Goodmorning!! New to forums - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2014, 06:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Talking Goodmorning!! New to forums

What's up?? This will be my first forum. I recently joined the army as a 13B Field Artillery (I blow things up). It's by far the best job I have ever had. With that in mind I decided to start building my 1993 Honda Civic Dx Hatchback 1.5l D15b7 SOHC Non V-tec.

There really is no better way to learn more about cars than to jump in and surround yourself with people who love the hobby as much as I do. So here I am! I have a HUGE build plan that I have been dreaming of through out training. My end game would be an awd crv drivetrain with an lsvtec buttttttt I know that will take a lot of knowledge and experience before I even attempt it.

For now I'll keep restoring my hatch. It needs a decent amount of body work. I bought the car in LA while on leave. It's a niceee little car but I didn't expect it to be perfect for $1200. So far:
* got drunk and cut off exhaust (assuming these need backpressure)
*CAI
*replaced cv axles
*replaced ICM x2
*said f*** it and replaced the dizzy (fixed it)
*got the old stereo to finally work
*bought new xxr rims (post pics if requested)
*did a valve adjustment
*oil change
*flushed tranny fluid

That about covers everything thus far.
With all this in mind I would love any advice you guys can throw my way.
Awd lsvtec is on hold right now but I was thinking how cool it would be to rebuild my engine and put a 5 speed d series tranny in it. My questions are: What would be a good 5 speed d series tranny?
How much beating can it take?
Any guides on how to rebuild the d15?
should I go N/A or F/I?

It's really just for fun. I'm building my benjamins for the later build. The goal of d15 would be to use a larger turbo that would work perfectly on the 2.0 Just For The Kicks n Giggles lol. Aswell as give me something to tinker on. Thanks again for anything you guys have to add. I'll keep looking around D-series for the info but now you guys know what I'll be up to!
Zakattack69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2014, 06:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Seems like you are on the right track. Keep getting it fixed and maintained and then start adding handles and power.

Post pics, we love the around here. Welcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2014, 06:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Good to see another joe on here.

Also food for thought, you can build it awd and keep it a single.

Few answers to the questions as freebies, next time you gotta research.

Trans questions
Here

The engine will take lots of flogging as long as you maintain it.

As far as the rebuild.

The beave is gonna lead you on this one.
D15 rebuild
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 07:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
Seems like you are on the right track. Keep getting it fixed and maintained and then start adding handles and power.

Post pics, we love the around here. Welcome.
Thanks! I'll check out those threads and as for the pics. . it's my understanding that you have to upload them to an external source in order to link them to a thread right?

I'll figure it out after work and shoot you guys a pic of the bae haha

Nice meeting you guys and hope to see you reply to a future build thread I'll be throwing together.
Zakattack69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in