I can't find my parts - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2015, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default I can't find my parts

I'm a total noob at buying stuff online, my car is 95% O'Reillys and I'm not proud of that. Anyway I need a d16 crankshaft with .944 neck, connecting rods, and if you would please point me to an oil pump, crank pulley, and crank timing gear (I haven't looked for them yet). I've been looking around like majestic honda but I'm finding it hard to find parts as I don't actually have a car to enter in just an engine. It would be a big help if somebody pointed me somewhere!

Last edited by Hoffdaddy; 01-23-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Hoffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2015, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

What engine?
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2015, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead98 View Post
What engine?
Well any d16 basically, for example, I think the d16y7 has all the parts I need. It's a custom engine d17 block and head, d16 crank and rods, and pms pistons (found the pistons).
Now I also need to change the oil pump, crank pulley, and crank timing pulley to one that fits the d16 crank.

Last edited by Hoffdaddy; 01-23-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

welp, theres a search feature to see what people have built using those same parts, theres also sites like craigslist and facebook who have people selling the parts youre looking for. other than that, I have zero idea what youre asking
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2015, 10:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

D16 come in 96-00 civics, look on majestic using a 96-00 ex,hx,lx,dx and cx

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2015, 11:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...artsSearch.jsp

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2015, 03:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Dude just use d16 pistons. Way more options and you dont have to spend 100 on decking the block 125 thou. This whole thing is not a good idea. You wont learn anything other then listen to people that know more then you. This kotor will neber be together and if it is your going to get ill bet 95whp after you pay for a tune. Ohh you cant tune your ecu so now you need kpro. This will be well over 1000$ motor.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Whoa chill man. I've taken everything you told me into consideration. What pistons do you want me to use? Ones with a 30mm comp height? You didn't say anything earlier about pms pistons, I chose them for their dome and not the dish like the d17 pistons I was originally going to stick with. What should I get, d16a1 pistons? I looked for those too and I got mad when I have to look at an entirely different place for integra parts.
What is so wrong about decking the block anyway unless I screw up the bottom end? When I first saw the opportunity to make this engine I saw it would be destroked like crazy, shorter crank, short comp height pistons, decked block. That all just means less travel in the cylinder. That intrigues me, I'd like to see it run, but yeah if it's a really bad idea I appreciate you having my back, but why is it bad?
I'm not worried about ecu right now, I'm excluding it from my budget. Also I'm doing everything, only reason I'd take it to the shop is to deck the block or head and a valve job.

Last edited by Hoffdaddy; 01-24-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

If you just use d16 pistons, your motor will be all oem the exact way honda would have done it. Honda builds good stuff?
If you deck the block your just butchering your block for no reason at all. D16 pistons are the same.bore and way better options for compression and you sav on decking the block. And your buying new d17 pistons. There is absolutly no eason at all not to, its alot more work for not a better out come. Your block will be shorts. Dude you want a tall block. Puston stability and other reasons. The timing is set up around 211 mm block. So you need an adjustabk cam gear jow. Also you need to check tue water pump as it may be closer then 3 mill from the surface.

If you but a used d16 any of them. You have 100% all your parts right there to do wuat you want. And its oike 100$ use the d17 head and d17 block. But d16 crank rods and pistons. It only makes sence and since honda paired them together. Its not me talking out my ass im just speaking for honda and engine builders alike.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

So basically you're talking about reliability? And are pms pistons from a 1.7l I don't even know what car they are out of? It would make sense with the longer crankshaft stroke they'd reduce the piston comp height, so it'd basically have as much travel as a d16. I understand piston stability I just didn't think of that.
Thing is even though I didn't want to spend much money I wanted to build an engine that would run a little different from a d16 or d17 and not just from head work. That's why I was willing to deck the block in the first place, I could honestly give a rats ass about my d17 parts lol, if the block or head gets screwed then I'll replace it with a d16 or d15 part. Do you really think that pistons with a shorter comp height will kill the engine? Didn't some d15s run with the same amount of travel? If I'm building something super unstable I'll listen and go all d16, but if it will be ok what do I have to lose?
Old 01-24-2015, 09:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

What kind of car do you have?

That may help people understand what you are trying to do.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

There is no car it's just an engine.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:26 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 crxbrad will become famous soon enoughcrxbrad will become famous soon enoughcrxbrad will become famous soon enough

Sometimes when it's REALLY cold I can't find my parts either.
I feel ya broski.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano

Not 100% sure what your actual goal or premise behind this build is.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2015, 06:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

You guys don't realize you are talking to a child in high school. He wants to waste $500. So let him.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2015, 07:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
You guys don't realize you are talking to a child in high school. He wants to waste $500. So let him.
Seriously man? That's just uncalled for.
Just to prove you differently, yes I am in high school, a senior, so I'm about to graduate. I've officially had experience in a shop for 2 years and I am one of the top ranked mechanics in my state by SkillsUSA. In September I'm attending Universal Technical Institute which is paid for by Mercedes-Benz, after UTI I will complete the Mercedes Advanced Elite course. The money I have to work on this engine is hard earned and plenty to take on a project such as this which I will use to further my knowledge. The questions I am asking are things I'm unsure of and I appreciate the input of other people who have experience with building honda engines.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffdaddy View Post
Whoa chill man. I've taken everything you told me into consideration. What pistons do you want me to use? Ones with a 30mm comp height? You didn't say anything earlier about pms pistons, I chose them for their dome and not the dish like the d17 pistons I was originally going to stick with. What should I get, d16a1 pistons? I looked for those too and I got mad when I have to look at an entirely different place for integra parts.
What is so wrong about decking the block anyway unless I screw up the bottom end? When I first saw the opportunity to make this engine I saw it would be destroked like crazy, shorter crank, short comp height pistons, decked block. That all just means less travel in the cylinder. That intrigues me, I'd like to see it run, but yeah if it's a really bad idea I appreciate you having my back, but why is it bad?
I'm not worried about ecu right now, I'm excluding it from my budget. Also I'm doing everything, only reason I'd take it to the shop is to deck the block or head and a valve job.
Lol WTF?

The tiny font...

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2015, 07:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fodo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffdaddy View Post
Lol WTF?

The tiny font...
What...
Old 01-24-2015, 07:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

so... why exactly are you trying to waste any time at all on the garbage d17? literally the worst D series head
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2015, 08:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
so... why exactly are you trying to waste any time at all on the garbage d17? literally the worst D series head
I know I know, but I have one. Since it's not really good it's perfect for me to practice port and polishing and for the block it's not much different from a d16, but just because of its name I'm not afraid to deck it or do anything I want with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cant find man parts?, fuck.this.im.out, i <3 mitsu!, pissingmeoff, poopedmapants, these tags tho

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in