Gday from australia!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2015, 06:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Gday from australia!!

Hey guys!

My names Matthew and i decided to make an account because I'm planning on boosting my ej8 so I thought it'd be a good idea to start here. I'm still new to boost, still doing some research and haven't purchased any parts yet but I'd like to somewhat build some internals just for peace and mind for reliability. Let me know on thoughts!

So far what i've done to my car

- diy painted sunlight yellow
- em1 front + rear conversion
- geniune ek9 lip + grille + headlights
- geniune type R rear lip
- rear roof visor + window visor
- diy amber parker + indicator (in one)
- fully functional s2000 cluster
- DC5 base model steering wheel
- DC2 seats with inner rails swapped

- custom 2.5" catback (high flow cat and 5-Zigen B-pipe with OEM style center) through to twin loop muffler
- simota intake
- tog headers
- Edelbrock intake manifold (not installed)

- 16x7 buddyclub P1 old school
- ASR Subframe + ITR Rear Sway bar
- Koni SRT.T with Ground Control Coilovers (OTS Spring rates)

Wheels are now painted white
cambofresh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2015, 07:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

She's classy mate. Seems ripe for boost, you have done a great job so far. Let us see the engine bay, pop the bonnet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2015, 07:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Very sexy color.

Welcome to the site. There is tons of information here.
You seem to have a good head on your shoulders.
So search around father information, make a to buy list and do work lol...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 07:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Love the car, the S2K cluster is a nice touch.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2015, 07:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Onatop Send a message via Yahoo to Onatop

Well Done.

Often replicated but never DUPLICATED & NEVER done like D&M Tuning
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2015, 03:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Looks clean welcome to dso
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2015, 09:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks guys! Bay is kinda standard, still in factory cypress green (lol). Sorry for the bad pic. Was in a rush today. Motors only done 134xxxkm so still fairly fresh and don't want to blow the motor anytime soon lol.

I hear people say pick 2 of the 3 - Cheap, Fast, Reliable. I was hoping for Cheap and Reliable for now.

Anyways I got some questions for boost, a friend of a friend is selling a full ACL Bearing Kit + NPR p29 75.5mm pistons for $270AUD which seems cheap considering the currency isn't the best. I was wondering if there would be any clearance issues with the pistons on the D16Y8 block and would I have to get custom length rods?

Long shot I'm hoping to achieve 220-250whp depending on my budget.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

After doing some quick research i think I'd stick with a 75mm piston to save me time to bore. So far, the parts which I'm hoping to get within the next month or two (because im still a uni kid haha) to prep the motor for turbo are:

75mm Nippon Pistons
75mm head gasket (because i need to change it anyway)
Eagle Rods (H or I beam) , though most probably H
ACL Bearing kit

thing is, im not sure if the pistons will slap.

Last edited by cambofresh; 06-17-2015 at 02:55 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Bay looks good man, I guess a whale penis would look weird on a bar, in a bay seems fitting. Sorry, I got jokes for days.

Have the bore checked for oval. Then decide on piston size?

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2015, 12:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 31 93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....
93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 82 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 93 red ls

welcome , car looks dope!

93 red ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2015, 08:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

thanks 93 red ls

and Whoshot I have not checked the bore for oval yet. I may check it sometime next week when my exams are over. But you can always hone the cylinder holes to get it back into shape and still utilise the 75mm right?
Old 06-18-2015, 12:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series.org Sponsor

Hi Matthew and welcome to the forum! Thanks for joining us and sharing pictures of your awesome ride. Lots of very informed members on here with a wealth of information, so you've come to the right place! Enjoy your time here.

Honda Civic

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
|
carid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2015, 04:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks Carld! Alot of useful information here! I will keep all users updated on my progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in