Noobs Quest for booost - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2015, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 BiGrEd1011 is learning the way of the DBiGrEd1011 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Post Noobs Quest for booost

Hello! I am new to the forum. Just picked up a 97 ex coupe. I come from a background in BMW and Nissan so this is my first civic ill be building. I know these threads get boring and stuff so I will try to get to the point. Below is a list of parts I have been researching and if you have any suggestions let me know!

t/3 t/4 ramhorn manifold turbo kit ($850-ebay)
walbro 255 fuel pump- $91
500cc injectors- $125
guages to include AEM Eugo- $300
OBD2 --> OBD1 harness adapter- $30
Hondata S300 V3 / P28 ECU Package- $664
competition stage 2 clutch-$325
exhaust- $300
Central Florida Dyno tune- $495

Goodie list (future mods)
-bisimoto 2.4 cam
-edelbrock performer X manifold
-tial 38mm wastegate
-HKS SSQV BOV
-Retune

I know I will get bashed for the ebay turbo kit.......but i have known people personally that have had them for YEARS without a problem. I will be replacing the turbo when I build the motor any ways and raise the boost. Thanks for your time!
BiGrEd1011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2015, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Your trying to go fast for cheap... Just save your money and do it rght the 1st time. Seriously. Ebay crap never lines up ad youll end up fixing shit daily.

ProSport guages and Innovate MTX-L would be my choice. Neptune and any OBD1 ecu would work. You dont need a P28.
Xenocron.com will have alot of what you need. Chris will hook you right up.

You forgot motor mounts. Youll need those. Suspension will also be needed to be addressed.
Going fast isnt cheap. If you played with other makes, then you should now that Fast, Reliable, Cheap < pick 2 and the 3rd is what its not.

So you just bought a 97 coupe. Before you have boost dreams, read this

https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...car-101-a.html
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Esotericimage; 01-09-2015 at 10:07 PM.
Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!

If your going cheap I would advise against a cheap stainless/chrome plated ramhorn manifold, they tend to crack.

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 05:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

mmmmmmm tasty knowledge.

Tires and brakes? You go faster and now you need to stop sooner and think further away. First thing that touches the ground isn't the turbo kit, or pretty steering wheels.

For your goal your whole car will need to be addressed in some way, top to bottom bottom to top you got em.

But if you are set on your ways, don't ask for opinions, just build it and show us how awesome it pulls, turns, stops, and breaks necks and we will just give props where they are deserved.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015, 05:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 BiGrEd1011 is learning the way of the DBiGrEd1011 is learning the way of the D

The car is currently lowered on BC coil overs and I want to put some nitto 555's on it. I have always used nitto's and liked them.

Currently yes I am trying to "go fast for cheap" but I will be doing everything right this next year. This is more of a way to fix my turbo thirsty wants lol. Like I said I want to build a spare block and do vitara's with eagle rods. I don't have the disposable income that i will have in about 4 months. I know plenty about buying suspension mods and what not. But seeing that all my other cars had huge tires, AWD, or already handled amazing I wasn't focused on it since my car already has coils and decent tires. Title says quest for boost......not quest for racecar. lol.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
Your trying to go fast for cheap... Just save your money and do it rght the 1st time. Seriously. Ebay crap never lines up ad youll end up fixing shit daily.

ProSport guages and Innovate MTX-L would be my choice. Neptune and any OBD1 ecu would work. You dont need a P28.
Xenocron.com will have alot of what you need. Chris will hook you right up.

You forgot motor mounts. Youll need those. Suspension will also be needed to be addressed.
Going fast isnt cheap. If you played with other makes, then you should now that Fast, Reliable, Cheap < pick 2 and the 3rd is what its not.

So you just bought a 97 coupe. Before you have boost dreams, read this

https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...car-101-a.html

I have had hasport guages in the past and liked them. Seem to be good quality. Been debating on the Innovative LC-1 wideband or the AEM but AEM is $50 cheaper. Thank you for the thread link! It has alot of good info. I actaully did that with my 2011 mustang gt.....I knew exactly what I wanted and pieced it all together.

Last edited by BiGrEd1011; 01-10-2015 at 06:09 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGrEd1011 View Post
I wasn't focused on it since my car already has coils and decent tires. Title says quest for boost......not quest for racecar. lol.
This info wouldve helped in the 1st post.
I find it ironic that your spend the cash for more expensive gauges and a manifold, but wont spend the cash for a real turbo, BOV and WG.

Sounds like you know what your doing. Slap on your ebay kit and come back and tell us how its going..

Last edited by Esotericimage; 01-10-2015 at 06:16 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I said nothing about a race car, if you turbo a car and leave stock brakes and tires.....you are just waiting for the day.

I will give you a break as you are not an a#$%)e like some around here. It helps if you spell it out so we don't treat you like an eftard, and instead try and help, or get out of your way and offer pep talks and warm shoulders and such.

Post up pics and lets get to this already, enough casual conversation.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015, 06:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Piece you a kit together. You'll actually have a better kit for the same price if not cheaper.

The MTX-L wide and is probably one of the fastest and best choice for the money 160, or around 170 shipped depending on where you buy them at

But while I just noticed, you didn't list any goals for your car.

Daily? Weekend warrior? Strip? How much HP/TQ you shooting for?
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015, 06:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I'm always up for a good Quest especially one involving boost .

some great info ,

I have found that a slightly used oem turbo will out last an ebay unit most of the time.

do you want this to be "bolt on" or do you have cutting and welding devices to make things ?

