Intro to the ideas - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Intro to the ideas

Hi guys im new to d series.org. i'm not so new to the honda game being that im only 18 and dont have as much knowledge as someone older than me. i still know alot, with that being said im open to all the criticzing but under a controlled manner. im looking to do a d16y8 semi built block and head with a dsm 16g turbo i want to be in the 300hp range DD. i am aware that i also need to purchase a hondata s300, injectors, fuel pump, turbo manifold, etc. i know im missing stuff. if anyone has any suggestions please lmk. If anyone can think of any difficult encounters who have had exprience with a build like so lmk. i was thinking doing weisco pistons, eagle h beam rods. possibly port the oil pump because of reading i heard the y8 block doesnt give enough oil to the crank. i could be wrong. Any feedback????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6999.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	468.9 KB
ID:	94257  
96y8monsta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2015, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

do a search, its been done more than once. all the questions you have someone has asked. if youre still confused, ask again
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2015, 04:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

I already see junk. How much have you spent on maintenance?

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 09:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

The key to any good mild build is what chris mentioned. Maintenance.

Before tuning anything, you should be on new sensors anyways, such as coolant temp, intake air temp, perhaps a brand new ICM and coil in the distributor so you can run decent plug gaps, etc... This ensures the ecu is reading everything correctly

You are asking a very popular question, hence the lack of direct answers.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Chris what do you mean already see junk? lol I replaced the clutch with a oem exedy replacement clutch, exedy flywheel, wire's and plugs, oil change, oil pan gasket, passenger and driver side transmisson seals, shifter stabilizing bushings poly ones, and I have the timing belt, water pump, tensioner, cam seals as we speak just waiting to get back from vacation to install. oh and also I did the suspension fully adjustable truhart coilovers, along with bwr racing front and rear camber kits. I would say around 850$ spent. before winter I want to change the distributor, flush the fluids, and now that mattliston mentioned the ICM I will replace that. Thank you slo_eg8
Old 08-24-2015, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Why would you install an OEM style Exedy clutch when you are going turbo?

Or are you simply wanting more experience at changing clutches?

EDIT suspension wise you will want to do bushings. Up front, wheel hop is guaranteed with even factory power. Out back you dont want your car feeling sloppy under braking or heavy acceleration.

Build what you have!

Old 08-24-2015, 04:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

yeah more of an experience at changing clutches also I had just got the car maybe a couple months so turbo wasn't a question it was more like I need a new clutch and I gotta change it asap type of thing. Thank you for pointing out bushings.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Brakes including fluid flush, tie rods all of them, ball joints, bushings especially trailing arm, wheel bearings. Where's all the pictures? What you've done so far besides the Chinese suspension is a good start.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

buy energy suspension master kit, a $30-40 torch, and enough beer to cover 2 days of working.

Best thing about the ES bushing kit is no metal sleeves to cut out or press out. you burn or cut rubber out, clean as good as possible, then slap the new bushings in.

WARNING if you fail to grease them properly, they will oval out and squeek in under a year. greasing them once every 6 months or so after install keeps them in tip top condition and will severely lengthen their expected life. Some uisers on here have 8 years on them. others were lucky to get 2 years. Install method and ongoing maintenance is the key difference

Build what you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in