New Member; First Honda - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 07:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default New Member; First Honda

I just picked up my first Honda ever late last week. I currently own a Chevy Sonic as well. The Civic's main job is to replace the Sonic so I can get rid of a monthly car payment. I'm looking to buy my first house soon so I needed to cut back on bills.

With that said I wanted something inexpensive, reliable and something I could tinker with. That had me on the search for Hondas.

I ended up finding this 1 owner 2000 4dr Civic LX on craigslist last Thursday. Went to check it out and it was just as nice as I hoped. So I ended up purchasing it.

Here are some photos:

I love it so far. Needs a bit of maintenance but thats expected. It's virtually rust free, 125k miles and came with a book of maintenance records. Literally everything the car has ever had done.

Here are a few photos of my Sonic:

Went [email protected] in the Sonic.

Here is an even older pic of a Focus I owned:

And one final picture of my old Rabbit:

I'm looking forward to being a part of this new (to me) community.

Thanks for reading,

-Fox
FoxBox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2015, 08:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Welcome, the LX looks like a great base.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 08:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Pretty clean and low miles.. Im guessing you paid somewhere around 2800-3100?

Welcome. Theres plenty of info around here to do just about anything.

Even tho your not new to modding, heres a good read for ya.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...car-101-a.html
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 08:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Looks like a nice saloon. I like the old rabbit too.

Good look on the house buying, I don't regret buying my home.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 08:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I love the four door, was the perfect base for me.

The couple I bought it from were asking $2800, I knocked them down to $2300.

Just purchased a timing belt kit (DAYCO) and some energy suspension shifter bushings.

I can't wait to sell my Sonic so I can start driving this thing.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

I love the rabbit man. Its a sweet car. Also you have clean taste, just the type of people we like on this site lol
Old 01-14-2015, 08:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

When you get to tune up, Use OEM cap and rotor, wires (or NGK)

Civics ignitions are picky with aftermarket parts.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 08:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

No bosh on pre 03 hondas either. Oem ignition stuff is better then all aftermarket stuff (within similer price) msd ignition is for fan boys. Just letting you know hahah
Old 01-14-2015, 08:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Nice line up.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 08:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

lol at slicks on the sonic, that's ridiculous
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 09:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks for all the advice guys. A tune up will definitely get done soon here. I appreciate the tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
lol at slicks on the sonic, that's ridiculous
Someone prolly said the same thing about a Civic way back when, right? Lol.

The Sonic made decent power. 170hp/230tq on a Mustang dyno. It would beat the stock little plastic tires right off the damn car, lol.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

welcome to dso
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 11:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Welcome to the forum, great looking ride. keep us posted on future upgrades.
zDirtyDz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 11:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....

PlastiDip is a Mod!
Old 01-14-2015, 11:45 AM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Here here!

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Added a few things to the car since my first post. Installed a ebay header because my stock one was severely cracked. Paired that up with a Yonaka cat-back. Tossed in some Yonaka motor mounts.

Lowered it a bit with Koni STR.T's and Tein springs. Put a HPS intake on it too because I like wasting money.

Civic (after lowering) by Mikel Novack, on Flickr

Civic (after lowering) 3 by Mikel Novack, on Flickr

Civic (after lowering) 2 by Mikel Novack, on Flickr

Last weekend I made a big purchase for the car. Hoping to have it in by years end at the absolute latest.

Untitled by Mikel Novack, on Flickr
Old 04-01-2015, 12:46 PM   #17 (permalink)

Looks good so far, got pics of the new installed parts?

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 04-01-2015, 12:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

The photos I posted are of it lowered and with the exhaust.

Here's one of the shitty intake and header.

Untitled by Mikel Novack, on Flickr
Old 04-01-2015, 01:10 PM   #19 (permalink)

Was gunna say do an intake mani swap, but with the new motor, you should put all funds towards making that your new heart.

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 04-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Love how easy and relatively cheap the K-swaps are getting...
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in