lower ball joint taper - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2015, 07:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Default lower ball joint taper

Civic forth or fith lower ball joint taper. Im making lower control arms for the rear but i need to know the taper on a front lca or the balljoint. So i can get the spindle on there and start mocking up the other three links

My math shows 5.35* but i havea feeling its more like 7-10*
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2015, 09:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I'd have to search on the road racer forum I'm on, but 7 degrees comes to mind.

Someone was looking for the taper reamer for a custom knuckle setup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2015, 05:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!

Thanks, yeah seven rings a bell for me too but i cant make my math say seven its always 5.5-5.8* when i measure the lca or ball joint.for the lca measurment i get 16mm big end 14mm small end and the taper is 20mm long (not the hypotinuse) i dont know i brough the lca into work today im just going to cut a few tapers in alu round bar and see what one fits the best i guess.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I am getting 5.72, with 10% taper....let us know what you find in the real world. Maybe our theory is wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2015, 07:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Yeah il let you guys know for sure. Also i keep trying different measurments since its cast. Like 14.1 small end and 20.2 tall since its hard to get a good measurment. Non work they only change a few points. Ill use a marking marker and ma sure i get full contact before i post the taper degrees.

Also after i figure the taper ill cut off the post on the lower balljoint and set it up in the lathe to make sure

Last edited by Evanguy; 04-15-2015 at 07:23 AM.
Evanguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2015, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Hammer a piece of lead into it. Tap it back out from the other side. Measure. Profit.

Or even easier, measure a ball joint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in