autocross turbo set up 200 -220 hp - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2015, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Rep Power: 0 paltialti is worse than Satan's assholepaltialti is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default autocross turbo set up 200 -220 hp

What type of set up is recommended for autocross/road course driving . I am only looking to get 200 to 220 hp I currently have a t25 dsm turbo on my del sol any recommendations from experience appreciated
paltialti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2015, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Either a greddy kit or the T25 you have.

HF manifold
T25 or 14b turbo.
440 dsm injectors & walbro 255.
front mount with associated piping and blow off valve
needed oil lines and what not

A tune, that is real, not a half ass basemap whipped together in 2 minutes.

Should get a stock d16 to around 200 wheel.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Rep Power: 0 paltialti is worse than Satan's assholepaltialti is worse than Satan's asshole

Thanks for the fast response and yes I agree with REAL tune

Old 01-07-2015, 12:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 11 uptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

HF/T25 is definitely a good responsive setup. my crx launches out of corners nicely. I see a steady 10psi by 3,000rpm till redline (7,500rpm).
uptownsamcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2015, 07:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Devil CRX is learning the way of the DDevil CRX is learning the way of the D

I 2nd the greddy kit. Spool time is quick and it feels natural and you'd get to 200hp easily.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Devil CRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2015, 08:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Snot Rocket by DILYSI Dave....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2015, 09:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....
Send a message via Skype™ to evo_lucian

Greddy kits are really difficult to come by nowadays. HF manifold plus adapter and something like a 13g off an auto DSM and the usual other stuff like small eBay intercooler, 450cc DSM injectors, chipped ecu, oil lines etc
evo_lucian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2015, 09:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 grayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead98 View Post
Either a greddy kit or the T25 you have.

HF manifold
T25 or 14b turbo.
440 dsm injectors & walbro 255.
front mount with associated piping and blow off valve
needed oil lines and what not

A tune, that is real, not a half ass basemap whipped together in 2 minutes.

Should get a stock d16 to around 200 wheel.
I've been able to do that on a Crx DX with a stock fuel pump.
grayzee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2015, 09:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Devil CRX is learning the way of the DDevil CRX is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo_lucian View Post
Greddy kits are really difficult to come by nowadays. HF manifold plus adapter and something like a 13g off an auto DSM and the usual other stuff like small eBay intercooler, 450cc DSM injectors, chipped ecu, oil lines etc
Yah I didn't consider that. I just sold my old one. So what you listed here would probably be his best bet.

Devil CRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2015, 10:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayzee View Post
I've been able to do that on a Crx DX with a stock fuel pump.
Stock CRX fuel pump only puts out ~90LPH (1500cc/min) @ 50psi. I'd recommend installing a higher flowing pump. If anything, just to replace a 20+ year old pump.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2015, 04:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowFlyin' View Post
Stock CRX fuel pump only puts out ~90LPH (1500cc/min) @ 50psi. I'd recommend installing a higher flowing pump. If anything, just to replace a 20+ year old pump.
A walbro 255 lph is to cheap to risk blowing a motor over

Last edited by evo_lucian; 01-08-2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

That dilysi car is exactly the type of set up I want engine wise . I currently have a stock block with arp, head studs and a dsm t25 , fuel injector clinic 550 cc fmic and 2.5 exhaust ..I'm looking to build a more permanent reliable motor very similar to dilysi motor that I can beat on a little .although my stock block had been good at 5 psi on crome pro
Old 01-08-2015, 03:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

First step in building a reliable Honda engine: Stop using Crome.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2015, 03:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

a T25, a nice cam, a header style manifold instead of the bullshit HF manifold/adapter, and good supporting stuff like a tune and solid fuel system are all you need to hit 200whp

You do not need a bigger turbo. You might like the 13b from the auto DSMs. but I think the T25 is plenty. Not enough to rip the tires loose all the time, but still peppy enough to get you through the gears

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2015, 04:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

As far as tuning goes I'm using crome for now but I'm buying a demon rtp board and I'm going to use that with crome pro I also have xd16 kit that I heard works with crome pro and demon rtp board
Old 01-08-2015, 05:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 car_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
a T25, a nice cam, a header style manifold instead of the bullshit HF manifold/adapter, and good supporting stuff like a tune and solid fuel system are all you need to hit 200whp

You do not need a bigger turbo. You might like the 13b from the auto DSMs. but I think the T25 is plenty. Not enough to rip the tires loose all the time, but still peppy enough to get you through the gears
The only thing about going to a tubular manifold is it increases spool time. Idk by how much but for auto x I would think you would want it to come in as soon as possible. To me auto x is all about mid range power with decent bottom grunt and top pull.
91 hatch; stock internal z6, y7 cam swap, 5431 12.6psi, - [email protected]
2009 Infinity G37; [email protected]

07 R6s; slip on, k&n, Powercomander 3, Factory pro velocity stacks, Factory Pro +4 iginition [email protected]
car_freak66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015, 05:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!

heat wrap, reflect-a-gold heat tape, turbo blanket, heat shields, air dams, good radiator, shroud and quality fan(aka not ebay) need to be on your list, and high up on the priority list. plan on spending a good chunk of change here

turbo and road racing are a bitter sweet combo. turbos pump out heat, one of the biggest issues with road racing is heat. have you maxed out the vehicles potential with the n/a sohc?

they can be a very good engine for both road racing and autoX...

also you know a turbo will bump you up into very hard classing. 200whp will get smashed and you wont be very class compedative in the class you get bumped into. just food for thought

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015, 07:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
First step in building a reliable Honda engine: Stop using Crome.
Newer versions of crome are riddled with bugs, most folks who use version 1.53 or 1.55 don't gave to deal with these
Old 01-09-2015, 08:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 WrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
heat wrap, reflect-a-gold heat tape, turbo blanket, heat shields, air dams, good radiator, shroud and quality fan(aka not ebay) need to be on your list, and high up on the priority list. plan on spending a good chunk of change here

turbo and road racing are a bitter sweet combo. turbos pump out heat, one of the biggest issues with road racing is heat. have you maxed out the vehicles potential with the n/a sohc?

they can be a very good engine for both road racing and autoX...

also you know a turbo will bump you up into very hard classing. 200whp will get smashed and you wont be very class compedative in the class you get bumped into. just food for thought
Snot rocket with it's T25 and ~200 HP didn't get "smashed" on the west course at nats... matched my best time(with a cone)

On reflecta-gold and other wraps... not really needed if proper shrouding and venting are done.
WrongWheelDrive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015, 09:21 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano

Why pay for a demon board and stick with crome pro. Fork out a little and grab up Neptune or Hondata, both are superior products to crome even at its greatest.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in