Exhaust fitment question dc 2 peice header, yonaka catback - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2015, 12:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Exhaust fitment question dc 2 peice header, yonaka catback

Hey everybody, I have roamed d series for years, but last summer i had a custom exhaust made and it sounds nice but much too large of a inside diameter at points with crush bends and a vibrant stealth muffler and vibrant high performance catalytic converter, anyways looking for a cleaner and quieter setup. That was the only thing i have ever taken my car to a shop for and dont want too again.

It is a d16y8, 1999 honda civic sedan. PS edelbrock intake manfiold... and more

Anyway so I am preparing a new exhaust system. I already have in my possession a DC two piece header 4-2-1 which has a 2 inch collector. I also have a yonaka catback which has a 2.36 I.D (I know too large, but it has very clean welds and was a good price with mendral bends, would have preferred 2.25) Both of these parts are brand new and not modified in any way.

OPTION ONE:
I was planning on buying a 2.25 flowmaster high flow catalytic converter or yonaka 2.25 catback. And add a flange to connect to the collector on the header which is 2 inchs in diameter I have found many such adapters that i can use a exhaust clam and done however this is where i run into a problem, finding a 2.25 3 bolt exhaust flange with piping, as i do have a flux core welder, but if i can weld one less weld, that means less imperfections.

Question: where do people get there 3 bolt flanges for their Honda?

OPTION TWO: Which i would rather go with.

"Magnaflow 22628" a direct fit catalytic converter.

I was thinking about this part to prevent any meddling on my part but i cant find any inside diameter specifications, some people say its larger then stock but i cant find any numbers. No point of me purchasing it if its stock diameter and will be just a bottleneck to a otherwise free flowing system.

Amazon Amazon

I have only started one other thread in years, but i couldnt find any good place to put this question besides the noob forum.

Last edited by Dseries6; 04-18-2015 at 01:02 AM.
Dseries6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2015, 10:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

bump, should this post be placed in naturally aspirated? I dont want to put it there and get flamed for it haha

I just would like to know if anybody knows the specs of the 22628 catalytic converter. I want to find a direct fit that has a 2 inch I.D
Dseries6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2015, 12:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 jetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropes

Most if not all "direct fit" cats are going to have the same inlet and outlet size as the stock exhaust hence being "direct fit." Its not hard to find a generic high flow that has the sizes you want be welded into your system.
jetrinka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in