Energy Suspension Motor mount inserts - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Everything Else » New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2015, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Energy Suspension Motor mount inserts

Hey. Was wondering if anyone could give me any tricks or hints on installation of motor mount inserts. Difficulty? Review? Just some help. Thanks all !
Bobby 99d16y8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2015, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

because the internet isn't full of all this information already? because energy suspension didn't include instructions?

Let me google that for you
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2015, 09:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
because the internet isn't full of all this information already? because energy suspension didn't include instructions?

Let me google that for you
Does he really need google to tell him how to use a socket wrench and a few gear wrenches?

Or a doctor?

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 10:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I've installed several, and they actually CAN be a complete pain. They are made a hair wider to eliminate slop, but that makes getting the rear bracket hard to get on. I can't recall if it was the ES or Prothane mounts that needed some additional love, but I had to remove some material to get the rears to stay put.

I also use a channel locks to press them together while the bracket was slid over them, and used silicone lube on the outside to get the bracket to slide over them easier.

As far as a review, I've had them on my turbo D16 for nearly a decade w/o issues. It was daily driven from spring to fall for several years. I also have them in my F22 F2B & H23A-vtec H2B cars. Zero engine movement, almost no wheelhop, far less vibration than full poly mounts.

FYI: ES only offers the rear & torque mount locations, while the Prothane kit only covers the rear & sides and is stiffer. The driver's side kit is actually a full replacement and is as stiff as any known full poly mount, so I only recommend it if you use the softer inner puck w/ several large holes drilled in it (reduces vibration).

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2015, 09:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I have a prothane kit for my car. Its a weird rectangle thing that takes up slop on drivers side, simple 2 half on tranny upper and rear.

Rear mount was super easy. Ziptie the halves together, and once everything is lined up, throw the bolt through.
EDIT I had to cut little rubber bump on upper part of rear mount before it fit. Kit was for manual. Auto mounts have little extra bump, else identical

I did my car with basic tools and minimal swearing in under 2 hours.

Driver side was a hugepain in the butt, I had vicegrips twisting one side in as the other side was gapped to allow mount thing to be slipped into place.

Build what you have!

Old 06-30-2015, 11:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Dude what's with half of you fuckin clowns?! Yeah i f'n googled it, yeah it comes with instructions, no I've never f'n installed them or used them before. Simply was wondering if anyone could share there experiences. Thanks to those of you who have and fuck off to the rest if you dicks
Old 06-30-2015, 11:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

you seem mad, sand in your vagina?
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Maybe a few small grains up in there I suppose...
Old 06-30-2015, 12:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Dude chill and grow some thicker skin. Flying off the handle and insulting the sites user base as a whole isn't going to get you anywhere.

People come to this site and demand relatively simple advise all the time so expect the norms here to be a bit tired of dealing with bullshit.

Speak with intelligence along with maturity and typically that's what you will get in return.

This place is a bit of a goldmine for information and ideas not typically found elsewhere, you may not understand yet but typically the best forums with the best information are less willing to put up with BS and can push your buttons.

Last edited by Tw34k; 06-30-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Tw34k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2015, 12:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I'm fine. Totally understand what you're saying. One twelve year old, one seven year old and a seventeen year old step daughter has gave me some "thick skin". My frustration with the responses was due to the frustration with installing these damn motor mount inserts. That being said, the reason I joined this forum was because of the wealth of information and knowledge on here and I guess I didn't expect a few smart asses here and there. So from here on out I'll expect it and not be taken so off gaurd. So back to the motor mounts I go....
Old 06-30-2015, 12:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby 99d16y8 View Post
Hey. Was wondering if anyone could give me any tricks or hints on installation of motor mount inserts. Difficulty? Review? Just some help. Thanks all !
Difficulty - Easy

Review - Not worth it, wear too fast, window sealant and old motor mounts feel about the same. IF you want real solid mounts go aluminium.

Is the rest of your car maintained and ready to support this? I mean why do the bushings and not the shocks, brakes, tie rod ends etc while you are there taring it apart.

Do you have a turbo, are you drag racing, or just looking to replace old tired parts?

Now go wash out your cookie and get back to it. We act this way because we care...about this site. This process weeds out the weak. Which are you?

edit: saw your post....my post still stands.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

window weld ftw
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Window weld or urethane casting compound in very clean mounts is a better option imo. Personally I like my mounts solid steel or aluminum.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

i would use moog
ArceDaBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2015, 05:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby 99d16y8 View Post
I had them in my CRX. They do make the installation of the mount back in the car a bit more difficult. They stick out past the edge of the mount. To fix it just pry open the other side of the mount a bit, reinstall, then torque the bolt to tighten it back up.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Sac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelEspinoza View Post
Window weld or urethane casting compound in very clean mounts is a better option imo. Personally I like my mounts solid steel or aluminum.
Quote:
window weld ftw

I'm actually solidifying the 4 mounts for my EJ7 today.

3M #08690
Shore hardness scale:60~65A

Brand new mounts + 3M = cheap, easy, solid mounts.

I had done this to my old 99 protégé ES and I've also done it to blown out PT Cruiser mounts. Works great. Cornering, road feel, torque, braking all improved.
Can make the ride louder but I'm a driver that doesn't care about road noise. I just turn up the SA-8.

To the OP, did you have good luck with the inserts? Did you even use them?
Sac*HXy5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2015, 05:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
you seem mad, sand in your vagina?
You win the internet!

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2015, 06:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

Ive done the 2 part urethane to fill in a set of mounts. Worked fine for a short period of time/drag racing.

Ive been advised that there is a brush on "primer" that's needed to make the new stuff to stick to the mount. But I have not found it yet. Would like to soon, building another car soon. I have a spray can of Adhesion Promoter, may give that a shot

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2015, 09:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Michael99 is learning the way of the DMichael99 is learning the way of the D

I had used this inserts on all 3 bushings . Its only last there one week, after I put stock bushings back. there was crazy vibration and noise, I thought my car gonna loose all bolts and nuts

I do not recommend you unless that is track car
Michael99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2015, 03:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Ive had all 3 mounts with inserts for about 3 months now.

warm idle is about the only annoying thing. Not a whole lot of interior rattle, though it shows how loose my manual window regulators are. and how loose the broken center vents are.

I thoroughly enjoy the crispness of shifts

Build what you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in