I guess I'm a noob - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2015, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Thehagerbomb has been punished by the users of d-series.org
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default I guess I'm a noob

So I guess my posts have been offending users on this forum? I thought the point of this whole thing was to help people learn and I have learned a lot in the past 5 days on here. Thanks for those who have been helpful.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thehagerbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2015, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

The point others have made is you are learning by first posting false or foolish "facts" then learning by having someone with the correct answer slap you.

When other members are saying step back and read, please do so.

learning is nice, yes, but these cars have been around for 20+ years. PLENTY of time for damn near EVERYTHING about them to be posted at some point.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2015, 05:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Aight man I'll step off. Just frustrating. Especially because of the "pros" hassling me can't even give me a place to start on mine before flaming me or asking stupid ass questions I have already answered or don't pertain to the thread. But I can just do shit the hard way and guess and check. Got enough basic knowledge to figure it out just figured the "pros" could give me some pointers. So far nothing I haven't tried. Even the "pros" in my area who have tried can't get it. I'll just keep my mouth shut and let you guys do your thing on here. And my apologies for the rant and the misinformation I posted previously.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I think the idea was that you should use the search option first. Then again, before posting things like "vtec doesnt need valve adjsutment"

Search/research.

I say stupid stuff too, but I try to at least dig into my old memory of D motors, and when it fails me, I accept I was wrong.

Who are we to stop you from posting? just double check stuff. If you are not sure about it, there are plenty of resources available.

Build what you have!

Old 05-24-2015, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Woah I believe I said something to the effect of if your motor is ticking then you probably NEED to adjust your valves. At least that's what I would do if my motor had ticking that followed through the RPM range. Valve lash is important and will cause a motor not to run.

Pretty sure someone else on that thread said that the vtec automatically adjusts the valves to which I informed them on duration, lash, and timing of the valves.

The part I was wrong about was how the cam has two profiles and it changes the duration rather than the timing. Is that right or am I still wrong on that?
Old 05-24-2015, 07:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

i dunno. Im too lazy to check, and got confused in the mix of fresh meat.

Just do your best to be accurate and go from there. I gotta go visit my throne for 30-40 minutes

Build what you have!

Old 05-24-2015, 07:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I think this was the statement that left people shaking their heads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehagerbomb View Post
Vtec just advances timing at high rpm same as turning your dizzy to advance or retard the timing. No larger lobes involved.
This was clearly wrong, but you sounded completely sure of yourself. Try to be accurate or at the very least qualify your statements appropriately.

If you had said something like:

Quote:
I believe Vtec just advances timing at high rpm same as turning your dizzy to advance or retard the timing. I dont think any larger lobes are involved.
You still would have been wrong, but at least you wouldnt have been as misleading.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Woah I believe I said something to the effect of if your motor is ticking then you probably NEED to adjust your valves. At least that's what I would do if my motor had ticking that followed through the RPM range. Valve lash is important and will cause a motor not to run.

Pretty sure someone else on that thread said that the vtec automatically adjusts the valves to which I informed them on duration, lash, and timing of the valves.

The part I was wrong about was how the cam has two profiles and it changes the duration rather than the timing. Is that right or am I still wrong on that?
Vtec holds the valves open longer.
Its either intake or exhaust. Dependong on car.
It also changes the fuel and igntion maps for while this happens. (High cam maps if you look at a tuning program).

Its ok to be wrong but once you find out your wrong its always good to correct it.
Also if you dont know much and there is tons of people saying other wise you might want to listen to them.

Then the whole reading thing is simple. You just read a ton of post that have problems and sloutions.
It doesnt matter of your car isnt having that problem. But you end up learning. So when you have that problem you knownhow to fix it or at lest where to start and what to try.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 08:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

..I thought it was vtech this whole time, I kept coming home with these plastic toys and not a car part..

..what's next, are you going to tell me vtec is for economy?..

..damn now there is an i in front..I give up..

Become a part of, or run away screaming how it was all our fault for not being nice. Either way is fine with me. Don't spout off in threads and then act like it is all good, you were preaching like it was gospel and you had no idea. Time to learn my DSO n00b.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 06:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Well I'll just do my thing. I got my shit in line just trying to get help on my D's in the d forum. When I get mine going I'll share what's up since you guys don't know. Ha.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

you sound like a whiney bitch who doesn't know when to shut the fuck up. that "flaming" that seems to still have a dick up your ass was fucking mild compared to what others have been dealt. and I speak from fucking experience since I am king asshole in this bitch. for fucks sake, every damn post you make is about how someone hurt your feelings and "I thought this place was to help people, woe is fucking me"

koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 05-25-2015 at 07:50 PM.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 07:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

For someone who also didn't know about how his vtec worked either those are some big words. If you couldn't tell I gave up on trying to help you assholes and am just trolling, drinking beer, and watching tv. As said before if anyone needs anything legitimate I will do my damndest to try and help anyone with a problem.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

hahahaha, did you really assume I didn't know how it worked?

koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

"Valve timing? Is that the same as duration?" Yeah you know what you're talking about too.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

apparently you cant pick up on sarcasm. this used to be so much fun, its like youre not even trying anymore
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 08:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

Aww sorry I ruined your fun 😂 don't give a fuck.

As I said before I was just hoping for some help.

Not too big off deal since I still could profit off a non running car.

Real project is a full restore on a 1973 VW squareback. Or my rock crawlers. The honda's are just some cheap fun and learning about odb2.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

What? TLDR

Old 05-25-2015, 09:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
hahhahahahahahahaha

Build what you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in