The New Guy! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2015, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default The New Guy!

wutsup guys. New to the site and just looking for some good info
98 civic ex. I would like to rebuild the d16y8 and eventually turbo.
Dont really know where to start

Any suggestions? Anything will help!

Thanks!
jdrojas12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2015, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Welcome to DSO. Research is the best place to start any project, determine your goals, figure out what it will take to get there, and execute. LOT'S of info out there....

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2015, 07:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Welcome to dso
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

as stated in the other thread. give the search bar a try.

also, going to throw logic at you, put on a helmet.

rebuild BEFORE turbo. youll thank yourself later
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2015, 01:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series.org Sponsor

Hello and welcome to the forum! Thanks for joining us. You'll find some interesting info on this forum. If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share! Good luck with your project and keep us posted.

Honda Civic

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
carid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2015, 03:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrojas12 View Post

Thanks!
welcome to the org .

back when I was 12, when I didn't know something but wanted to know about it ,I would https://www.google.ca/search?biw=102....0.cJr-Xyo4KgY

There is alot of useful information out there if you are willing to search, read and learn from it...
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Thehagerbomb has been punished by the users of d-series.org

Don't mind robgoof he's kind of a troll. But there are threads on this site for building and turboing d16y8's so he's not totally out of line being a dick in this situation. Search before you ask and save us all some time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thehagerbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2015, 03:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Make a budget and stick with it. Figure out what you can spend each month, spend that and no more. And for your own sake, DO NOT USE A CREDIT CARD! No cash, no stash. Keep it that way. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

"Sometimes I think the light at the end of the tunnel is just some asshole with a glow stick. If I ever catch 'im I'll make 'im wear his ass for a hat."

Peace n love ya'll

Rugger53

P.S. For anyone wondering what that line under "RUGBY" reads it's, "like the NFL, but for men".

Last edited by Rugger53; 05-24-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Rugger53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 07:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehagerbomb View Post
Don't mind robgoof he's kind of a troll. But there are threads on this site for building and turboing d16y8's so he's not totally out of line being a dick in this situation. Search before you ask and save us all some time.

Dont mind this guy, he just learned about vtec cam profiles.........fuckin n00b better watch out fucking with my canadian bacon.

Quote:

Thanks!
Start with maintenance. Learn how to set valve lash, replace timing belt, water pump etc, gets you nails dirty and some knowledge in your dome.

The y8 can take a turbo beating if built right, or if you just want reliable fun on the street you can keep the budget in check and build a nice little toy.

Depends on if you mean to drag race, or daily, or what not....

There are motors that can take more pressure then others, but internals can help net you some serious power in these D's.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah

Last edited by Whoshot; 05-25-2015 at 07:43 AM.
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 07:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah don't mind me, the guy who just bought his first vtec honda two weeks ago. Sorry I fucked up a thread and learned a shitload about vtec. If you have any questions ask, I'll pay attention and do my best to help instead of calling you a n00b and telling you not to post.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

so, how long you going to be butthurt? how long are you going to call members trolls? how many red dots can you get for the duration of your stay?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 07:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Haters gonna hate 😝😂

Old 05-25-2015, 09:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Doesn't matter if I didn't know what vtec was 24 hours ago but unless I see robgoof post something worth a shit he's just a troll. IMHO anyways. Not like that matters since I've been here for 6 days.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehagerbomb View Post
Doesn't matter if I didn't know what vtec was 24 hours ago but unless I see robgoof post something worth a shit he's just a troll. IMHO anyways. Not like that matters since I've been here for 6 days.

How bout fuck you. I didn't have anything against you ,key word bitch -didn't-

I've got a bunch of anal creampie pictures of your mom but I can't post them here on dso.

Sorry to the OP that Thehagerbomb ruined your post.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2015, 04:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Keep it to PM
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2015, 05:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks!
Hve you done a compression test? do you know you need a rebuild or do you just want to rebuild b4 turbo for peace of mind? i ask because lots of well maintained dseries motors with high mileage are fine for turbo if theyr still healthy.also if you are going tomrebuild for turbo,research first .dont do an oem rebuild if only planning on 250hp or less.
Where to start id say search turbo builds ,how a turbo works,turbo tuning and fuel requirements.make a solid budget amount and desired hp goals and let us know and im sure youl get more specific info.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in