Engine bay dress up kits - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2015, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Engine bay dress up kits

Hi, I've started working on my engine bay recently and added Password:JDM stuff such as fender washers, rad stay bracket, battery tie down, resprayed rocker cover and reservoir socks, all bits are red. I've still got some stuff left to do such as wind screen washer hose replacement, I was wondering if anyone knows what size hose I need? Also the same for coolant reservoir hose and the ground wire which connects to rocker cover, how can I add colour to it?
h4mza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2015, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

DONT>>

post a pic of your bay.
You dont want to go over board it will look ricey.

and on the ground wires i believe they are all 8gauge wires. If you replace them you upgrade them to 6ga. and clean all the grounding/mounting points.
Adding color to them is as easy as buying colored insulated speaker wire.

rad hose will be car match. If they arent then dont buy them. (hell ebay even sells kits for this)

overflow hose. Just take it to autozone and get them to match it and see what size it is.

BUT AS SAID. post a pic as doing to much will look ricey.

but "To each there own".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2015, 04:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
LTB
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 LTB is learning the way of the DLTB is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

U should do black so it doesn't stick out too much.

FVSCC.COM

CWSCC.COM

BEYONDREDLINE.COM
---------------------------------------
LTB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 07:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 satansbrother is learning the way of the Dsatansbrother is learning the way of the D

Did i go overboard?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	2698
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	83081  
satansbrother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2015, 04:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansbrother View Post
Did i go overboard?
Yes.

I would have stop at main rad hose, intake, and valve cover.
That's just a bit to much.

The slash of color is suppose to be a highlight.
You wouldn't hight let a whole page in a book would you?

. RIP

Old 03-05-2015, 04:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Looks Good
1. Fender Bolt Kit
2. Bumper Bolt Kit
3. Tucked Harness w/ mesh covering
4. Battery Relocated
5. Degreased and Cleaned Bay
6. Brake Line Tuck
7. ABS Delete (looks good, but not safe)

Looks Bad
1. Wire Loom
2. Spray Painted Anything
3. Wire Loom
4. Fake Braided Lines
5. Wire Loom
6. Stickers
7. Wire Loom
8. Multiple Colors
9. Wire Loom
10. and Wire Loom
Old 03-05-2015, 04:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 24 79hilux90crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !79hilux90crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
79hilux90crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !79hilux90crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !79hilux90crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !79hilux90crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !79hilux90crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !79hilux90crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !79hilux90crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !79hilux90crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !79hilux90crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !79hilux90crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !79hilux90crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !79hilux90crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !79hilux90crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

^ What he said!
98 Jeep Cherokee 4" Lift Cut Fenders 33x12.50 Daily/Offroad Toy
14 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0 Turbo (Wifes Ride)
92 Mustang 2.3 5 Speed 325K on the clock and counting
07 V-Star 650 Classic Space Consumer in the shop

RIP PAT
79hilux90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2015, 05:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

like a time machine back to 2004 up in this thread
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2015, 06:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Yeah just clean the oem stuff or replace but there is nothing wrong with functional looking parts
Old 03-05-2015, 06:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Adding a turbo to your dress up items will score more visual points then all that colored crap!

All the $$ you paid for these "dress up" items couldve been used for more productive build.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2015, 11:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Here's a pic of my engine bay which I took a week ago, only thing missing is reservoir socks as I put them recently but forgot to take pic.

What's done is:
Normal red rocker cover and strut bar (Not wrinkle red but love to)
PW:JDM red rad stay bracket
PW:JDM red fender washers
PW:JDM VTEC solenoid cap
Standard battery brace in normal red. Do have PW:JDM but don't fit as battery has water caps. Any other suggestions?
Whale penis intake
4-2-1 manifold

What I've got to do:
Chrome Mugen oil cap
Heat wrap manifold in black

What I want to do in the future:
Red spark plug leads
Air con delete
Slim rad cooling fan
Replace all rusty bolts with PW:JDM red fender washers
Red power steering fluid cap lol
Red ground wire
Red rad hose
Red windscreen washer jet hose
Probably wire tuck, mainly the one close to air filter and power steering bottle. Possible others if not difficult job. Would like to keep power steering and ABS though.

Am I not asking for too much red lol
Old 03-06-2015, 12:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

that's not too bad, I was thinking more like this

which is like classic early aughts rice
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2015, 12:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!

I cant believ people actually pay for pwjdm stuff. Its expencive i would sooner do real mods. All that you spent on look could have got you a chipped p28, wideband o2 and a used cam. Even chea jumper harness to convert to obd1.

Im going to stay out of this thread, colors are gay, they dont add anything. Well people that have no sweet clue about cars thinks it looks flashy but people that know anything at all can see past it and realize you wasted money making your car look more flashy, not better in anyway. No incress in preformance, but money spent, its a thing called form over function. . Myself im a function over form guy.
I dont give a fuck how it looks, shes all about how it works. Rusty old peice of shit spinning thrid is funner then a clean looking 17 second civic imho

Last edited by Evanguy; 03-06-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Evanguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2015, 02:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

They are replica stuff, it didn't cost me alot. Probably about 10-15.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4mza View Post
Here's a pic of my engine bay which I took a week ago, only thing missing is reservoir socks as I put them recently but forgot to take pic.

What's done is:
Normal red rocker cover and strut bar (Not wrinkle red but love to)
PW:JDM red rad stay bracket
PW:JDM red fender washers
PW:JDM VTEC solenoid cap
Standard battery brace in normal red. Do have PW:JDM but don't fit as battery has water caps. Any other suggestions?
Whale penis intake
4-2-1 manifold

What I've got to do:
Chrome Mugen oil cap
Heat wrap manifold in black

What I want to do in the future:
Red spark plug leads
Air con delete
Slim rad cooling fan
Replace all rusty bolts with PW:JDM red fender washers
Red power steering fluid cap lol
Red ground wire
Red rad hose
Red windscreen washer jet hose
Probably wire tuck, mainly the one close to air filter and power steering bottle. Possible others if not difficult job. Would like to keep power steering and ABS though.

Am I not asking for too much red lol
Id stop right there. Its boardlanding to much.

. RIP

Old 03-07-2015, 09:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

The way it sits now i would target cleaning up all the wiring. Just looks like a birds nest tuck whatever you can relocate the battery. If your gonna put all that red in the the bay in my opinion its just too much but To each there own its your car.

GO STEELERS!
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2015, 10:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 559civic_dx is hot as a volcano559civic_dx is hot as a volcano
559civic_dx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

Do what makes you happy I like the way it currently looks. Do go over board on red keep some things black

Check this place out as well

http://downstarinc.com/Shop/

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

my 1996 hatch build in progress

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
[B]R.I.P. CALI NOOB
559civic_dx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2015, 01:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0303.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	352.2 KB
ID:	83473
welcome to my life, My last rex had nearly a grand in bolts
10 stainless arp bolts for lost motion assembly 60ish (yea under the valve cover unseen to anyone but me) and thats just with in arms reach ATM

Chassis :: ARP Replacement Hardware :: IPG Parts

A crack habit would be a cheaper hobby to get into
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2015, 01:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanguy View Post
I cant believ people actually pay for pwjdm stuff. Its expencive i would sooner do real mods.
even these?

Password:JDM Ultimate Suspension Package 92-95 Civic / 90-01 Integra | Password JDM

its only the best option available on the market as of typing this
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2015, 06:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

I ment things like the rad stay bracket and vtec cover and wale penis and fender bolts.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in