My First Post and First Proper Honda. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2015, 01:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default My First Post and First Proper Honda.

Hi guys, how's it going? I just picked up my first proper (read: manual) D series Honda! It's an '89 CRX that's had a fairly rough life and is a bit of a project. It's been off the road for four years and needs some work to pass blueslip (a reasonably thorough safety inspection that is needed for cars that have been unregistered for >3 months in NSW).

I bought the car expecting the engine to be stamped as a D16A8 as it was advertised, however it is stamped as ZC. It is an Australian delivered car, which I thought only came with the D16A8. As far as I know, these two engines are more or less the same only intended for different markets.

This brings me to my question I guess. Did Australian delivered CRXs ever have an engine stamped as a ZC, or has my CRX had an engine replacement somewhere along the way in its long life?

Cheers, Xotyll.
Xotyll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2015, 06:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

If it is a single cam, they came with the equivalent d16a6 here, if it is a dual cam I think it has been swapped. Some one else chime in, also go search through the wiki article about these cars, will explain the trim levels and areas each was sold.

Welcome to DSO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2015, 06:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Welcome! You have good taste in cars. It's possibly a swapped drivetrain but it's virtually the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are simply curious whether or not it's been abused in the past.

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

It's a dual cam yeah, I'll take a look at the wiki. I'm sort of hoping it is swapped since it would mean that not all of the car's 330k km (Roughly 200k miles) is on the one engine. Swapped or not, for a car that's been sitting a few years it runs surprisingly smoothly which is nice. I plan on giving it a decently thorough tune up regardless since I have no idea how many kms are on the timing belt and the distributor cap contacts aren't in great shape.
Cheers for the responses!
Old 09-01-2015, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Alexander is learning the way of the DMr. Alexander is learning the way of the D

Welcome! Have any pics? I'm curious to see what the Aussie spec Rexes look like on the inside.

Built without breaking the bank, fixin it right the first time!
Mr. Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 11:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Does your hood have a bump on the passenger side?

'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2015, 02:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Yep, my hood does have the bump. All Aussie crx's have it since they got the DOHC D16a8- but mine has an engine stamped as a ZC.

The interior is semi-pulled apart right now, it's pretty much the same as the US but we didn't have leather seats as an option as far as I know. The upper halves of the door trims and the raised upper dash section are covered in some badly sun damaged sort of pseudo suede sort of finish (also means no CRX detail on the door panels )- not very nice. It's got power windows and mirrors but no AC button on the climate control, although the engine bay looks like it's got AC fittings? - I've neglected to take any photos but I'll post up some pictures tomorrow morning when there's light.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Here's a few poor quality photos of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150901_153130.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	564.6 KB
ID:	94753   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150906_100840.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	801.8 KB
ID:	94761   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150906_100846.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	745.5 KB
ID:	94769   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150906_100911.jpg
Size:	1,007.0 KB
ID:	94777   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150906_101015.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	978.1 KB
ID:	94785  

Old 09-05-2015, 04:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Few more:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150906_100928.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	94793   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150901_153114.jpg
Size:	888.1 KB
ID:	94801  
Old 09-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Misease will become famous soon enoughMisease will become famous soon enoughMisease will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Misease

not a bad little crx & Welcome
Misease is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2015, 11:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Welcome. Nice car!

Pat would be proud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2015, 09:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Alexander is learning the way of the DMr. Alexander is learning the way of the D

niiiiiiiice reminds me of my old HF, Welcome!

Built without breaking the bank, fixin it right the first time!
Mr. Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2015, 09:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 STRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunna

Welcome. Good starting point. What are your plans?

Restore ? Restore and build ?

Stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in