Ebay exhaust - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2015, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Ebay exhaust

94 hatch with d15b7

I just bought a kit off ebay from deep stage garage. Its a 4-2-1header to test pipe to resinator to the 4" muffler. Its got a wicked rasp at high rev. Do i need to swap out the test pipe for a cat?

Btw when i bought the car, it had stock header to straight stock pipe to a fart can. No cat and all welded.
HbDrIvEr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2015, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Like this?

OBX Grade High Flow Catalytic Converter Cat 92 95 Honda Civic Hatchback New | eBay
Old 04-09-2015, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

ebay exhaust systems have utter GARBAGE mufflers.

cut off the muffler and have a proper quality one welded on with new hangers.

Also have the guy doing this go over the flange welds and reenforce the ones relating to the "testpipe" and header point.

You could also have testpipe modified to have a short 12 or 14 inch resonator welded into its palce.

Ebay exhaust is pretty much only used for piping and flanges. Most of the people leaving them either have a nice turbo to block a lot of rasp, or simply dont mind the horrible sound

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 02:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

My last hatch i had, had a stock header a cat and i put on a megan drift spec. Didnt have rasp to it at all. Sounded great. Maybe i should sell this kit and get a drift spec i guess
Old 04-10-2015, 04:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Or get yonaka for cheap exhaust. I have one on my hatch and love it. Sounds similar to a ws2.
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

19si91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 05:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

did you remove the silencer? I have a bbp 2.5'' exhaust to a 4''tip and it only rasp around 2500rpms
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 07:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 iidavid123ii is learning the way of the Diidavid123ii is learning the way of the D

Replace your test pipe with a cat forsure, that should fix the rasp replacing just the muffler would still leave you with rasp. From my experience changing your muffler will only change your exhaust note and drone, your cat/test pipe and resonator seem to affect how raspy your car will sound.
I have a 2.25 tenrai elite ebay exhaust with a fart cannon muffler i got and it sounds surprisingly good with my oe cat on it. Its deep and loud as hell but besides that sounds great i love it. Tried it with a test pipe when i first got it and the rasp drove me insane.
I also wouldnt run the removable silencers if you care about your cars performance or want your exhaust to last.
iidavid123ii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 07:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by iidavid123ii View Post
I also wouldnt run the removable silencers if you care about your cars performance or want your exhaust to last.
um, what?
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 iidavid123ii is learning the way of the Diidavid123ii is learning the way of the D

I thought you were talking about the removable silencer in the ebay muffler, when you mentioned removing the silencer? Or where you talking about a different silencer?
Old 04-10-2015, 08:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

yes, keep the silencer in the muffler and it will cut down on the noise. also, my bbp had a 2.5 inch silencer inside the 4 inch tip, so flow was not compromised. I don't see how a silencer is going to hurt anything
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

$115 shipped FTW!

I'm getting ready to do exactly what mattliston suggested.

It's kind of fitting on the Tape-R (for most of the themes), but I don't like having a loud/annoying endurance racer. Spiral-flow incoming!

Also, the removable silencer in the eBay exhaust barely had a noticeable difference. ...so it stayed out.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 08:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

I forgot to clarify, the silencer in my vibrant muffler is properly sized to match the piping so i know all quality mufflers are like that just like yours is. But The op is rockin an ebay muffler, every ebay muffler ive ever seen including my 4.5 tip tenrai muffler rock a silencer that is significantly smaller than the piping. Measuring my ebay mufflers silencer right now and its only 1.75 inches my piping is 2.25 that's a decent bottle neck,most ebay ones ive seen are like 1.5 inches too. From my experience those tiny ebay silencers kill your top end and blow muffler packing out much faster.

Last edited by iidavid123ii; 04-10-2015 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

I have the removable silencer out. I will buy a cat and remove the test pipe.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

Orrr just sell the junk and buy a drift spec like i shoulda
Old 04-10-2015, 02:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

If you dont mind loud and deep just change out the test pipe and see if you can stand it, if you still cant then try out something like magna flow oval muffler welded to that ebay piping? Although if the piping is anything bigger than 2.25 for a d15b7 its prob too big, at that point i prob would sell the exhaust but if not just mod and rock it.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

If you think you can sell teh ebay exhaust for at least $80, Id second the yonaka catback suggestion

Ive heard them in person on a very mild all motor d16 nonvtec revving to 8k and it sounded good. Could have used a bit longer resonator in my opinion though

EDIT me personally, I would probably end up buying a muffler and a resonator and having it installed, instead of dealing with hassle of selling exhaust, then waiting on other system to show up.

Build what you have!

Old 04-10-2015, 11:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Perkul8r is learning the way of the DPerkul8r is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

The last ebay exhaust I bought was to replace a completely rusted out system on a 94 Ex Auto trans car. It was horrible. Loud and raspy due to the car being an auto trans also. I replace the muffler, changed out the resonator for a longer one, and added one where the test pipe was. It calmed down alot.

On my 95 I have now, I sadly spent way to much on exhaust and got a Skunk2 system. Fitment was spot on and doesn't get to raspy. It is loud though.
Perkul8r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2015, 03:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

If i can figure out how to load a sound/video clip i will. Its a sickening rasp. The exhaust isnt bad on being loud just at a certain rpm its a buzzing raspy gross sound. At first i thought it was a hanger rub so i pushed it away and revved again. Still raspy buzz
Old 04-11-2015, 05:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

a flexpipe will help remove buzz if you dont have one. engine vibrations will transfer the entire length of piping at some rpms

Build what you have!

Old 04-12-2015, 11:10 AM   #20 (permalink)

Test pipe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	545.7 KB
ID:	86034  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in