TuNed For ToguE - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2015, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default TuNed For ToguE

So not sure if i should have posted this in the suspension area.

I'm just looking for input my goal its to build something that can handle both up hill and down hill runs. I most enjoy a lot of back roads and mountain driving so I'm just looking for a balance of power to handling but from what I've learned over the years is you can be fast in a straight line and slow in the corners I've out driving cars that should have blown my doors of just because I was able to get threw and S turn or out shift cough cough* ((odyssey vs mazda6, stock cobalt vs mustang, cobalt vs b16 del sol and turbo talon)) just to name a few I can think of.

So I'm starting with a totally stock 00' CX EK ((Manual trans)) has 115k on the motor. I plan would like to be around 200ish horse not shooting for the moon on power but I strongly believe in balance of power to handling. What Im looking for is suspension opinions combos or set ups. Any ideas of what area i should focus on?

79 z28 4 spd - to help destroy it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ho0nage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2015, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0nage View Post
I plan would like to be around 200ish horse not shooting for the moon on power but I strongly believe in balance of power to handling. Any ideas of what area i should focus on?
200 hp on a D reliably is past the moon (somewhere in the Uranus area). it can be done (just gets rebuilt every week). areas that you should focus on is the search button area on this site
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

you need a turbo to do that.

also don't randomly capitalize letters, it makes you look stupid.
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 WrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatness

Get off the streets and go to an autocross if you want to beat up on more capable cars.
WrongWheelDrive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

First thing you should do it replace your transmission.

Im hoping youre being sarcastic when you say touge, but its hard to tell based on your post.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 02:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Iggy #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 02:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
you need a turbo to do that.

also don't randomly capitalize letters, it makes you look stupid.
Yeah I was on the fence about doing the title that way. I had done the whole post like that I'd make myself take the short bus around town . I may have had a miss understanding when it comes to making power . i know that n/a motors are extremely hard to hit the 180-200 mark as for A turbo motor I thought that 300+ range be the High end .

Old 02-13-2015, 02:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWheelDrive View Post
Get off the streets and go to an autocross if you want to beat up on more capable cars.
Im more or less looking to enjoy some spirited driving That's why I'm not all about shaving seconds off a lap time im building this car to enjoy for me.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
First thing you should do it replace your transmission.

Im hoping youre being sarcastic when you say touge, but its hard to tell based on your post.
Sorry I may had made a typo I'm dyslexic like bad so writing is a struggle for me . I more or less used that term so I could describe the environment I would be driving in I live in the northeast so lots of winding roads and steep hills. I know a ex Trans would be better due to the shorter gears. I'm just trying to see what you guys think would work well to build up the suspension and or what sway bars would be ideal for a set up like that.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 WrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatness

OP states you are "outdriving" cars on these roads. That implies racing and not spirited driving. I'm all for building a car you can enjoy, just enjoy it at the appropriate outlets. If you want to do "touge" build it for hill climb.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

First, start at where the car touches the ground. Second, research.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 StuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the community

front away, rear sub frame brace, sway bar, good bushings, wider tires, turbo, tune. This is coming from a noob.
StuckInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

There's only one thing worth looking into first with any kind of "spirited driving", and that's bushings.

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 03:53 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

Predictability would be crucial for me if I built a car for spirited back road drives. So; bushings, stiffer springs and sways with a slight bias toward the front, good brakes and better tires.

That said, at that point your cars limits will likely be well beyond your own. I know my cars limits are way too high for public roads, it's not worth the risk. Slow cars fast can be fun, fast cars at the limit get hairy.

WWD is right,take it to an autocross pad, its a no pressure environment and courses are different every event so you'll get a good mix of different turns and learn how to find your cars limits, as well as the car's.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 04:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWheelDrive View Post
OP states you are "outdriving" cars on these roads. That implies racing and not spirited driving. I'm all for building a car you can enjoy, just enjoy it at the appropriate outlets. If you want to do "touge" build it for hill climb.
yeah when I was younger I was all about going fast and being dumb.Now I'm more into just going out for a drive and enjoying, yeah getting on it here and there once in a while is fun. In no means am I out to "race" anyone.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fodo View Post
There's only one thing worth looking into first with any kind of "spirited driving", and that's bushings.
thank you Fodo. I've also read about adding a rear sway bar just don't know a whole lot about the picking the right one out.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotic_crx View Post
Predictability would be crucial for me if I built a car for spirited back road drives. So; bushings, stiffer springs and sways with a slight bias toward the front, good brakes and better tires.

That said, at that point your cars limits will likely be well beyond your own. I know my cars limits are way too high for public roads, it's not worth the risk. Slow cars fast can be fun, fast cars at the limit get hairy.

WWD is right,take it to an autocross pad, its a no pressure environment and courses are different every event so you'll get a good mix of different turns and learn how to find your cars limits, as well as the car's.
Thanks, yeah I'm just trying to stay away from bigger brakes but maybe a good pad and rotor combo will do. I'll for sure look into bushings as a starting point. Also there is a track with a road course that's similar to (maple Valley off Forza) opening up soon in my area and I have a friend that goes to Autocross events.So ill be sure to check some out this summer.

when the season come around ill see if there is anything out my way. there is a track that supposed to be opening up sometime soon and isnt a circle track .

Old 02-13-2015, 04:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

You need a really big wing on the back
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 04:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
You need a really big wing on the back

A huge one that's made of fiberglass and I'll need a hood scoop too for all that horse power that sweet wing adds.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

But really, the wing is important. Wish I could make mine larger.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in