Noob from AL - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Noob from AL

Just finally decided to join after lurking around for a while and looking for information here and there. I am from Anniston, Alabama and have a 93 civic dx with the d16z6 in it. I acquired the car from my brother that had a ls swap with a 18g turbo on it after he blew it up on 15psi . Needless to say he wasn't thrilled that his old car now would have a SOHC in it lol. The z6 was rebuilt with srp PM6 9.5:1 pistons, eagle h beam rods, golden eagle head studs, supertech blockguard, comp cams valve springs with new valves, brian crower springs and retainers. I am stuck on a dilemma on which cam to run and if I want to use a aftermarket intake manifold or not. Also Of course has all new bearings, water pump, timing set, gaskets, seals etc. Has intake, header and full exhaust ,coilovers and rota rb 4x100 +25 offset wheels. Car is a little peppy for being a sohc with the mods and the s20 or p20 b000 transmission which ever you go by. Ill try to post a pic of it sometime tomorrow when im not at work. Plan is to make 250-300whp later from a turbo setup.
xbox gamertag - I FAIL AT TH1S

Last edited by 93egz6; 04-30-2015 at 08:42 PM.
93egz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2015, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Picture of the car...as stated a work in progress
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car1.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	548.8 KB
ID:	87705  
Old 05-01-2015, 05:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Welcome to the forum! Plenty of info on cams and intake manifolds here among other things, I'm sure you'll find what your looking for.
cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 06:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Sounds like a soild setup. Colt cams has great customer service and stand behind a great warranty as well. The one cam I wouldn't run is a Bisimoto, other than that most the others are pretty decent.

You can always start a showcase thread if you want to show progress on the car with some pics of the work and parts being installed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2015, 06:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Welcome, in for moar pics or showcase.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2015, 10:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

All the work is already done and car is running sorry didn't take any build pics...ill post some pics sometime this week of the way I got the car and what it is now...Lets just say this is a hardcore weight reduction car , my brother decided just about everything needed to come out lol
Old 05-04-2015, 07:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Car looks pretty clean and the single jingle in it can handle some boost if you wanted to go that route..
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2015, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Goal is going to be 250-300whp on the setup in the car. I have already started accumulating other parts that will be needed for this .

Last edited by 93egz6; 05-05-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

Om nom nom nom. Love that color on a hatch ... not something you see too often. Welcome to the D.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

it needs to be redone but yes I love that color and it will go back to that color
Old 05-06-2015, 12:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series.org Sponsor

93egz6, welcome to the forum! Nice to have you join us. The car looks really nice, it should be great and promising project for you. Good luck and keep us posted!

Honda Civic

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
carid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in