Honda heresy: The tale of the Wizard. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2014, 07:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Honda heresy: The tale of the Wizard.

Hey guys and gals. Just picked myself up a 1998 Honda Civic Dx 3dr 5spd. She has 168000 on the clock and she is running strong. I have come to find out it has a full D16Y8 swap with P4A-B 5spd. I learned this when I found out the head gasket had a tiiiiiny leak in it and had to replace it. From there I have learned a lot about this car and its shady past. Lots of twist and tape wiring for the motor swap, ebay header and short ram... but none the less I just needed a winter beater and this ran and drove well and came with a set of winter meat. Living in West MI and commuting 400 miles a week, this car fit my list of needs in a DD. Just put my baby to sleep for the winter. 2007 Scion Tc Turbo- 130k miles on the clock and I am the second owner since 2008. Doesn't get the best MPG and drinks premium. 26-28 HWY vs 33-34 in the civic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-12.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	75914  
Bon Rurgandy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Confused at the title, but will let you explain. Welcome. Whats the plan from here on out? I too rock a y8 swap, but they kept the intake etc from the b7 for ease.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 08:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
Confused at the title, but will let you explain. Welcome. Whats the plan from here on out? I too rock a y8 swap, but they kept the intake etc from the b7 for ease.
HAHAHAHA Just being goofy. I am more of a Toyota guy is what it eludes to. Parents used to have a Civic and a Camry and I used the Camry most of the time then I went to my TC. Also, me and my friends call the Civic the whorey old wizard. I cleaned it up in my sig a bit.

Plans right now are to fix the stupid ISB and more than likely put an MFactory 3rd gear and swap 4th with stock 3rd. The motor looks really healthy. Smooth as glass cylinders, no scoring or marking of any kind. If turbo kits weren't so cheap for this car I would probably build my own next spring. Looking at the GoAutoworks kit.

The guy who did this swap confuses me. The cylinder head code on the motor is from a 98 automatic EX, has a 5spd and intake from a manual, the P.S reservoir is from a 93-95, the wheels are 95 Del Sol factory 13" Enkeis... everything is just kind of haggard. It just needed a little TLC.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Yeah have fun fixing it, I know as I take one project on it ends up exposing three more things to fix. I wont stop till I am happy though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
Yeah have fun fixing it, I know as I take one project on it ends up exposing three more things to fix. I wont stop till I am happy though.
The problem with this car is the more I fix it, the more I love it... stupid car! This wasn't supposed to be serious! lol.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 Fenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatnessFenris is approaching greatness

That's Honda! It sucks you in. The older they are, the more fun (I think)

R.I.P.:
95 Accord Wagon. F22B2

Quote:
i THINK the 01 calipers are turbo charged and the 95 are naturally aspirated.

Fenris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Uhh I guess welcome..

Wondering what the thread is about besides an intro based on the title..
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 09:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
That's Honda! It sucks you in. The older they are, the more fun (I think)
This car is way more raw than my newer car. I feel more in control even though its mostly stock. The more you feel like you could die at any moment the more fun lol. Arrogant Bastard is some good stuff BTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
Uhh I guess welcome..

Wondering what the thread is about besides an intro based on the title..
What should it be about? Do you suggest I change it to something logical? Im just trying to have some fun here and get acquainted with the locals. Seems pretty negative around these parts though...
Old 11-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Cant change it now.. its now permanent.

I dont see negativity, maybe just a bit sensitive?

This forum is full of stand up guys and 1 idiot (no, not you)..

But as always, you dont walk into a strangers house and reach right into the fridge.. So poke around and educate yourself. Any logical question u have will most likely have a thread on it as these cars are 15+ years old. that means every square inch of the 88-00 civic has been covered somewhere. Any other logical questions will be answered logically. So sit back and enjoy your new purchase.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Cant change it now.. its now permanent.

I dont see negativity, maybe just a bit sensitive?

This forum is full of stand up guys and 1 idiot (no, not you)..

But as always, you dont walk into a strangers house and reach right into the fridge.. So poke around and educate yourself. Any logical question u have will most likely have a thread on it as these cars are 15+ years old. that means every square inch of the 88-00 civic has been covered somewhere. Any other logical questions will be answered logically. So sit back and enjoy your new purchase.

Thanks bud. Google is my friend. I have been able to fix this beast thus far because of it. The problem with 15+ years of info on the internet is sifting through the stupid stuff.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Well the mod team on here is good about sifting thru the stupid stuff..

The mods on HT is another story.. LOL << Dont ask.. Its an inside joke for those who know.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:

hhhhhmmmmm that looks mighty familiar........ I post that around the april may time frame just about every year lol
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

This forum is full of stand up guys and 1 idiot (no, not you)

There are a few. Typically the guys who have a red dot and over 100 posts. Don't be that guy.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 0 p-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's asshole

Sup Ron. Thats actually a good combo IMO, the automatic engines are typically in better shape cause people are more likely to beat on sticks than automatic cars. The automatic transmission will give up way sooner than the engine will ever see a problem.

But you cant use the OBD2 automatic intake manifold or atleast throttle body, in a manual car, very easily, so that explains that. And your car might not have even had power steering from the factory, I dont think the 5th Gen hatchbacks did anyway. Sorta explains that bit too, personally I dont like power steering but it does make life easier at times.

P.s. They're talking about me lol. Fuck it atleast I dont circle jerk on a forum called d series

Last edited by p-m-b,95dxcoupe; 11-04-2014 at 06:11 PM.
p-m-b,95dxcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2014, 03:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Speak of the devil.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-m-b,95dxcoupe View Post
Sup Ron. Thats actually a good combo IMO, the automatic engines are typically in better shape cause people are more likely to beat on sticks than automatic cars. The automatic transmission will give up way sooner than the engine will ever see a problem.

But you cant use the OBD2 automatic intake manifold or atleast throttle body, in a manual car, very easily, so that explains that. And your car might not have even had power steering from the factory, I dont think the 5th Gen hatchbacks did anyway. Sorta explains that bit too, personally I dont like power steering but it does make life easier at times.

P.s. They're talking about me lol. Fuck it atleast I dont circle jerk on a forum called d series
I'd rather circle jerk than be an asshat troll! If you hate it so much then gtfo!

92 teg ( new project)

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Welcome..nice dark grey
ghostz32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2014, 11:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

theft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the skytheft-repo-sol is about to kiss the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hoove View Post
I'd rather circle jerk than be an asshat troll! If you hate it so much then gtfo!
LMFAO!

my build thread:::: z6 block forged internals with a y8 head with comp 59300 cam and springs, NOW boosted

theft-repo-sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!

Finally someone that is willing to use the 3rd Gear upgrade. Serious bang for the buck there.

I know all about the Turbo tCs... Man they are a beast.

Good luck and have fun.
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2014, 12:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bon Rurgandy View Post
... Smooth as glass cylinders...
Hopefully not smooth as glass, you do want cross hatches in the cylinders still. If they are smooth like glass expect some oil consumption.

Welcome, I am the resident Yota master here so be careful... there can be only one!

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in