Introduction and question about d16 head surface - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2015, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Introduction and question about d16 head surface

Hey guys glad to be a part of the forum after lurking for a few weeks, just wanna say thanks to everyone and I'd be lost without you haha. I've been missing my h22 prelude I had a few years back so I ended up buying a 98 civic ex 2 door manual for cheap and cant wait to get it tuned up. Thing is once I dug into this car I realized its turning into quite a can of worms, im calling it franken civic because so many parts are mismatched... It has 4 different tires, one is a 215 the rest are 205, the rims are konigs but there bent, it has an auto cluster, the struts are blown, 3 are stock one is a kyb, the cat is removed, the trunk had about 4" of water with aquatic life growing in it, broken motor mount, bad input shaft bearing, and to top it all off it has a D16Z6 WITH A Y5 HEAD...[ bang head on wall] so In other words its a typical used civic where im from lol. Should be a fun time getting this thing back in order and maybe adding a little somethin somethin
Rippin vtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2015, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

whats the question about the d16 head surface? Im lost
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2015, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Sorry I'm trying to figure out how to post pics of it. There's a pretty good nick on one of the passages on the head, next to a cylinder, and I'm wondering if the head is trash.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

https://www.d-series.org/forums/n00b-...hots-pics.html
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Pretty good nic in the head wondering if I can fix this or just slap it on to daily lightly till I can get a y8 head?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0070.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	558.6 KB
ID:	91794   Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0074.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	510.4 KB
ID:	91802   Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0073.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	503.7 KB
ID:	91810  
Old 07-11-2015, 07:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

go get it milled.

or put a gasket on it and see if it sticks out into the aread between the cylinder and head, where the combustion happens. if not, copper spray the gasket both sides and run it. Id get it milled, since its already off. napa charged a buddy 75$ to mill his head. same day turn around
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Okay I think I know what you mean. I'll most likely run it as is and use copper spray like you said. I considered milling it but it looks like it was previously done. its a vtec e head and I want to upgrade it to a y8 to match the ECU anyways so doesn't have to last that long. Thanks for your help man.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 mitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regular

That looks like it would need a lot of milling for it to disappear.......
mitchwbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2015, 09:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Do like slo said and throw a gasket over it to see where this nick shows up.

Looks like 90% of it isnt even sealed with a gasket, just gonna be floating in coolant.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2015, 06:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Decided I'm just going with a y8 head for cheap off craigslist. when I lined up the head gasket was almost halfway through the cylinder wall's sealing surface. I also heard that the line pattern on the head is from being machined poorly and it won't seal right soo def not worth the headache... No pun intended. Thanks for the help guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in