Exhaust making a clogged/bogging noise - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2014, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Exhaust making a clogged/bogging noise

So this started only a day ago I havnt done anything different to the car recently besides going straight pipe after smog but that was a week ago. When I'm at a stop or maintaining a certain speed for awhile and decide to accelerate my car holds back like I have no power pops/Boggs then goes away and bam I have power idk what it could be i reset my ecu and that didn't help... Could it be timing?
BoogalooShr1mp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2014, 03:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Any codes?
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2014, 07:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Vacuum/Compression/Leak down numbers?

What are the results for spark plug readings?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 08:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Checked for codes and nothing popped up except my bank one sensor 2 but that's only cuz I'm straight piped. And I havnt been able to do a compression test yet
Old 11-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogalooShr1mp View Post
Checked for codes and nothing popped up except my bank one sensor 2 but that's only cuz I'm straight piped. And I havnt been able to do a compression test yet

What are the results for spark plug readings?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
Old 11-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

OBDII? Could be that no cat is messing with your tune. Obd2 cars hate that shit.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

Mine pops on decel since I have no cat, doesn't bog though.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Yea I'm obd2 and now that I think about it my second sensor is unplugged because no cat and never got an extension for it but I've been running like that for over 6 months could that be it though?
Old 11-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogalooShr1mp View Post
Yea I'm obd2 and now that I think about it my second sensor is unplugged because no cat and never got an extension for it but I've been running like that for over 6 months could that be it though?
No, post cat is emissions only. Stop guessing and do a proper diagnostic.

What are the spark plug readings?

Quote:
Old 11-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

So car seemed to be getting worse so I went to read my codes again and I ended up getting a misfire in cylinder 1 and 3 turns out it was my distributer cap and rotor that I need to replace no runs perfect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in