should i trade for h22?? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default should i trade for h22??

i have a semi built d16
p2p0 rods
teflon vitara pistons
arp headstuds
skunk2 intake manifold
450cc injectors
arp head studs
arp rod bolts
gates racing thermostat
water pump and tensioner
and ebay turbo kit
on my car. a guy wants trade me a running 99 prelude h22a4 for my complete swap
the body is messed up but i just want the swap. then ill take the shell to the scrap yard for money.
since i have the full car i will only need custom mounts and axles as far i see cause i would have everything else
is this a good deal or no
ahardy25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2015, 08:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

seriously? your turbo d16 versus a stock H22?

stay turbo.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

yea true. just kinda tired of boost just wanted something simple. not really into going fast anymore

Old 07-26-2015, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

well if you want a semi crappy head as well as frm sleeves and an extra 150+ lbs of wieght. all for about 180 hp. be my guest

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015, 08:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

howd you get the red dot? tired of going fast? get a bike and hand in your man card. seriously, there are a ton of "point a to point b" cars out there
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015, 09:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

the weight doesnt bother me as i dont track my car. yea but with 160 ib ft torque would be nice to daily. sorry everbody is not like you slo eg8 and doesnt care about how fast they can go.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

so, what was the point of making a thread asking people's opinions when it seems like you already have your mind made up?

why does it matter what we think? its not our car, its not our choice, and our opinions don't even matter.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015, 11:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGnKpE4NCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2015, 03:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

For the work needed to fit the H22, you could easily finish off your current project. (Less wiring for a start?)

What car is this for, by the way? There is a significant weight difference, after all, and you might not like how it handles without suspension mods. One of my son's mates is putting an H22 into an EG hatch. It's no big deal, but he is installing better springs and shocks.

Lastly, a rotten 5G Prelude in the UK, running or not, is worth less than a properly sorted turbo D16 engine. The trade is only worth considering if there's a decent cash balance in your favour.

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2015, 07:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

yea i decided to not t0 trade. im already making more hp then the h22. so just looking to get my a/c back in. and get a name brand westgate. also i have this weird high 1800 rpm steady idle. it happpen after i adjusted my tps. so i know i dont have any leaks.do i need to reset my idle?
Old 07-28-2015, 08:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

make a new thread for it.

search and cover the basics. nothing electrical is gonna cause 1800 rpms

Build what you have!

Old 07-30-2015, 06:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Hell no keep the d16, more reliable and less PITA to do!!

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2015, 02:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardy25 View Post
i have a semi built d16
p2p0 rods
teflon vitara pistons
arp headstuds
skunk2 intake manifold
450cc injectors
arp head studs
arp rod bolts
gates racing thermostat
water pump and tensioner
and ebay turbo kit
on my car. a guy wants trade me a running 99 prelude h22a4 for my complete swap
the body is messed up but i just want the swap. then ill take the shell to the scrap yard for money.
since i have the full car i will only need custom mounts and axles as far i see cause i would have everything else
is this a good deal or no
h22 would be has fast has your turbo d series
ArceDaBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2015, 03:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArceDaBoss View Post
h22 would be has fast has your turbo d series
lol.

even a TINY T25 slapped on a d15b7 would be faster than an H22 with boltons.

Build what you have!

Old 07-31-2015, 10:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
lol.

even a TINY T25 slapped on a d15b7 would be faster than an H22 with boltons.
i didnt read his built lol.. i thought it was a stock rod/piston...
stock turbo d series vs stock h22.. h22 will do some damage
ArceDaBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2015, 07:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArceDaBoss View Post
i didnt read his built lol.. i thought it was a stock rod/piston...
stock turbo d series vs stock h22.. h22 will do some damage
Did you miss my comment?

a tiny T25 turbo removed from an eclipse slapped onto a stock d15b7 would beat an h22.

h22's are slow. F/H swaps are never worth the time or money unless you get a KNOWN healthy one for a hell of a good deal. Their transmissions are all geared like poop, though a b tranny can go on with minimal effort.

Build what you have!

Old 08-01-2015, 09:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Sleeved H22? Yes trade.

Stock H22? Yeet. Run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2015, 07:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

yea i have a 57 trim spec turbo. and i ran a b18b1 swapped civic and i demolished the guy.but the low end torque of my d daily driving sucks.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Up the compression and invest in a much more thorough tune.

have a focus with midrange power. That is what makes a solid daily driver. you dont need ultra lowend or snappy high revs to make a fun and ballsy daily driver

Build what you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in