power steering and ac removal - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2014, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default power steering and ac removal

I want to remove my power steering and ac on my sohc zc.

will this make ANY noticeable difference? I figure it would be like underdrive pulleys basically, right?

second, would I need a new kind of belt or something or would everything work with stock parts. The car is not here and I haven't looked at it yet. Sorry for the noob question.

edit: last question - to bump up compression in my sohc zc without paying to get it taken to a machine shop... what should I do? my guy has the engine still out of the car... looking for simple ways to gain HP outside of intake, header, exhaust for a nice little daily.

Last edited by dcninja; 12-20-2014 at 03:12 PM.
dcninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

It wont make a big enough difference
Leave the power steering if its in working condition.
And you can only up the compression by getting a thinner head gasket or different pistons. Other then that your have to mil the head or get flat top valves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2014, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

what pistons would work in the sohc zc and will they work on stock rods orwould I have to buy those too? how much work is it to install new pistons?

Old 12-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I gained ~.2whp by removing the power steering belt. Also ac compressor only actually takes power when its on....so unless you press the button its not really pulling any noticeable power.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcninja View Post
what pistons would work in the sohc zc and will they work on stock rods orwould I have to buy those too? how much work is it to install new pistons?
been here since 2010.....the elusive search function must be very elusive
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2014, 07:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 iidavid123ii is learning the way of the Diidavid123ii is learning the way of the D

Removing your ac wont make a very noticeable difference in power since like gearhead98 said the ac compressor has a clutch. It is pretty heavy though everything including the evaporator core in the cab weighed like 50ish pounds if i remember correctly. Im sure PS prob weighs a bit too if you removed both and added a non PS crank pulley you'd prob notice a difference.
iidavid123ii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by iidavid123ii View Post
Removing your ac wont make a very noticeable difference in power since like gearhead98 said the ac compressor has a clutch. It is pretty heavy though everything including the evaporator core in the cab weighed like 50ish pounds if i remember correctly. Im sure PS prob weighs a bit too if you removed both and added a non PS crank pulley you'd prob notice a difference.
So much work for such little gain, what is this, a racecar
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 iidavid123ii is learning the way of the Diidavid123ii is learning the way of the D

Lol no i wish, just a beaten dd. Got a free lightweight battery in a trade the other day, then decided to see how much weight i could shed for free. Gutted ac, rear hatch interior, some stuff under the dash, spare/jack, radio/speakers, rear wipers/fluid reservoir, it was A LOT of weight. If your the kind of person that needs luxury this isnt for you, but i dont mind at all. That plus my d15beast7 build should really wake the car up
Old 12-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

well... to make a little power simple then...

does the skunk2 intake manifold work on auto trans? is there any difference? does it matter?
Old 12-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Dont get an aftermarket Intake manifold you wont notice any gains on a stock motor especially an auto, aftermarket manifolds and bigger TB's are overkill for your setup. Since you have an auto just get short ram intake, cat back exhaust(2.25 work great for na d series) and 4-2-1 header those will net you the most gains for your money.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

I've got ebay header and full exhaust sitting here, and a short ram. looking to do a little bit more but not sure what else to do. underdrives suck from what I hear because they kill your charging (and i've had them on a 4.6 v8 before, steeda brand, and did the same thing. Not sure if there's anything else I can do bolt on wise?
Old 12-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

^no

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2014, 07:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

so, um.....when did it matter to put intakes on an automatic trans? Im confused. my head hurts.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2014, 12:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Not much else you can really bolt onto an auto and make noticeable power with. Maybe lighter wheels or a manual conversion?
Old 12-22-2014, 04:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

slo-you are contributing nothing to the convo.stop trying to get a higher post count to grow your epeen and move along.

second...why wouldn't i be able to make gains with an auto trans, i realize it sucks, and it is a daily,not a racecar but some improvement is still improvement.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

The point is there are no gains, or very little. Unless you are willing to go further, like real power adders, then the IHE are nominal at best, and in your current state money is better spent elsewhere.

If you dont want to hear that, then do it anyway, and enjoy the difference in sound your car makes. I do on the daily, and never asked these guys if it was cool or how much it gains, because it does little of either.

As far as bolt ons - I would bolt a manual trans upto the motor and go from there.

Slo has a point though, if you cant see that then continue on your path of spending money where it gains nothing, and don't ask our opinions. It is your money, but you asked and we are answering.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2014, 09:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

CAI is about only thing that will help with POS slushbox...that and A6 cam in advanced position.

Damn slushbox and its different usable powerband, that I've covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2014, 09:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcninja View Post
slo-you are contributing nothing to the convo.stop trying to get a higher post count to grow your epeen and move along.

second...why wouldn't i be able to make gains with an auto trans, i realize it sucks, and it is a daily,not a racecar but some improvement is still improvement.
dcninja used Swiper-No-Swiping-esque complaint on Slo's post count!

The lag for the ecu to tell the auto rig to ring the gear out more would single handedly render any measly gain full of empty promises.

The gear ratios are also not in your favor... A 5 speed swap will net you the most gains compared to any other mod short of a mild build (or maybe even compared to a simple rebuild/refresh to regain back those lost horses).

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...

Last edited by Mr.Fodo; 12-22-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

the guy who said a6 cam told me a downgrade as the cam is slightly better in the zc lol

thanks for the info guys. i'll keep it intake header exhaust and just drive it
Old 12-22-2014, 11:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
CAI is about only thing that will help with POS slushbox...that and A6 cam in advanced position.

Damn slushbox and its different usable powerband, that I've covered.

But I guess you are making progress? Eh... But I don't fully understand your response either lol...

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in