noob running un-tuned turbo motor that smokes like crazy!!!!!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2014, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default noob running un-tuned turbo motor that smokes like crazy!!!!!!

hey guys im deff new to the booted single slam game. new to the boost game for that matter... well i have a 95 eg sedan...with a BONE stock d15b7...kinda.
i have a jdm sport ( or sport jdm) t3\t4 and it says a\r.50 on it?
some kind of ram hor manifold.
unknown wastgate with unknown lbs spring
hks ssq bov ( not a knock off)
dsm 450cc
open down pipe.
at the moment i have no gauges and its un-tuned. its got some half-a**ed oil lines on it but the turbo is hooked up and boosts. which brings me to one of the two problems i have.. this thing smells horrid, it smokes like crazy too. not just on start up like constantly at higher rpms it doesnt as bad but it gets bad at times... i pulled the plugs and everyone of them dripped with oil..

and i also have a sandwhich plate... but the feed line for the turbo is run to the block about the oil filter?

now i just bought this car and that has me stumpped. i havent done a turbo build but ive build v8s bagged trucks and built my lifted jeep from the axles up.

so to re-cap.
1. i need info on how to tune\what ecu to buy
2. figure out why this thing is smoking so bad.
3. what else do i need to make this thing a 5-8 psi dd

i dont see what im missing anyone feel like hurting your brain feel free to post any ideas or info thanks so much guys!!!
nick
inkedrockstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

ok. Ill bite
1) stock block untuned? you broke it
2) google/search button "tuning devices"
3) unknown turbo condition, lets say its blown.
4)did you build it or buy it?

lol, google rc auto works and buy their rebuild kit. go find a d16 block. build it. but before ANY of that, sit down for a few days and read through this site. smack yourself in the face a few times when you start to learn something. research and you shall learn what you did wrong
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Cracked ring lands?
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 kydris is learning the way of the Dkydris is learning the way of the D

With unknown boost with no tune on a b7 I wouldn't be surprised if it was to go boom or snap one of those toothpicks (rods). I say stop driving it, read everything you can about boosting an engine (especially with a b7) and then tear it apart and replace everything that got destroyed. Or, you could do it the easy way and just buy a d16 as directed by slo_eg8 and build it.
kydris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

it's got at least a basemap guys, you throw more than 1 psi at a stock ecu and it just goes into limp mode and cuts fuel.
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2014, 08:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 6 DontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Lol i dont see what im missing and untuned d15 in the same post. You answered yourself. Do a compression test followed by leak down. Replace valve cover gasket and tube seals and see if oils not dripping off your plugs. Ive been drinking if this doesnt make sense i apologize. You should look for a spare motor like slo said.
DontGrabMeThere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 07:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 jpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

The smelly/smokey could be from running stoopid rich with giant injectors. The dripping-with-oil plugs could be a combo of fouled plugs from running stoopid rich and oil pooled up in your plug wells because bad gaskets.
jpciii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

So you did something with no knowledge of how to do it and you're wondering what you're missing?

You didn't tune it and you're running it into high RPMs ... you're stupid.
You don't have a boost gauge, or know the psi on the waste gate spring and you're boosting ... you're stupid.
You bought someone else's project without getting full disclosure on condition/build ... you're stupid.

Seeing a trend yet?

If you are really serious about getting this thing done right you have A LOT of reading to do. So sit down, shut up, and educate yourself.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 08:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Prepare yourself for a rebuild, buying a car with no knowledge of how things work is going to send you down hill quick. You have alot of questionable issues at hand.

Compression check is needed,

To properly tune the car you'll need knowledge of how to socket an ecu, what ecu's are capable of socketing, chip burning and tuning itself. Or buy an ecu with a legitimate s300 ( because there are fake ones out there ) and bring it to someone who knows there shit and not the first shop you hear about.

Buy those damn gauges, the previous owner sure as fuck didn't know what he was doing.
shrimp-poboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 09:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 dj_justice will become famous soon enoughdj_justice will become famous soon enoughdj_justice will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoXCivic View Post
So you did something with no knowledge of how to do it and you're wondering what you're missing?

You didn't tune it and you're running it into high RPMs ... you're stupid.
You don't have a boost gauge, or know the psi on the waste gate spring and you're boosting ... you're stupid.
You bought someone else's project without getting full disclosure on condition/build ... you're stupid.

Seeing a trend yet?

If you are really serious about getting this thing done right you have A LOT of reading to do. So sit down, shut up, and educate yourself.
Hilarious

Last edited by dj_justice; 11-03-2014 at 09:17 AM. Reason: fg
dj_justice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
n00b, open down pipe, turbo, un-tuned

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in