sohc zc will not start no matter what - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default sohc zc will not start no matter what

So I have a sohc zc in my 88 crx I've had the car for about a year now and its been awesome in every aspect the only downfall is after one night of some fun and getting on it it died and lost all ability to move and now start. Dumbass me thought shit may have blown my head gasket or just wrecked the motor. After about a week of pulling it apart and replacing things here and there ive gotten the car to turn over but only for a moment then it died out I have spark, my fuel pumps priming so im at a loss all fuses seem to be good. working on checking the main relay just to make sure but im sure if the main relay was bad that I wouldn't get anything outta the car. Someone help
1upcday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2014, 10:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....

Have a spare ECU to throw in it?
Old 10-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

someone correct me if I am wrong but, the Green wire ( I think) that bolts to the t-stat housing, is it bolted to it?
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 grayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Well it's been a while since I've had main relay problems but if it goes bad does that not mean that they fuel pump will NOT prime? Also, a priming fuel pump is also a good indication that the ecu is not totally fubar'd

Have you tried checking to see if there is +12v at your injectors?
grayzee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

I do not have a spare ecu laying around and how would I check if there is +12v at the injectors? im still learning so some things are new to me
Old 10-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 7 troyw is learning the way of the Dtroyw is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

voltmeter
troyw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

https://www.d-series.org/forums/engin...oth-wires.html

Searching will help, the answers you seek are all over this site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 6 DontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Bet the distributors sending weak spark
DontGrabMeThere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

so I should go grab a voltmeter and my distributor seemed fine when I checked it out
if I were to go buy a new distributor which one should I get since its a zc swaped into a crx I hear so many different answers I get so lost with them
Old 10-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Did the timing belt jump or get put back on right?

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

see me and my buddy thought it may have jumped timing or I may have skipped but I still have all teeth nothing looks messed up no bad noises nothing but I was thinking about just doing my timing belt and new water pump and manifold while im at it. wouldn't that not allow my car to start at all or what??? cuz I can get the car started with struggle mind you not at times it will just turn over but once started it dies immediately
Old 10-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontGrabMeThere View Post
Bet the distributors sending weak spark
this. Had a similar issue, cleaned the distributor, replaced the ignitor and no issues since.
Jhusch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2014, 06:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

so I have replaced the distributor cap replaced the rotor cap got new spark plugs getting new wires (don't really need the wires may as well though) with all that done except the wires my car really wanted to turn over so I think you may be right where is the igniter and how hard is it to replace?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in