does anyone else sand blast their spark plugs? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 0 p-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default does anyone else sand blast their spark plugs?

I pulled mine out to find a stream of oil dripping off the hot side of the motor. it was misfiring badly and wouldn't start the other day. Checked spark at the wire, looked good. Figured it was fuel, swapped the injectors and it started but it was misfiring randomly. Started getting very bad, decided to pull the plugs. Then i sand blasted the carbon build up off of them, and they should work awesome again.
p-m-b,95dxcoupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Wire wheel>sand blast
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2014, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

This thread an episode of extreme cheapskates

(automotive version)
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Esotericimage is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

lol, but he didn't slack. a slacker woulda used a wire wheel. he pulled out the big (air) guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead98 View Post
Wire wheel>sand blast
new>wire wheel>sand blast
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 11-10-2014 at 08:59 PM.
slo_eg8 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Another useless thread.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
lol, but he didn't slack. a slacker woulda used a wire wheel. he pulled out the big (air) guns

new>wire wheel>sand blast

Agreed, why be cheap for some plugs with what a motor cost. Thought I would humor him tonight.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
Old 11-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hoove View Post
Another useless thread.
seems to start them every day almost

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2014, 03:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series Janitor

Rep Power: 15 88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Yes, it works.

My only good sandblast spark plug story is several years ago I worked part-time while in college at a race car shop that primarily built mustangs. Guy who owned the shop was taking a grudge car to the track later that night and had the car on a chassis dyno getting the nitrous kits sorted out. Melted a plug so I grabbed one from a scrap head that was laying outside for years, sandblasted it, put it in the head, made sure everything was running okay and went to the track.

I know since its a O/T car/motor this won't matter as much, but it was a very basic 5.0L setup with a pro-shifted manual and went 5.80s in the 1/8 and looked/sounded like a mild street car.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

spend the $2 on a new plug
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2014, 04:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 11 uptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

spark plugs aren't that expensive, just get copper NGK's and call it a day...
uptownsamcv is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2014, 04:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

View PostUnread Today, 12:39 AM
Remove user from ignore listp-m-b,95dxcoupe
This message is hidden because p-m-b,95dxcoupe is on your ignore list.

I cant even see it yet I am sure its fucking stupid
racejunke13 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2014, 06:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by racejunke13 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-m-b,95dxcoupe View Post
I pulled mine out to find a stream of oil dripping off the hot side of the motor. it was misfiring badly and wouldn't start the other day. Checked spark at the wire, looked good. Figured it was fuel, swapped the injectors and it started but it was misfiring randomly. Started getting very bad, decided to pull the plugs. Then i sand blasted the carbon build up off of them, and they should work awesome again.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Well I wasn't missing out on much while I was gone...

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Well I wasn't missing out on much while I was gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by racejunke13 View Post

Old 11-11-2014, 09:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2014, 09:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

must wait 24 to rep
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Moved to n00b forum.

This doesnt work because the reason spark plugs fail is from "electrical erosion" which eats away metal. You cant blast metal back. Also they loose the ability to contain compression after a while, and sand blasting can not fix this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
Moved to n00b forum.

This doesnt work because the reason spark plugs fail is from "electrical erosion" which eats away metal. You cant blast metal back. Also they loose the ability to contain compression after a while, and sand blasting can not fix this.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
Old 11-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 0 p-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's asshole

I talked to an NGK employee and they told me its awesome idea. I checked the gaps, they're still proper. They look brand new, after running them for a day I bet they're black again but no more misfire.

NGK says ONLY sand blast the electrode, and wire wheel the threads. Not any other way. Sand blast with low pressure (nope), but they do work awesome again
p-m-b,95dxcoupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2014, 07:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in