olde motorhead new to Hondas - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2015, 05:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question olde motorhead new to Hondas

Does being new to Hondas make me a n00b?
Does posting this message make me a n00b?
What exactly is a n00b anyway?
Rugger53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2015, 05:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

n00b is a mindset.

Do you like to read? Do you have a thirst for knowledge? Are you opened to ideas that possibly conflict with common backyard mechanic mythology?

Is yes, then youre probably not a n00b.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2015, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

A new bie. In order works a new baby.
You dont know anything yet. So until you learn you are a noob.

If you have the time and will to learn then all is good.

Welcome to the site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 07:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

welcome. this site has so much knowledge buried in it. you should theoretically never have to ask a question. I've been here 5 years and have learned so much.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2015, 11:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Thehagerbomb has been punished by the users of d-series.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hoove View Post
you should theoretically never have to ask a question.

If that were true my d16y7 would be running right now. 😝 but welcome and you can ask questions because not everything is in here or honda-tech or civicforums.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thehagerbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2015, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Many thanks to all ye who have responded.

I have learned much in the last few months (new to EFI), have been reminded of much that hasn't been used in awhile, and applied all of that plus what I did remember to the top end rebuild that is coming to an end.

That pretty paint job you see in my album will stick because of what I learned in ten years of auto body work plus another twenty years of general experience in making paint stick to just about any surface available.

It is a reflection of what I have learned about airflow in 46 years of motorhead experience. I started at the throat of the TB and continued through to the tail of the 4-2-1 header. The best purchase I made for that was a rotary carbide cutter, but I also wore out quite a few 1/2" sanding drums and #220 wet or dry sandpaper (wore out my fingertips with the latter).

By luck of the draw I ended up with a ZC head (bought off a parts hotline). As part of the original purchase, I have a Z6 head with Crower springs and cam, but I'm saving it for my turbo motor. While waiting for parts I did airflow work on that one also.

I named the car ""Swamp Bug", which in my part of the country refers to a crawdad. It was an absolute pleasure to drive and I am looking forward to doing so once again, only now she'll have a little more muscle to play with.

I don't know about making "plugs" in this site, but if it's okay I'll give you the name of a product that is excellent for cleaning rust and steel.

Thanks again to all of you.

Rugger53

Last edited by Rugger53; 05-24-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Rugger53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in