Bouncing idle and loose gas pedal . - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2015, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Bouncing idle and loose gas pedal .

So I just replaced my iacv for my civic ex 97. Took off throttle body also to clean it . When I put everything back i noticed gas pedal didn't work . Than when car warmed up I had a bouncing idle from 1000rpm - 2000rpm . . If anyone can help that would be great !!!!
Emer925 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2015, 01:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Did you reconnect the throttle cable correctly? I assume you also now have a vacuum leak.

Why did you replace the IACV?

As House always tells the chick "Its not NOT Lup...The IACV..."
Old 04-28-2015, 07:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelEspinoza View Post
Did you reconnect the throttle cable correctly? I assume you also now have a vacuum leak.

Why did you replace the IACV?

As House always tells the chick "Its not NOT Lup...The IACV..."
I replaced the iacv because I had low idle and my car would
Sometimes stall. When I replaced it I noticed it was hella dirty .

Old 04-28-2015, 07:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Yea, you didn't reconnect the throttle cable.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanInFlipFlops View Post
Yea, you didn't reconnect the throttle cable.
So I need to tighten it? Or replace it with a new one
Old 04-28-2015, 08:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano

The throttle sits in a bracket bolted to the intake, and then attaches to your throttle plate, you missed one of those steps.

Honda IACVs almost NEVER go bad in my experience, but it seema like everytime someone has an idle issue they run out and buy a new one. It usually has nothing to do with the IACV, but when it does 99% of the time they just need to be blown out with some carb or brake cleaner, not replaced.

Its like buying a new laptop because your old one got clogged up with cat hair, just blow it out, dont throw your money away.

I should start getting people to send me their "bad" IACVs, and invest in $6 worth the carb cleaner and resell them as rebuilt IACVs and sell them for $50 a pop, I could make a fricking fortune.

Last edited by JoelEspinoza; 04-28-2015 at 08:23 AM.
JoelEspinoza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 08:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....

What he said ^^^
Follow the throttle cable from the throttle body. You should see where the cable is held by a bracket right where the adjustment screw is. It's a fork type bracket that holds he cable. You must have not reattached it.

Last edited by AlanInFlipFlops; 04-28-2015 at 08:30 AM.
AlanInFlipFlops is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 12:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
What he said ^^^
Follow the throttle cable from the throttle body. You should see where the cable is held by a bracket right where the adjustment screw is. It's a fork type bracket that holds he cable. You must have not reattached it.
Yeah I did reattached it back to the intake where it was mounted .
Old 04-28-2015, 01:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

An accelerator pedal going to the floor means the cable isn't hooked up. Did you route the cable the correct way around the throttle pulley? Under,around,and attach...
Old 04-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

When in doubt post a pic.

I am willing to bet you have a vac leak and you didnt tighten the cable all the way back down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 04:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Did you replaced the throttle body gasket?
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 06:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks guys I just fixed the throttle cable my dumbass didn't put it on right lol . But my idle is still bouncy . And no I didn't replaced the throttle body gasket I'm going to do it now
Old 04-28-2015, 06:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

when was the last time an idle issue was directly related to the IACV? Seriously just because it has Idle in it's title doesn't mean it should be the first thing to "clean". more important and usual culprits are vacuum leaks, improperly set base idle. timing. loose nylon screw in FITV. electrical load, bent valves, blown head gasket, etc...

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 06:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonPinHead View Post
when was the last time an idle issue was directly related to the IACV? Seriously just because it has Idle in it's title doesn't mean it should be the first thing to "clean". more important and usual culprits are vacuum leaks, improperly set base idle. timing. loose nylon screw in FITV. electrical load, bent valves, blown head gasket, etc...
^^
Old 04-29-2015, 06:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelEspinoza View Post
The throttle sits in a bracket bolted to the intake, and then attaches to your throttle plate, you missed one of those steps.

Honda IACVs almost NEVER go bad in my experience, but it seema like everytime someone has an idle issue they run out and buy a new one. It usually has nothing to do with the IACV, but when it does 99% of the time they just need to be blown out with some carb or brake cleaner, not replaced.

Its like buying a new laptop because your old one got clogged up with cat hair, just blow it out, dont throw your money away.

I should start getting people to send me their "bad" IACVs, and invest in $6 worth the carb cleaner and resell them as rebuilt IACVs and sell them for $50 a pop, I could make a fricking fortune.
Quote:
What he said ^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
When in doubt post a pic.

I am willing to bet you have a vac leak and you didnt tighten the cable all the way back down.
Thanks guys for the help . I fixed the bouncy idle. I did have a vacumn leak because I checked the cruise control vacumn line that goes to the intake manifold nipple and it was just hanging . So I connected it and now my car is idling way better than before . No more low idle and stalling when at a stop . The new iacv also helped idle become steady . Easy fix
Old 04-29-2015, 06:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

This little hose was making my idle go up and down
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1430361593071.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	934.3 KB
ID:	87633  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in