New here - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2015, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 jetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default New here

Hey everyone, just thought I'd post up an introduction of myself and the vehicle.

My first car was a 94 Accord. An LX coupe, white, with a 5-speed. I loved that car up until somebody t-boned me in an intersection and totaled it.... Airbags don't feel very good...

Anyway ever since then i've wanted another Honda and unfortunately that was over 10 years ago. So enough was enough so I had this find its way into my driveway.

Its an 89 base. Yup, has the mighty D15B1 and the treasured 4-speed! I'll wait for you all to contain your excitement Ok enough drooling. It might not be fast but I love the potential these cars have and am looking forward to slowly making it what I want. Its just oh so nice to have that third pedal and a shifter again. It just feels right.

When I got it, it was green from sitting in a field for a while. However rust seems to be nonexistent save for a few small spots that I've been addressing. My current focus has been getting it reliable and safe. So far i've done
-Replaced injectors and purge hose per Honda TSB to correct extremely rich condition at idle
-Timing belt, water pump, tensioner, cam and crank seals. (man those seals push in easy. Im used to having to use a socket and hammer to slowly persuade them in)
-A full tune up
-Rear wheel cylinders
-New rear muffler
-All the fluids

Its really in very good shape. I've got a set of Neuspeed springs and Tokico dampers I got from a Civic in the junkyard I want to temporarily put on. The plan is to put the springs on and then replace the shot trailing arm bushings to they are clocked to the new suspension height. (yes they will be cleaned thoroughly first)

My long term plans include swapping in a 5-speed SI trans (sooner than later...) along with a D16A6. My power goals are extremely modest, wanting to keep it NA and just "fun." Where I really want to spend money is on suspension, chassis, and tires. IMO there just isn't anything much more fun than carving a balanced car through some sweeping roads. I've never tried my hand at autocross but I am really considering it. This site is a wonderful resource for finding out what works and what doesn't.

Anyway if you read the novel, thanks. This forum is a wonderful resource and I look forward to learning much more about these vehicles!

Last edited by jetrinka; 04-16-2015 at 08:22 PM.
jetrinka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2015, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

I think that's a great find.

(But I'm still a relative noobie, too, so what do I know!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2015, 07:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Nice little find. You up north or down south or in the middle of our great state?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 07:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 jetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropes

In the great north.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Ah I am down south, got peoples near Yelm but haven't got up that way in a while.

Keep the updates coming, look for an intake swap too. Would accompany the trans well.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2015, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

A noob that does research and executes basic maintenance without starting 24 threads all titled "HELP!!!"?

I think you're going to fit in well here, repped....and welcome to DSO

You should definitely look into the autocross thing, you can take the car out as is and learn so much about how to handle a car, react to situations, etc, in a consequence free environment. Best practice ever. Strongly recommended before setting out on an open track day

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2015, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Welcome, now go forth and build a fun car.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2015, 06:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
Ah I am down south, got peoples near Yelm but haven't got up that way in a while.

Keep the updates coming, look for an intake swap too. Would accompany the trans well.
Yeah if I had known then what I know now I would have just done that instead of putting that injector/purge update kit on. Hindsight is 20/20.... For now I am just happy its running well.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Noob View Post
A noob that does research and executes basic maintenance without starting 24 threads all titled "HELP!!!"?

I think you're going to fit in well here, repped....and welcome to DSO

You should definitely look into the autocross thing, you can take the car out as is and learn so much about how to handle a car, react to situations, etc, in a consequence free environment. Best practice ever. Strongly recommended before setting out on an open track day
That is kind of my plan. I'd like to get it out nearly stock and be able to get a decent baseline of how it handles and where i'd like to take it from there. Don't need a ton of power for autocross either which helps out immensely in my situation. B1 POWA!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in