180k original clutch? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2015, 06:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 180k original clutch?

S#hit you not, I have a 2000 Honda Civic Hatch EJ6 and the clutch has and car for this matter just hit 180,000 miles. anyone else hit this mileage before?!? I dump the clutch once every couple months and the thing still locks right up. Still grabs but I'm just wondering now when this is going to go out possibly... Any thoughts? Post up your clutch mileage!!! Lets see what everyone has.
Djruel01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2015, 08:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I bought a 1988 CRX DX in 2005 from the second owner who had it since 1990, dead stock she claimed nothing had ever been changed but the battery, oil and tires. I asked her if it had the factory clutch and she didnt realize they ever had to be changed.

It was slipping a little, not undriveable, but couldnt do burnouts and it would slip some if I floored it in 5th doing more than about 80.

On the way home from purchasing it, it rolled over 300k.

I drove it for about 6 months before putting in a b16a, I tried to kill that d15b2 by letting it run at 8k for like 10 minutes before I took it out, it smoked out the house but never blew, so I shut it down and gave it away to a new home.

Last edited by JoelEspinoza; 05-18-2015 at 08:38 AM.
JoelEspinoza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2015, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

305k on a stock clutch in my 91 totota with 22re. Pulled the block because of broken chain and decided to refresh/reseal the engine and put one on it. It still had a little life but was exremely worn and I wouldn't have reused it or even given it away. It wasn't slipping even when hauling 1,200 lbs of wood and shit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 09:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

my GSR was on the original clutch when I pulled the motor with 170K to re-ring it.

the clutch was on its way out but didn't slip at all
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2015, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....

1986 CRX - put 155k on the street, then gutted the bitch and started racing it...used the stock transmission and clutch for 6 years before rebuilding the transmission (close ratio) and putting in a new clutch.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

220k on a stock 90 crx when it started slipping
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2015, 12:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 cticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 46 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cticknor666

My moms Subaru had 319k on the stock EJ22 clutch. That's with me doing awd launches lol.
cticknor666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2015, 12:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Only got about 130K out of the original clutch in my 94 GSR Teg
fuzzyknub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2015, 12:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 TexasTechX1 is almost a somebodyTexasTechX1 is almost a somebodyTexasTechX1 is almost a somebodyTexasTechX1 is almost a somebody

my 1st gen crx had 177k on the original clutch before it finally wore out. my 2nd gen crx had its clutch replaced by its previous owner around 110k. I bought my current hatch at 144k and the original clutch had a lot of life left in the material but the original pressure plate broke some fingers, so it would chatter real bad while you were trying to release it... we all got a good laugh when we took it apart and found out what the problem was.
TexasTechX1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in