'm not 100% on this and is what I got from a quick google search so I could be wrong.

What are the exact colors of the wires on your sensor? Hoping Honda kept some of them the same colors as older models.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 05:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

@ Shoebox - not sure this is covered, Honda have been dicks to us about everything so far, gunna call them. They want $1400 for an axel boot, and two filters to be replaced. I might have voided the warranty by buying the air filter my self at $20.

We bought the extra tires for life package, they gave us our second set after not rotating properly. Then the set they gave us were like two steps down from the OEM tires, they said they can since the others weren't in stock......right.

Just trying to figure this out with out those fuck bags, since I know more then most of their techs(my local dealer not Honda techs in general), I just dont have a computer to plug in and tell me what to fix like them.

@ 2jz - Wire color follows above picture. From what I have seen my IAT might be the cause not my MAF, just so happens they occupy the same housing. Thanks for the hand.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

Old 09-15-2015, 08:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Flow charts tell me Maf issue or wiring issue or PCM.

Any chance you replaced the timing belt recently?
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.

Last edited by rico58204; 09-15-2015 at 08:55 AM.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2015, 09:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rico - I think the IAT is hard to test, the MAF seems to be changing as it is supposed too. The IAT signal doesn't change but I am not standing there as it warms up. Side thought, it(cell/flashing engine) comes on after the engine is warmed up, never as it warms.

As far as changing parts, nope, never touched the engine, it was/still under warranty.

Only things done by Honda are oil/fluid changes, filter changes, and coil for cylinder 1.

This issue started last winter. Thought it cleared up and it came on strong recently, the last couple weeks. Changed the air filter and still cant keep codes from popping up.

Next time the code trips I will check at Autozone or closest place to see what code trips now. I will attempt to test if check engine light flashes again.

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 09-15-2015, 12:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Spark plug for #1 cylinder replaced with coil? There is a bulletin for misfires caused by piston rings lining up and fouling plugs. Might want to pull #1 and check for yourself.

DTC P0113:
IAT Sensor Circuit High Voltage

NOTE: Before you troubleshoot, record all freeze data and any on-board snapshot, and review the general troubleshooting information.

Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).

Check the IAT SENSOR in the DATA LIST with the HDS.

Is about -40 F (-40 C) or less, or 4.92 V or more indicated?

YES —
Go to step 3.

NO —
Intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time. Check for poor connections or loose terminals at the MAF sensor/IAT sensor and the PCM.■

Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).

Disconnect the MAF sensor/IAT sensor 5P connector.

Connect MAF sensor/IAT sensor 5P connector terminals No. 4 and No. 5 with a jumper wire.

Check the IAT SENSOR in the DATA LIST with the HDS.

Is about -40 F (-40 C) or less, or 4.92 V or more indicated?

YES —
Go to step 8.

NO —
Go to step 20.

Remove the jumper wire from the MAF sensor/IAT sensor 5P connector.

Measure the voltage between MAF sensor/IAT sensor 5P connector terminal No. 4 and body ground.

Is there about 5 V?

YES —
Go to step 12.

NO —
Go to step 16.

Jump the SCS line with the HDS.

Disconnect PCM connector A (49P).

Check for continuity between PCM connector terminal A37 and MAF sensor/IAT sensor 5P connector terminal No. 5.

Is there continuity?

YES —
Go to step 27.

NO —
Repair an open in the wire between the PCM (A37) and the MAF sensor/IAT sensor, then go to step 22.

Disconnect PCM connector C (49P).

Check for continuity between PCM connector terminal C24 and MAF sensor/IAT sensor 5P connector terminal No. 4.

Is there continuity?

YES —
Go to step 27.

NO —
Repair an open in the wire between the PCM (C24) and the MAF sensor/IAT sensor, then go to step 22.

Replace the MAF sensor/IAT sensor.

Reconnect all connectors.

Reset the PCM with the HDS.

Do the PCM idle learn procedure.

Check for Pending or Confirmed DTCs with the HDS.

Is DTC P0113 indicated?

YES —
Check for poor connections or loose terminals at the MAF sensor/IAT sensor and the PCM, then go to step 1.

NO —
Troubleshooting is complete. If any other Pending or Confirmed DTCs are indicated, go to the indicated DTC's troubleshooting.■

Update the PCM if it does not have the latest software, or substitute a known-good PCM.

Is DTC P0113 indicated?

