Fell in love with a Honda. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Everything Else » New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2015, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Fell in love with a Honda.

Hi!

Thanks for what seems to be a great forum, i have read a couple of threads to figure some things out so i thought i might aswell register

Im completely new to the Honda scene, bought an EK3 a week ago and i fell in love!

I would love for you guys to help me out with a couple of questions that i have about my car.

The first things i have noticed is that i have a D16Y8 Head on a D15Z6 bottom.

Whats the purpose of that swap?

Pros/cons to that setup?

How can i check if my ecu is worked on?

Thanks guys/girls!

jnsneu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2015, 09:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

The z6 was an econ motor over there, I assume you are in the euro market.

The y8 head adds to the pep through the curve while only loosing minimal economy. Not a big bump but you are ripe for a turbo setup, just make sure the bottom is still strong enough.

Does the ECU have a port on it any where but where the harness connects?

Most of all welcome, post some pics of the car and more info on where you are located,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2015, 09:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Welcome to the D-series.

I like the car so far, not too ricey in any way that I can see.

The purpose of swapping the Y8 head on was for a slight compression increase.

Got any pics of the whole car?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 09:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Yes euromarket! Located in Sweden.

Ive read that the Bottom of a D15Z6 is very stable and much more reliable than the D16 bottom, any truth to that?

Heres one pic of the exterior, gonna need some work to get it were i want to! Now its cleaned from stickers, lowerd some more, A/C removed and some new jdm fenders

Bought it for less than $800 so im very happy!

Last edited by jnsneu; 04-07-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Nice and clean, where in Sweden? I visited a few years back, stayed in Vaxjo, traveled through Kalmar, Costa etc.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Nice car.
Interesting wheels.

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2015, 09:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
Nice and clean, where in Sweden? I visited a few years back, stayed in Vaxjo, traveled through Kalmar, Costa etc.
Not that far from Växjö! A placed called Värnamo, if your visiting again let me know! =)
Old 04-07-2015, 09:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
Nice car.
Interesting wheels.
I noticed the wheels too lol. Need info on those

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 04-07-2015, 09:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

18x8 wheels? That's insane lol

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 04-07-2015, 09:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
Nice car.
Interesting wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
I noticed the wheels too lol. Need info on those
ATS Cup Wheels
Old 04-07-2015, 09:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
18x8 wheels? That's insane lol

15x7!
Old 04-07-2015, 09:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsneu View Post
Not that far from Växjö! A placed called Värnamo, if your visiting again let me know! =)
Went through your town on my way to the Husqvarna Museum. Love that place, lots of history, any way, back to the car.

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 04-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Went through your town on my way to the Husqvarna Museum. Love that place, lots of history, any way, back to the car.

Yes back to the car!

Like i asked above, Have read that the D15Z6 bottom is more stable and reliable than the D16. Any truth to that?
Old 04-07-2015, 09:41 AM   #14 (permalink)

You asked an opinion based and goal based question, here read this:

https://www.d-series.org/forums/force...d16-boost.html

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 04-07-2015, 09:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
You asked an opinion based and goal based question, here read this:

https://www.d-series.org/forums/force...d16-boost.html
Allright! Thanks for the help so far! Really appreciate alot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in