New to D-Series - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2015, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default New to D-Series

Hey everyone My names Stephen and im very new to this site, never commited to one but now that im starting a project i thought it wold be a good time to get commited. Im in the process of turboing my d16z6 engine, the engine is built i have a stage 3 clutch with flywheel a good radiator and fan, a blow off valve, a z6 tranny a fuel pump, map sensor, obd2 to obd1 wire harness and maybe a couple other parts cant remember at the moment.

My knowledge on cars isnt the greatest, but im learning as i go and absolutly love it. when it comes to engine i really have a small amount of knowlege where everything is and how it works, i watched a video the other day just on how to take a tranny out of a civic and cant believe how much you have to do just to take it out, blew my mind a little bit.

just looking to see if i can get some insight on what i should do for some parts, my budget is open but nothing crazy not looking for a 2000$ turbo kit but under 1000 would suit my budget...

what i need for parts currently is...

if i can one a p28 with hondata already on it
aem wideband
450cc injectors
oil pressure gauge
boost controller
full bushing kit
and a full turbo kit...

if i could get some insight on weather to get these parts all new or all used and where a good place to for these parts...

also if im picking these items up used what to look for on the parts to make sure im not getting scammed...

if anyone is selling anything let me know my emails [email protected]
shoot me an email if you have anything for sale im deff gonna take a look at cheaper options.

Thanks guys i appreciate the help and cant wait to show you guys my build
stevieherron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2015, 06:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 UnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Welcome to D Series family. .main thing is decide what your goal for the car is..that will definitely help you stay within your budget..buy good quality parts new or used..Google or this forum will be your best friend when deciding on parts..plenty of builds here to help you..good luck
Old 02-12-2015, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Im looking to get about 200-250hp, this will be my daily driver dont need anything to crazy but if some fool rolls up next to me gotta put his car to the test!
stevieherron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 satansbrother is learning the way of the Dsatansbrother is learning the way of the D

Just don't try to go crazy with a DD, if you plan on doing an "engine build" i would recommend sourcing another complete long block that way you can still drive the car while building an engine. 250 is a good reliable number as long as you dont throw junk parts on it, the tune will be the #1 factor on the engine lasting. I would start by just lurking around and doing as much research on here and google as possible. I searched for about 6 months before i finally purchased my turbo kit just to make sure i knew what i needed etc. If you want to not waste money, do your research on the parts before you buy them, dont just buy a bunch of pars if you aren't 100% sure. Last of all, keep watching you tube videos, just search "how to's" and from where you are you will learn alot. and welcome
satansbrother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 01:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series.org Sponsor

Stephen, hello and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here. Great list of the planned mods, I'm sure it will make your D even better! There are so many owners on this site that if you ever need help or advise on anything, someone will have the answers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Honda Civic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
carid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 05:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

First off Welcome. Second, even with those mods, my mini van will still keep up with you, so focus on making it reliable, so at least you wont break it racing a diesel truck. Ask me how I learned this lesson, better yet don't it was too embarrassing getting laughed at by the uhaul driver.......poorly timed, new to working on cars, I was so dumb.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in