YouTube "One Take" - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2015, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default YouTube "One Take"

Saw a video about a stripped 89 EK hatch racing down a canyon rd in CA. I'd love to link to it...maybe someone with more seniority can.

Anyway it reignited my interest in the double wishbone Hondas.

My current project is a firstgen Dodge Cummins street/Drag truck. About as far from a Honda as you can get but I'm weird like that. I also have a rusty Toyota pickup I'm trying to find a straight front axle for. I'd like to exocage it and put it on 35's.

When I saw the prices for for limited slip diff's and cast turbo manifolds I was sold on the idea of trying to build a lightweight easy to drive civic. I'm trying to investigate low power but easily modulated d engine turbo setups. With a lack of first hand experience I wonder if staying "d" is worth the benefit of cheap cost and ~100lb weight break over a B or K. I don't know if the unequal length driveshafts of the d trans affect handling vs a B series trans. I'm not sure how much weight the turbo + plumbing will add back to the 100lb weight advantage. Mostly I don't know if a turbo setup can be tamed to the point it doesn't upset the chassis or make the car hard to handle at the limit.

A 2.4 litter NA K swap would bring the torque but dang those swaps look inelegant. Also while its the same weight as a B it looks like it like it might be further forward of the front axles.

A NA b series swap is probably the most practical from a reliability standpoint. Piston oil squirters, real VTEC and a low geared closely spaced trans has to be fun.

The most sexy threads on this site IMO are the F2B stuff. I'm wondering how much of the 80lb increase that a H engine and trans has over a B is in the trans. I think I saw a thread showing a early Non vtec F head with a twin scroll evo manifold and turbo bolted up. That looked very cool. A little heavy a setup for a handling oriented civic hatch but still way cool.
dpaqu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2015, 05:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 04:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

awesome man ,you got my imagination going now ,,,,LOok oUT! he's getting sick and twisted idea's for the next welf build..!
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 03:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

What's a Welf build? Welfare? Seriously?

Maybe the future moderator can teach me about welfare build tech like "blacked out tails" he brags about in his sig.

I'll admit to a goofy post that goes in a number of directions at once but at least I'm not derailing a good thread like I've seen done constantly on this sight.
dpaqu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 05:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

One welf build has more imagination than a hundred eBay turbo kits.
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 09:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

lulz derailed? I asked a question with images. they pretty much say it all. you butthurt bro? youre kinda cute when youre mad

koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 08-22-2015 at 09:46 PM.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 10:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaqu View Post
Saw a video about a stripped 89 EK hatch racing down a canyon rd in CA. I'd love to link to it...maybe someone with more seniority can.

Anyway it reignited my interest in the double wishbone Hondas.

My current project is a firstgen Dodge Cummins street/Drag truck. About as far from a Honda as you can get but I'm weird like that. I also have a rusty Toyota pickup I'm trying to find a straight front axle for. I'd like to exocage it and put it on 35's.

When I saw the prices for for limited slip diff's and cast turbo manifolds I was sold on the idea of trying to build a lightweight easy to drive civic. I'm trying to investigate low power but easily modulated d engine turbo setups. With a lack of first hand experience I wonder if staying "d" is worth the benefit of cheap cost and ~100lb weight break over a B or K. I don't know if the unequal length driveshafts of the d trans affect handling vs a B series trans. I'm not sure how much weight the turbo + plumbing will add back to the 100lb weight advantage. Mostly I don't know if a turbo setup can be tamed to the point it doesn't upset the chassis or make the car hard to handle at the limit.

A 2.4 litter NA K swap would bring the torque but dang those swaps look inelegant. Also while its the same weight as a B it looks like it like it might be further forward of the front axles.

A NA b series swap is probably the most practical from a reliability standpoint. Piston oil squirters, real VTEC and a low geared closely spaced trans has to be fun.

The most sexy threads on this site IMO are the F2B stuff. I'm wondering how much of the 80lb increase that a H engine and trans has over a B is in the trans. I think I saw a thread showing a early Non vtec F head with a twin scroll evo manifold and turbo bolted up. That looked very cool. A little heavy a setup for a handling oriented civic hatch but still way cool.
You are high as a friggin kite right now, arent you?

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 11:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Um I'm pretty sure a turbo kit adds at least 50 lbs back to the car, even if it adds 100 lbs back a 220whp turbo d is still a B killer (at least stock b lol)

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2015, 04:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
You are high as a friggin kite right now, arent you?
aren't we all?
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in