Blown rear skunk 2 pro coilover - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2015, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Blown rear skunk 2 pro coilover

One of my rear coilover shock is blown . Would the Tokico blue shock be a good replacement? Or what would go well with the skunk 2? Thanks
Emer925 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2015, 10:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

No. Tokico shocks are stock replacement, not good for lowering. Wanna upgrade go koni yellow.
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

19si91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2015, 11:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Koni Oranges are also a good upgrade path.

Id put more faith into Koni over Junk2 anyways. Better quality control for one thing..

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 05:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Ok thanks ima go with koni yellows .
Old 03-15-2015, 05:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emer925 View Post
One of my rear coilover shock is blown .
the same reason i left skunk2 alone was i was blowing RR shocks like it was in style
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2015, 07:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19si91 View Post
No. Tokico shocks are stock replacement, not good for lowering. Wanna upgrade go koni yellow.
Tokico shocks are to good for lowering, they also the only lower shock that I know of with a lifetime warranty.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2015, 09:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano

Seriously? Koni yellows have lifetime warranty and are in a whole different league. Sorry but tokicos are a stock replacement shock.

Old 03-15-2015, 12:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!

I had Tokico HP's like 10 years ago and they were great, I have full bodied coilovers now. I thought Koni wont warranty anything used for what they are sold for?

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
Old 03-15-2015, 01:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Ima use these than with my skunk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1426454835188.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	83874  
Old 03-15-2015, 01:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Anyone know if these are buddy club coilovers?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_1426454985241.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	83882  
Old 03-15-2015, 02:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

they say buddy club on them......are you seriously in doubt? if you are, then order new from a dealer. don't make it harder than it has to be. I think you've already dodged a red dot once
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2015, 02:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
they say buddy club on them......are you seriously in doubt? if you are, then order new from a dealer. don't make it harder than it has to be. I think you've already dodged a red dot once
Some dude selling them on Craigslist
His gonna send me more pics later . He is selling them for only 300$
Old 03-15-2015, 08:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Koni will warranty shocks that were lowered on. They warrantied my old yellows on h&r sports.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

Those are Buddy Club's but those are for 88/ITR trailing arms

Quote:
Old 03-15-2015, 08:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Koni will warranty shocks that were lowered on. They warrantied my old yellows on h&r sports.
I'm sure its one of those "Didn't ask, so don't tell" things but the Yellows are supper popular for auto-x yet if you use them you are voiding the warranty according to Koni

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	warranty.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	83898  

Quote:
Old 03-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Seriously? Koni yellows have lifetime warranty and are in a whole different league. Sorry but tokicos are a stock replacement shock.
Illuminas aren't. I'm not endorsing them, but they're adjustable just like the koni's although they're not rebuildable as far as I know.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2015, 10:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

You're right, but I was referring to the shocks in the op which were the "blues" and everyone loves to recommend them and gc yet they are stock replacement shocks.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Koni yellow's, 25% off, search it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2015, 01:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Careful there, KONI has rules.

PS: Lee Grimes (CRX Lee) @ KONI-NA is a customer of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2015, 12:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaDNA View Post
Those are Buddy Club's but those are for 88/ITR trailing arms
Ok thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in