Kunewbie wants beustie - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2014, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Kunewbie wants beustie

Hello D-Series.org
I want to start accumulating +T parts.
I drive a rusty 98 DX Y7 5 speed.

I have an orphaned TD04-13C that I think would be appropriate for a light pressure daily driver.
I have two or three T3 A/R 52/48 kicking around also.
Since the actual turbocharger is the most expensive component in a turbo kit, I think my best course would be to piece everything together part by part.
Also, the main components should be quality pieces and not knockoffs.

My budget is however much it takes.
My time frame is however long it takes.
My power goal is however much it makes.

I'd like to run a half a bar(ish) on a stock, high mile, well maintained engine.

I work 70+ hours a week until thanksgiving so I don't have a lot of energy left to research at present.
I have 4 turbo cars and am a megasquirt veteran. I still have two of the original group buy megasquirts that shipped from Digikey in sandwich bags. One ran a VoVo 242 turbo that I still own.
I understand the tuning process but I'm not familiar with OBD2 +T and how flexible my stock ECU is and what it will take to run safely at 1/2 bar and retain smogability.

I will be watching the for sale forum!
I will have questions!
Gashog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2014, 07:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

your going to have to convert to obd1 ecu with a conversion harness or run a standalone/piggyback ecu if you want to pass emission probably want the piggyback. i dont know bar/psi conversion but dont get stuck on pressure ratings its all about the size of the turbo, a d16 block is good for about 220-250whp on stock rods and pistons.

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2014, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

My buddy has a y7 block and z6 head with a skunk 2 manifold with a junkyard built turbo kit its shitty he has an exhaust pipe for intercooler piping he's been pounding the shit out this motor for a year 1/2 constantly redlining reving with a improper tune "way shitty tune" and its his daily just goes to show these motors are tough and last not to mention we got the block out of a junkyard with 189k lol its f***** fast to! What his car showed me is how easy it is to boost these things he passes emissions to haha and also taught me you CAN def go boost on bare minimum parts I'll post a pic if you guys want. Not trying to help just trying to put some personal experience with boost out there just try not to stress to much its not all what a lot if people try to say and he buys all his stuff dirt cheap off eBay
Dj Hack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

May not look like it but this pos rapes!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_19051-IMG_20140915_203309684201072.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	702.5 KB
ID:	75026
Old 10-20-2014, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

robgoof Still a JDM Star....robgoof Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Hack View Post
May not look like it but this pos rapes!

Attachment 75026
I think it looks great!

might be a little loud...
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2014, 01:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I like this sort of thing for a play thing. For my daily it has to be clean and straight. When I do build a toy, it will be rough and fast, my stolen sig from Pat, RIP, says it all.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

I agree I need a clean daily turbo or not it just feels better has a better outlook idk how he just drives that its sloppy but he really don't care lol
Old 10-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

VERY LOUD! whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in