Just one question about turbo - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2015, 11:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Just one question about turbo

Before you reply. I am 18, in school and I deliver pizzas (low ass income). But anyways to get to the point, I got a 98 civic sedan with a super stock d15y7. I know about cars. I'm in college getting my degree in the automotive field and mechanical engineering. So I was gonna replace the rods and Pistons with lower comp ones, replace the fuel injectors and fuel pressure regulator and bolt on a turbonetics turbo kit and run about 12 pounds of boost. I don't even have a horsepower goal. I just want to learn more about forced induction and have a fun daily driver. I'm not going to be pushing it on a track or some shit just saying. But yea my question is do I need a better fuel pump ? Or will the stock one be ok. And how the hell am I gonna solve the whole ECU problem ?
Johnnyyjoness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2015, 01:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

That's three questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2015, 01:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Get a fuel pump they are cheap. You could get away with oem one but for the cost you mite as well buy one. Also convert your car to obd1 so it can be tuned.

Old 06-26-2015, 01:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Replace the fuel pump.

And convert to OBD1. Find a tuner who tunes on CROME or Neptune and has a dealer license for either/both and get a chip burnt. Don't need to spend money on the ROM emulator and other shit if you're not going to tune it yourself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2015, 02:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Agreed^^^^^. Only thing is Don't want to skimp money on tuner, Don't just go with a cheaper on, get a good one worth the money because your car is worth it !!!
Francisco.jj26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2015, 05:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

In school with a low paying job. Im going to say that you shouldnt turbo your car.

Ive been there. Trying to take engineering classes and having an unreliable car is no good.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2015, 05:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

here is you lol

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2015, 07:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
In school with a low paying job. Im going to say that you shouldnt turbo your car.

Ive been there. Trying to take engineering classes and having an unreliable car is no good.
Best answer on this thread.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2015, 07:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

^ x 1,000

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2015, 07:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

If your current job cannot support buying a new motor right off the bat (just in case scenario), skip the turbo idea.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2015, 08:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

guys, stop using logic. he already has his mind made up, let him do it his way, Im sure his mom wont mind him using the minivan on date night
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2015, 08:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide View Post
Replace the fuel pump.

And convert to OBD1. Find a tuner who tunes on CROME or Neptune and has a dealer license for either/both and get a chip burnt. Don't need to spend money on the ROM emulator and other shit if you're not going to tune it yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco.jj26 View Post
Agreed^^^^^. Only thing is Don't want to skimp money on tuner, Don't just go with a cheaper on, get a good one worth the money because your car is worth it !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanguy View Post
Get a fuel pump they are cheap. You could get away with oem one but for the cost you mite as well buy one. Also convert your car to obd1 so it can be tuned.
Thanks for giving me a flat answer unlike these other people
Old 06-26-2015, 08:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
guys, stop using logic. he already has his mind made up, let him do it his way, Im sure his mom wont mind him using the minivan on date night
You look 30 but talk like your 14. Keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself
Old 06-26-2015, 08:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
you mean uncle ted's 500k mile corolla wagon?

lol

But seriously OP, having a turbo setup is all fun and that, but you need to have a spare group of funds you are willing at any moment to light on fire.

You gotta pay to play. And you cannot be in 100% control. The first time the weather turns shitty, but you NEED an oil change. Are you gonna wait? Or are you gonna trust the under paid under-educated walmart or jiffy lube guys?

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2015, 08:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

What's wrong with the d15y7 ? It hasn't been touched, 135k miles, fuel saver, i don't get it. Getting a used B-series engine is around 400 where I live but I don't want one
Old 06-26-2015, 08:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Red dot time.

I know its not what you want to hear. I didnt want to hear it either and I paid the price. Wasted a bunch of money and ended up hating my car. Struggling to fix your car on a shoestring budget every week when you have Calculus, Chemistry, and Physics exams you need to be studying for. Its not fun.

If you cant afford another car, or at the very least to pull your current engine out and set it aside as a backup, then you cant afford to turbo your car. Your best bet is to start prepping now with a chipped ECU, injectors, fuel pump, clutch, and motor mounts. Once those are all installed and the car is running, you can start to think about turbo parts. If you do it the other way around youre just setting yourself up for disaster.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Alright

Last edited by Johnnyyjoness; 06-26-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:37 AM   #18 (permalink)

I would try to source a good condition D16Z6 locally (good luck). Keep the Y7 as an "oh, shit" engine if you need it. The Z6 should be able to take enough boost to be fun.

But seriously, you need to lay the foundation first, and its going to cost a bit and take a while. Patience is a virtue.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Red dot time.

I know its not what you want to hear. I didnt want to hear it either and I paid the price. Wasted a bunch of money and ended up hating my car. Struggling to fix your car on a shoestring budget every week when you have Calculus, Chemistry, and Physics exams you need to be studying for. Its not fun.

If you cant afford another car, or at the very least to pull your current engine out and set it aside as a backup, then you cant afford to turbo your car. Your best bet is to start prepping now with a chipped ECU, injectors, fuel pump, clutch, and motor mounts. Once those are all installed and the car is running, you can start to think about turbo parts. If you do it the other way around youre just setting yourself up for disaster.
Thanks. This is what I've been waiting for. I got a bunch of paths to choose from but no matter what I'm going to have a replacement engine
Old 06-26-2015, 08:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
I would try to source a good condition D16Z6 locally (good luck). Keep the Y7 as an "oh, shit" engine if you need it. The Z6 should be able to take enough boost to be fun.

But seriously, you need to lay the foundation first, and its going to cost a bit and take a while. Patience is a virtue.
I get you. I'm not in any kind of rush. I just needed some advice from Honda guys.But trust me, I'm planing out this project to actually be a reliable car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in