New here: First time Civic owner + My introduction - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default New here: First time Civic owner + My introduction

Hello everyone!

As the title states, I'm brand new to your community as well as a first time Civic owner. I just picked up my '96 EX Coupe [EJ8] from a nice mechanic who took good care of her and gave me a pretty rad deal; great condition for the age on the body, and a newer motor/trans! Came with a few decent newbie parts as well to get me fairly acquainted with living the Honda life! Let's get into a few basics about my EX and my lifestyle.

I work overnights at Walmart (shitty but whatever pays the bills). I am very happy with my purchase, for which I have a few questions about little things I might be able to do to tune 'er up and help preserve the life of the engine/trans/body as far as possible in the future (which I will ask after searching!) I used to apprentice at a family owned mechanic shop, so I have a small bit of novice knowledge about certain things but I would really love to be able to learn Hondas inside and out. My previous car was a '93 Mazda MX-3 which was quite literally a rusted out, primered shit-box, and I'm very happy to have my Civic and not have to drive the piece of trash any longer. Basically all I do is work overnights and sleep, and either chill out or party on the weekends.

I'd love to do a few performance and cosmetic mods in the near future, possibly with some suggestions from a few of you here!

My basic stats:
1996 Civic EX Coupe [EJ8] with a swapped D16Z6 motor/trans
Coilovers [unknown brand]
MR headers + CBE
Rear upper/lower control arms [unknown brands]
Stage 2 clutch kit [unknown brand]
Skunk2 Intake manifold + short throw kit
Short ram intake
VMS racing cam gear/timing
Aluminum radiator [unknown brand]
Aftermarket headlights + grill [unknown brands] + JDM badge

Pics:

I'll post an engine bay pic later on.

I'm excited to be a part of the community and communicate with fellow Honda owners! Cheers everyone!
MR Headers + CBE
Skunk2 IM + SS
VMS Racing cam gear/timing
Rear upper/lower control arms
Black EJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2014, 08:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Welcome, looks straight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Clean body, just needs a few touches to bring it up to 100%, but what civic doesn't
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 08:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Looks good. Just get new wheels or paint those black for now. You don't wanna be called a ricer. But hey welcome. There is a plethora of knowledge here and if you ask the right questions you should get plenty of help.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2014, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 kydris is learning the way of the Dkydris is learning the way of the D

Welcome to DSO! Looks nice, and you have a great starting point for mods.
kydris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Yeah paint your wheels ricer.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Definitely going to spray the wheels black, lmao. No rice here!
MR Headers + CBE
Skunk2 IM + SS
VMS Racing cam gear/timing
Rear upper/lower control arms
Black EJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in