Newbie - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2015, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Newbie

Hello everyone. Thanks for the add. My name is Carlos Del Real. I'm from Plymouth, IN. I just acquired my first ever Honda Civic. It's a 97 ex with the d16y8. I'm new to these motors or any civic motors. I'm hoping to gain a lot of knowledge from this forum.

First question, Anybody know a place or somebody that would do some work on my engine in the Chicago area or Indianapolis area?
carlosdelreal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2015, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 98hatch will become famous soon enough98hatch will become famous soon enough98hatch will become famous soon enough

Welcome. What kind of work are you looking to get done?
I think you should drive it as it's first, that you you can get to know the car and the engine.
98hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2015, 07:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Welcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 12:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks. I wanted to get the engine rebuilt. I don't really have all the tools for that or the place.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Why a rebuild?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2015, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

I thought I posted but the reason for a rebuild is it blew a rod. Its already boosted so I wanted to get another block and build it. Nothing crazy but I need a shop or someone to do it because I don't really have all the tools or the knowledge to do it.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

whats the budget?

Whats the power goal?

What engine are you looking at?
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2015, 08:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 31 93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....
93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 82 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 93 red ls

welcome....

Total performance Racing is in Cincinnati Ohio rob built my motor and trans

513 942 7020

rob is great guy to deal with. just remember in this industry you get what you pay for

93 red ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

I figured I was gonna get asked that lol. Hence why I asked for a shop or someone that could do it.
I want it to be a daily driver and have some fun in it once in a while. But it has a d16y8 right now. I figured getting another y8 and building it would be better so it'll be a direct swap.
I talked to a guy close by and said a stock d15b would be a direct swap and I could still use the turbo set up I have and run it with about 7-10 pounds of boost without problems. He said the motor will be about $900 from Japan with less than or equal to 45k miles. Plus the labor, so it'll be around $1700 to get it running again.
Now I'm debating in doing that or getting another y8 and building that. If it comes out to be about the same price, I'll get the the y8. I found a guy selling wiseco 75.5mm pistons and eagle rods and z6 crank. Basically the block with all that inside for $660. BUT he said after while trying to tune it, cylinder 4 lost compression. So he doesn't know if it just needs rings or rings and a new block bored out.

So I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I'm still looking around.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 red ls View Post
welcome....

Total performance Racing is in Cincinnati Ohio rob built my motor and trans

513 942 7020

rob is great guy to deal with. just remember in this industry you get what you pay for
Thanks for that. I'll give them a call. They might be worth the drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in