Intro - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2015, 05:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Intro

New here, never messed with d series motors (had b powered cars and currently a k24 eg I autocross) but I'm looking at an 89 crx dx to daily and thinking about a budget zc or SOHC vtec swap to learn about the motors and have an easy/cheap project.

(Really I just need to rack up 65 posts so I can access the classifieds, I dont have any idea what these motors are going for nowadays or where to find them)
10cjennings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2015, 06:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

First rule of fight club.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 07:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

we don't have classifieds. someone lied to you. gtfo

koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 07:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Wow the intro thread of yours clearly states the intentions of you. We don't just want people here to buy/sell shit, that is for ebay/craigslist. We want productive members here, this is a community not a flea market you can buy puppy's from a mill.

I wasn't going to report you earler but now I am, FUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10cjennings View Post

(Really I just need to rack up 65 posts so I can access the classifieds, I dont have any idea what these motors are going for nowadays or where to find them)

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Last edited by BeerDrinkin; 04-28-2015 at 07:49 AM.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2015, 05:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

It does state, and those are, my intentions. I can't be of much help recognizing how little I know about d series stuff, nor will I have 65 posts worth of questions ever (all of my questions have been answered by the stickies). I'm here to buy parts so I can learn, maybe after that point I'll be able to share.

Last edited by 10cjennings; 04-30-2015 at 05:08 AM.
10cjennings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2015, 05:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Well you will never get into the classifieds so just log the fuck out.

Seriously.

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 04-30-2015, 05:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

wrong answer. go buy shit off ebay and craigslist. you don't know shit about the engines, but you want to buy parts? logic. I don't know how to make rocket fuel, fuck learning, Ill just buy some gas, a zippo, nos, and a bandaid and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Wow the intro thread of yours clearly states the intentions of you. We don't just want people here to buy/sell shit, that is for ebay/craigslist. We want productive members here, this is a community not a flea market

your 65 post rule also comes with mod approval, and considering you have been flagged for post whoring, I doubt it anyway lol. also, isn't there a 30 day membership too? buh-bye
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I buy all my parts from the scrap yard
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2015, 07:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I buy all my parts from his scrap yard too. He lubes everything with maple syrup.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2015, 07:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

The Falkland Isles have a ratio of about 350:1 sheep to people. OP has a good chance of getting laid if he moves there.

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 04-30-2015, 08:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Did you also know that banging your head against a wall can burn up 150 calories an hour!

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 04-30-2015, 08:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 jpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
New here, never messed with d series motors (had b powered cars and currently a k24 eg I autocross) but I'm looking at an 89 crx dx to daily and thinking about a budget zc or SOHC vtec swap to learn about the motors and have an easy/cheap project.

Quote:
It does state, and those are, my intentions. I can't be of much help recognizing how little I know about d series stuff, nor will I have 65 posts worth of questions ever (all of my questions have been answered by the stickies). I'm here to buy parts so I can learn, maybe after that point I'll be able to share.
Honestly dude, the classifieds are not very active and they are mostly turbo related anyway, so accessing them won't be of much help to you. Much of the current activity on d-series is from a collection of ppl who post useless shit, non-stop... but, that's the case with most all forums these days. However, there are a handful of very informed and sometimes helpful members still posting answers to specific questions in the tech forums. If you can't find it searching, ask there.
jpciii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2015, 08:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
The Falkland Isles have a ratio of about 350:1 sheep to people. OP has a good chance of getting laid if he moves there.
there is an island in japan(?) that has a 6:1 ratio of cats to people. its named cat island, or island of cats....some shit.

since we're throwing out random knowledge bombs.

also, the higher the fall, the more of a chance a cat has to land without being injured.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 SheerTerror smells like BoratSheerTerror smells like BoratSheerTerror smells like BoratSheerTerror smells like BoratSheerTerror smells like Borat

just here for the comments
SheerTerror is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in