YES —
Check for poor connections or loose terminals at the MAF sensor/IAT sensor and the PCM. If the PCM was updated, substitute a known-good PCM, then recheck. If the PCM was substituted, go to step 1.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.

Last edited by rico58204; 09-15-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Had a cylinder one misfire, so I changed the coil and didnt get that code anymore. Could be coincidence. I will check the plug when I get home. Thanks for looking into it.

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 09-15-2015, 12:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

DTC P0102:
MAF Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

NOTE: Before you troubleshoot, record all freeze data and any on-board snapshot, and review the general troubleshooting information.

Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and wait 2 seconds.

Check the MAF SENSOR in the DATA LIST with the HDS.

Is about 0 g/s, or 0.1 V or less indicated?

YES —
Go to step 3.

NO —
Intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time. Check for poor connections or loose terminals at the MAF sensor/IAT sensor and the PCM.■

Disconnect the MAF sensor/IAT sensor 5P connector.

Measure the voltage between MAF sensor/IAT sensor 5P connector terminal No. 1 and body ground.

Is there battery voltage?

YES —
Go to step 7.

NO —
Repair an open in the wire between PGM-FI main relay 1 and the MAF sensor/IAT sensor, then go to step 19.

Measure the resistance between MAF sensor/IAT sensor 5P connector terminal No. 3 and body ground.

Is there 190-210 kΩ?

YES —
Go to step 13.

NO —
Go to step 9.

Disconnect PCM connector A (49P).

Check for continuity between PCM connector terminal A20 and body ground.

Is there continuity?

YES —
Repair a short in the wire between the PCM (A20) and the MAF sensor/IAT sensor, then go to step 20.

NO —
Go to step 12.

Check for continuity between PCM connector terminal A20 and MAF sensor/IAT sensor 5P connector terminal No. 3.

Is there continuity?

YES —
Go to step 25.

NO —
Repair an open in the wire between the PCM (A20) and the MAF sensor/IAT sensor, then go to step 20.

Substitute a known-good MAF sensor/IAT sensor.

Clear the DTC with the HDS.

Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 2,000 rpm without load (in P or N).

Is DTC P0102 indicated?

YES —
Reinstall the original MAF sensor/IAT sensor, then go to step 26.

NO —
Replace the original MAF sensor/IAT sensor, then go to step 19.

Reset the PCM with the HDS.

Do the PCM idle learn procedure.

Is DTC P0102 indicated?

YES —
Check for poor connections or loose terminals at the MAF sensor/IAT sensor and the PCM, then go to step 1.

NO —
Troubleshooting is complete. If any other Pending or Confirmed DTCs are indicated, go to the indicated DTC's troubleshooting.■

Update the PCM if it does not have the latest software, or substitute a known-good PCM.

Is DTC P0102 indicated?

YES —
Check for poor connections or loose terminals at the MAF sensor/IAT sensor and the PCM. If the PCM was updated, substitute a known-good PCM, then recheck. If the PCM was substituted, go to step 1.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Missfire bulletin is 23 pages long. Not copying and pasting it.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

No please dont.

You are a champ.

Some one else rep this guy for me.

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 09-15-2015, 01:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Got him for ya. I still want to think MAF just by the symptoms.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2015, 02:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Me as well. Will have until Friday to trouble shoot and then order what I need.

Thanks Beer.

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 09-15-2015, 03:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

extra rep added on

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

hit him twice
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2015, 04:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Thanks guys.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:25 AM   #17 (permalink)

Hell's yeah boys, still testing my mule, haven't tripped a code again, yet. Didn't have time last night to get under the hood before it was too late, lots of kid activities at night.

Thanks again too all. Rico, you the man.

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 09-20-2015, 09:59 AM   #18 (permalink)

Default UPDATE

So we had a cylinder one misfire and took it too Honda. All was fine, they said, it was probably a fluke. Then we started getting other codes intermittently and lately it just started flashing check engine light etc.

Took it upon myself to start poking around and found this.

I should have checked this long ago, I thought, trusted, whatever Honda that it was fine as stated.

There could be an issue with the rings as stated above too soon to tell. Went and got a spark plug and no codes, no weird idle, nothing. See what happens after my wife drives it and update as needed.

I'll pull this plug soon and check for fouling.

Thanks Rico and others who contributed to my thoughts process and trouble shooting. Now on to my Civic.

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in