d15b2 intake swap help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2015, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default d15b2 intake swap help

Im new to swaps and need some help so any help is appreciated.
I have a '90 civic with a d15b2 with dpfi. I want to swap it with an mpfi intake off of a d15b7. I want to everything i need and how to do it.
I know i need an obd1 ecu
a conversation harness for the ecu
and im not sure what all else. My big question is how to wire in the injectors in.
again any help is appreciated
jettman94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2015, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Let me google that for you

2nd one.

No need for obd-1 ecu or conversion harness.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.

Last edited by rico58204; 04-14-2015 at 05:12 PM.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2015, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

google fu is weak in this one
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 05:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettman94 View Post
Im new to swaps and need some help so any help is appreciated.
I have a '90 civic with a d15b2 with dpfi. I want to swap it with an mpfi intake off of a d15b7. I want to everything i need and how to do it.
I know i need an obd1 ecu
a conversation harness for the ecu
and im not sure what all else. My big question is how to wire in the injectors in.
again any help is appreciated
I don't get it .

seriously the fuck ...
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

must. resist. urge. to. post. my. famous. meme.
this will have to do for now
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2015, 07:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

So i have the swap done. The car runs but i have to give it gas to keep it running. The ecu is flashing codes 1, 4, 5, and ,14. Im not sure what to do now
Old 04-20-2015, 08:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

did you look up what those codes mean? That is a lot of codes for "a swap done"

make sure MAP sensor is using right plug. There is a good chance you swapped with TPS.

Did you reverse the TPS wiring? this entirely depends on how you went about the swap

you need to update us with how you did your swap, what gudie you may have followed, etc..

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2015, 03:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

http://honda-tech.com/honda-crx-ef-c...-easy-2889205/
This is the guide i followed. Yes i switched the wires on the TPS. I also changed out the IACV and fast idle sensor. The timing is right. Right now the only code im getting is 4, the crank position sensor, and i have to give it gas to start and run, and when it is running, the engine runs a little rough. Im not sure where to go from here
Old 04-24-2015, 04:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

try a new dizzy
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2015, 04:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I already put a new one in to run the obd1 injectors
Old 04-25-2015, 05:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettman94 View Post
I already put a new one in to run the obd1 injectors
Did you bypass the resistor box or how did you wire the injectors?

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2015, 07:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

it is possible you received the incorrect distributor.

loosen the 3 mounting bolts of the distributor only enough to get rotation (should still be snug though).

Fire it up at different points. make only little changes. If that effects how it runs a great deal, you may need to retime it.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2015, 11:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

I didnt use a resistor box because i used obd1 injectors. I just wired them straight to the ecu. And i tried moving the distributor back and forth with no effect.

I came across a thread of a guy with the same problem. (Car wouldnt start or run unless he fed it gas) he was told to change out the ecu for an obd1 ecu (since he had installed an obd1 distributor, like me). Any way he did that and his problem went away.

So i did the same thing. I installed a jumper harness, a p05 ecu and a 4 wire 02 sensor. Now the car starts and runs fine but its throughing code 9, cylinder position sensor (which i have no idea what to do about), and code 41, the 02 sensor.

The sensor i bought is a bosch universal one.... i didnt realize how many people have problems with these until i looked up for to wire it into the jumper harness.

The sensor has 4 wires. A black one, a grey one, and two white ones. And the instructions for the jumper harness instructions said the black wire was for signal, the green was ground, the brown was for power, and the white was heater.

I have the brown and white wires on the harness hooked up to the two white wires on the sensor, i have the green wire from the harness hooked up to the grey wire on the sensor, and i have the black wire from the harness hooked up to the black wire one the sensor. I looked up all the info i could on the bosch sensor wire location but i probably still wired it wrong. Again all the help is appreciated
Old 04-29-2015, 11:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Get a denso direct replacement 02 for the ECU you are using, the bosch shit just doesn't work with our cars.

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 05-02-2015, 04:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Ok i have a denso sensor ordered, it should be here some time next week. Beerdrinkin, By chance do you know which wire is which? (Signal, power, ground, etc.)
Old 05-02-2015, 04:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Also on note on the code 9, cylinder position sensor, i didnt have it when i was running my obd0 ecu but also the car wouldn't start or run. Any ideas?
Old 05-05-2015, 10:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Update on that code 9, i have tired to reset the ecu several times. Taking out the fuse and pulling off the negitive terminal on the battery. Still have the code 9
Old 05-05-2015, 11:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

What dizzy are you using?

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 05-05-2015, 04:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

The dizzy is an obd1 TD41
Old 05-07-2015, 07:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

I got my denso sensor and hooked it up, reset the ecu and checked all my wiring again. I still have the code 9 and 41.

I was looking over my jumper harness wiring directions and apparently this harness is for a vtec car. The harness jas a wire that goes to the vtec solenoid and one that goes to the vtec pressure switch. My car is not vtec and my ecu is not vtec. Could these wires not being hooked up be why im getting codes? And is there anything i can do with them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in