n00b from FL �� - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 LowLifeCG  is accepted as part of the communityLowLifeCG  is accepted as part of the communityLowLifeCG  is accepted as part of the communityLowLifeCG  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default n00b from FL ��

Just joined, frequent reader. Please be patient as this is a DD and 1 of 2 projects I am slowly working on, I will add more pics and info as I upgrade. I hope it's worth the look, and please don't make negative comments if you don't like it (you don't have to, your car probably doesn't float my boat either...lol).

I have a 1990 Honda Civic STD (Canada Manuf.). It has an OBD1 D15B VTEC with a 93 Del Sol Si 5spd, Rywire Harness to a P28 Chipped w/ P08 base, F&F Type1, Function7 RLCA, OEM 19MM Front Sway, OEM 15MM Rear Sway (Prethreaded, thank you Canada!), wheels, exhaust, and intake are from eBay (flame on, Ha).

Things I've Changed/Replaced/Repaired/Trashed:

1991 Civic Sedan LX Cluster (Changed over factory Speedo/Odo)
Digital Clock
ED/EF/EE Si Throttle Cable
Rear Hatch Light
Removed rear carpeting from seats due to mold
Red Rear Center Garnish
Removed A/C Components (minus control panel, compressor wasn't connected when purchased)
Wrinkle Black Valve Cover with Brushed Letters (DIY)
Screwed on a VW Jetta Lip (Smaller Version)
2500K Hi Beams (NON HID)
4300K Lo Beams (HID)

Plans for the car:

Convert to 88-89 front bumper (Has 89 Rear)
Remove Side Moldings and Fill Holes
J's Style Wing (TNA 1-Piece)
Repaint OE Color
Thermal R&D CL Catback or Tanabe Medalion
4-1 Header
Headwork for Level 2 or 3 cam (And supporting valvetrain and cam) - Need advice and tech help for many questions.
Rebuild bottom end (Stock)
Tune
Rear Disc Conversion (Alread have 40/40 Prop, Rear arm froms 98 Integra LS)
Overall, wanting to build a fun little DD/Weekend Spirited Driver. Looking to get about 150+whp N/A. - Need advice and tech help for many questions.

Last edited by LowLifeCG; 11-16-2014 at 10:11 AM.
LowLifeCG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Nice car, let's see some more pics! And welcome to dso. My friend had a D15B in his 91 Si, was spunky little car

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

another tampa member, welcome.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

another florida member.. welcome
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 LowLifeCG  is accepted as part of the communityLowLifeCG  is accepted as part of the communityLowLifeCG  is accepted as part of the communityLowLifeCG  is accepted as part of the community

Day 1:

Came with D15B7 Block and Head, Everything else was OE:

Old Motor Out:

First Time Attempting a small wire tuck before the D15BV went in:

D15BV in still not 100% at this point:

LX Cluster and D15BV Wired Up:

Some wrinkle black prior to NGK wires:
Old 11-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

wonder how small our circle is lol. where abouts you live?
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Brandon/Riverview Area
Old 11-15-2014, 09:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Project #2 (NOT DSERIES so I'll keep it limited)
Old 11-15-2014, 09:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowLifeCG View Post
Brandon/Riverview Area
on the other side of town. gotcha. we have a few members out that way, wouldn't be surprised in the least if you didn't already know them.
biggiebert and mr.fodo.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
on the other side of town. gotcha. we have a few members out that way, wouldn't be surprised in the least if you didn't already know them.
biggiebert and mr.fodo.
I don't get out and socialize much anyore. I've been working late nights 6 days a week. I've probably seen cars around and would probably recognize those before names. lol
Old 11-15-2014, 10:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

Welcome. Looks like youre (one of the few) new but well versed in what youre doing. We like this.

"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2014, 05:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Welcome to dso
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2014, 08:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Jeezy View Post
Welcome. Looks like youre (one of the few) new but well versed in what youre doing. We like this.
I try, I'm basically trying to build a car to prove a power to weight ratio argument... And I'm honestly tired of the K/B/H hype these days. After taking a few physics classes in college, the concept of reducing rotational mass plus already having less overall work to perform, a D15/16 just seemed fitting for this car.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowLifeCG View Post
I try, I'm basically trying to build a car to prove a power to weight ratio argument... And I'm honestly tired of the K/B/H hype these days. After taking a few physics classes in college, the concept of reducing rotational mass plus already having less overall work to perform, a D15/16 just seemed fitting for this car.

Welcome to DSO. I am interested in your Infinity and Civic builds equally. Please post more of both. We are into more then just D series engines, and cars for that matter. It is more about the process and thinking involved. No more niceties. Moar pics!

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Ok... Here's a little about my other project.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan S. 3.5L 6Spd.
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
ACT StreetLite FW
3.916 Nissan OE Final Drive w/ VLSD
LiteWeight Crank Pulley w/ Idler Delete
Takeda Intake
M2 Shorty Headers (Stillen Reps), Stillen HFCs, Borla TrueDual Exhaust
MREV2 (P&P Lower Intake) w/ 3/8" Plenum Spacer
rareJDM Engine Harness Cover
UpRev Tune by Fever Racing (Z-Fever) (271whp/249wtq)
Tein Basic Coilovers for 350Z/Coupe (1" Lower than sedan)
MotorDyne F&R Sway Bars w/ PU Bushings
SPC F&R Camber/Toe Kits
Varrstoen F:19x9.5" +20 245/35R19 (Offset with 5mm spacer)
R:19x10" +25 245/35R19 (Offset with 5mm spacer)
OE Replica Front Sport Lip
OE Nissan V35 Skyline Window Visors
OE Nissan V35 Skyline Rear Taillights
OE Nissan V35 Clear Bump Side Markers (wired to work w/ turn signals)
Polished Titanium Shift Knob
Nardi 350MM Woodgrain w/ NRG Hub & QR (Black)

Clutch:

Final Drive Ring & Pinion (2nd Pic Rear End Out):

Shift Knob:

Corner Lightes (Also Painted Bezel for Headlamps):

V35 Tails, 03/04 Modified Reverse Lights:

Stance for yo pants (Poor Honda Key):

Last edited by LowLifeCG; 11-16-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Dialing in some specs:

Infamous grass shot:

No Grass:

Authenticated:

Ridin too hard:

Last edited by LowLifeCG; 11-16-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

rareJDM (I have a polished oil cap now):

Gloss Black w/ Satin Black & Polished Accents (PS Bottle was painted after pic):

Intake (Prior to satin black accents):

Last edited by LowLifeCG; 11-16-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I like the G35 always have but not in my heel house, I am a sedan fan. Wanted to make a gt350 four door for a bit now, I like what you did here so far. Thanks for the share.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2014, 12:29 PM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 kentk808 is learning the way of the Dkentk808 is learning the way of the D

Why can I never find a clean EF like this? I think I need to ship one down from the mainland lol
kentk808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2014, 12:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

when you went to zfever, was it on fowler or clark? I used to work next door to the shop on clark. fucking loved showing up to work and watching the badass nismo cars, turbo cars, parts and the 2 r33's. made my day. still drive by every chance I get
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in