Help me find a new catalytic converter.. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2014, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Help me find a new catalytic converter..

I was looking to get a new cat for my 1995 Honda Civic EX ej1. I was looking at this one:

Vtec Power Stainless Steel High Flow Racing Cat Converter Test Catalytic Pipe | eBay

or a OBX performance High Flow Cat Delete resonator. $60

I don't know all that much, but i'm trying to learn. The price kind of scares me because it is pretty cheap.

I eventually want to get a new exhaust system as well, once I get some more cash. If someone could suggest any that would be great.
FanC_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2014, 11:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

That is not a catalytic converter, anything with the words "test pipe" in the name is a hallow pipe or just a resonator.

This is a convertor
Catco Catalytic Converter Stainless Univ 2" Inlet Outlet 6904 | eBay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2014, 07:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

If they do emissions testing then you will want a TWC (three way catalyst) converter. It will make it easier to pass emissions and will be the federally accepted replacement. If not you can get a regular magna flow high flow cat or "test pipe".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 07:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

FanC, what are you wanting?

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Looks like Seattle does emissions testing which means you can't have a test pipe. Buy a good converter so it will pass testing, as for a muffler or catback system you can use whatever you want and it won't affect your emissions.

If your stock cat is ok then don't worry about replacing it.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Let's keep the WTB/FS stuff in the WTB/FS forum.

What I was asking is; are you wanting one for replacement (emissions), to increase power, to make it sound cooler, ete?

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2014, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

I think it is going bad, so I want to buy an after market one that will perhaps increase performance, but mostly I want my car to sound better.
FanC_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2014, 07:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

We'll you got a few options here.

1. Buy a replacement hi-flowcat to pass emissions and very little gains
2. Buy a test pipe and don't pass emissions and have better gains
3. Don't buy anything and just hollow out your stock cat and don't pass emissions and have same gains as test pipe

Hi-flow cat will probably cost you a couple hundred bucks
Test pipe is like $60 bucks more or less
Last option is free!!
shewantsduhp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in