Installed a apexi vafc 2 and now check engine light on - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2015, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Post Installed a apexi vafc 2 and now check engine light on

So i purchased a vafc 2 for $50 and decided to install it yesterday...now i soldered every wire to its corresponding place...and i did the initial set-up and all that good stuff...now once i cranked the eh2...the check engine light is on...and it has stayed on since...i have not reset the ECU...but was wondering if anyone had an idea of what other issues could cause this to happen...before i installed it i had no codes and car was ok...after it cut on and never went off...i took it to the street and runs perfect but still have engine light on...any help would be apreciated...thanks in advance
eh2guanaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2015, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

What is the code for?

Double check the connections and make sure you hooked everything up right. And really double check everything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2015, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Honestly, i havent checked the code its reading...ill do it once i get off today...and there was one wire...which i think (not sure until i go see again)...i had cut a wire off coming from the body(engine) and plugged the wire(ECU side/plug) to the vafc 2 wire...which in the diagram it comes with it showed to connect it directly to the vafc 2 and snipped off of the engine side harness...so its just there with no connection to the ECU...hope it makes sense lol...appreciate your help bro!

Old 01-20-2015, 12:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

start buy pulling the code and seeing what you messed up lol.

Its probablya in/out wire you got backwards. So im going to say the map sensor or you did slice a wire right and ended up cutting it

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

If it is the green or blue wire for TDC you will get the check engine light even if you are running standard vtec engines, unlike what the instructions say. This link backs that up.

VAFC II Full Installation Info - Honda Civic Forum

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2015, 01:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

So its the VTM wire i cut completely off left it hanging from the engine side and pluged it from the ECU side directly to the vafc...should i have just solder it together with the engine and ecu side like the others? ...and i think i saw what i did wrong...ill just double check everything once i get home...that link helped out...i appreciate all you guys help...will post if i made it cut off
Old 01-21-2015, 04:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

So i guess the ECU had to reset itself...after about 48-50 miles the C.E.L. turned off...i appreciate all you guys help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in