Need help fast :( - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2015, 10:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Need help fast :(

I was driving down the highway when my motor lost compression then the check engine light came on. I slowed down nd my car started shaking violently nd the motor sounds like a fucking boxer motor. When i stoped at the stop light my car stalled nd wouldnt start back up untill i got home nd yet the stalling continued. Someone please help. Any information as to why it is doing this would be . greatly appreciated.

Last edited by awebb; 01-08-2015 at 07:18 PM.
jdmboy92eg6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 0 colelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to colelmt

Vacuum leak... cracked intake manifold..?

Was it oil starved? Did the oil light come on at all?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D16Z6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EJ255

colelmt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2015, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
DIY Guru

Rep Power: 13 BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!
BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!BogusSVO is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to BogusSVO

Ok... you just want to go thu the cost and hassle of swapping engines....

How about you check the one you have?

Check the timing belt? the marks line up like they should?

How is the compression?
BogusSVO nomination for newb of the year 2014, maybe lifetime honorary mention as well.
BogusSVO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 11:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 faildata will become famous soon enoughfaildata will become famous soon enoughfaildata will become famous soon enough

Sounds like his rotor retaining screw on the distributor shaft backed out. Take off the distributor cap without removing the plug wires and make sure the rotor is securely on there.
faildata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2015, 11:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogusSVO View Post
Ok... you just want to go thu the cost and hassle of swapping engines....

How about you check the one you have?

Check the timing belt? the marks line up like they should?

How is the compression?

what code is it throwing?

Try to figure out whats wrong with your current engine ,it might be repairable . ,some Patience and a sharp eye will be of use.

start with the suggestions ...
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2015, 12:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Blew a spark plug out of the head.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2015, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

My brother had a motor he got out the junkyard that was blowing spark plugs every time he drove it(three times) before getting a free swap from the yard. Never addressed the issue cuz we didn't have to. Sucks bro hope u get it all worked out. It had to of worked itself loose or was put in wrong/faulty. At least its not time for a new motor. Are the threads shot?

Last edited by ek9_beast; 01-08-2015 at 01:17 PM.
ek9_beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2015, 01:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmboy92eg6 View Post
I need a new motor (used) i was driving down the highway when my motor lost compression then the check engine light came on. I slowed down nd my car started shaking violently nd the motor sounds like a fucking boxer motor. When i stoped at the stop light my car stalled nd wouldnt start back up untill i got home nd yet the stalling continued. Someone please help. Any information as to why it is doing this would be . greatly appreciated. Also if anyone lives in or near sheboygan,Wi and has an extra d-series motor not being used please let me know asap.
I do not understand.

-Did you get home?
-Did the car get home with you?

I am not even sure if the car is running or not at this point lol.

Video?

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2015, 07:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Removed everything about buying/selling. Please keep that in the classifieds.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2015, 07:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

sounds like it blew the fuck up, better sell the whole car to me for dirty cheap
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015, 05:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
sounds like it blew the fuck up, better sell the whole car to me for dirty cheap
Hahaha this^
SELF MADE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015, 05:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Hell idk.
Not enough information. If you need help now call 911 and someone will be with you shortly.

You probably spun a rod

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015, 09:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

With all of the great information that you gave, I'm surprised not one person was correctly able to identify what went wrong.
1. troubleshoot the vehicle
2. give more information
Old 01-21-2015, 06:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

jdmboy92eg6, this is interesting. I have a 98 d16y8 that is doing the same thing right now. I have decided to rebuild the whole thing anyways. I would love to know if you figured this out.
mdkohnen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
blown d-series?, eg6, hatchback, honda, problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in