Are you building a bottom end to go with 'raised' boost

Last edited by robgoof; 01-10-2015 at 07:09 AM.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015, 07:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
This info wouldve helped in the 1st post.
I find it ironic that your spend the cash for more expensive gauges and a manifold, but wont spend the cash for a real turbo, BOV and WG.

Sounds like you know what your doing. Slap on your ebay kit and come back and tell us how its going..
lol in my "future parts" I have tial WG and BOV listed probably will put in some over time this next week and pick them up so i don't procrastinate
Old 01-10-2015, 07:24 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
I said nothing about a race car, if you turbo a car and leave stock brakes and tires.....you are just waiting for the day.

I will give you a break as you are not an a#$%)e like some around here. It helps if you spell it out so we don't treat you like an eftard, and instead try and help, or get out of your way and offer pep talks and warm shoulders and such.

Post up pics and lets get to this already, enough casual conversation.
LOL. I dont see the point in arguing like some of the know it all forum warriors. I just ask for opinions and i expect to get flamed when I tell people im going with a base ebay turbo set up.......but Im not staying all ebay stuff. I plan on getting a Tial WG and BOV and upgrading the turbo later down the road. I wanna save up and get a GTX series. 3076 or something like that.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:26 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgoof View Post
I'm always up for a good Quest especially one involving boost .

some great info ,

I have found that a slightly used oem turbo will out last an ebay unit most of the time.

do you want this to be "bolt on" or do you have cutting and welding devices to make things ?

Are you building a bottom end to go with 'raised' boost
I want to get a GTX3076R turbo in the future but thats $$$$$

either way doesnt matter to me whatever is easier and more fun lol. I have gotten pissed at cutting stuff up. but its also fun

I want to do a vitara/eagle bottom end
Old 01-10-2015, 07:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
I want to get a GTX3076R turbo in the future but thats $$$$$

either way doesnt matter to me whatever is easier and more fun lol. I have gotten pissed at cutting stuff up. but its also fun

I want to do a vitara/eagle bottom end

Your title should have been because future racecar...

that turbo is pretty big! 58mm inducer

So.. do you get pissed more or less than 50% of the time when you cut things.because there is a limit .

why choose eagle rods?

Last edited by robgoof; 01-10-2015 at 07:36 AM.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015, 07:35 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drz6 View Post
Piece you a kit together. You'll actually have a better kit for the same price if not cheaper.

The MTX-L wide and is probably one of the fastest and best choice for the money 160, or around 170 shipped depending on where you buy them at

But while I just noticed, you didn't list any goals for your car.

Daily? Weekend warrior? Strip? How much HP/TQ you shooting for?
Thank you for your service. Just got out july 14 from the army myself. MEB baby!

Right now it will be a daily driver for me and im going to shoot for around 220whp until I build my motor then 325whp will be my goal.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:38 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgoof View Post
Your title should have been because future racecar...

that turbo is pretty big!

So.. do you get pissed more or less than 50% of the time when you cut things.because there is a limit .

why choose eagle rods?
LOL. It is a pretty decent turbo. either between a 3076R or GTX2863R probably will go 2863R because thats perfect for the HP goals. I don't want to be driving a 500whp civic personally lol. so a turbo that big is a little over kill, wheel spin will be bad enough as it is.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:45 AM   #17 (permalink)

Civic EG D Series D15 D16 T3 T3 T4 Turbo Kit Keep AC and Power Steering RAM Horn | eBay

This is the kit I want to get.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Ill start it off.

Trash the oil feed line. (I dont care just trash it)

Doesnt come with a downpipe so you will have to make your own.

The manifold does not look like it will clear ac. I mean the manifold itself might be good but it looks like it will point the turbo to far out and cause problems clearing ac. And i know the wastegate will not clear the ac lines and fan.

Check the wastegate and make sure it all works. Most of them work fine no problem and people have ran them on high boost builds. I have an emusa that i had to mod to get it to work.

The other stuff is decent.
The main thing with ebay turbos is to now much them to far and have a great oil setup. They are a faction of the cost because they use cheaper parts, dont have as high quality control and dont have a name branding.

Doing the same work twice is crap. plan out everything first and work towards it.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015, 10:25 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Ill start it off.

Trash the oil feed line. (I dont care just trash it)

Doesnt come with a downpipe so you will have to make your own.

The manifold does not look like it will clear ac. I mean the manifold itself might be good but it looks like it will point the turbo to far out and cause problems clearing ac. And i know the wastegate will not clear the ac lines and fan.

Check the wastegate and make sure it all works. Most of them work fine no problem and people have ran them on high boost builds. I have an emusa that i had to mod to get it to work.

The other stuff is decent.
The main thing with ebay turbos is to now much them to far and have a great oil setup. They are a faction of the cost because they use cheaper parts, dont have as high quality control and dont have a name branding.

Doing the same work twice is crap. plan out everything first and work towards it.
Well I originally wanted a Go-autoworks kit. But im trying to keep this all under $3000.....because im doing this with my tax refund and im also buying my wife a VW golf vr6 and moving into a new house lol
Old 01-10-2015, 10:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

If 325WHP is your goal, then that turbo is too big.

I just noticed your in Dirtona Beach too

EDIT: the turbo in that kit says its like a 50 trim and says 3" inlet.. But the housing looks like a .42AR used on a super60. Just like with all ebay kits, you dont know what will show up at your door.

Last edited by Esotericimage; 01-10-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in