d16y7 soon to turbo need suggestions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default d16y7 soon to turbo need suggestions

Hello All!
im new to this whole forum stuff, ive never been in a forum this is my first one so firstly i wanted to introduce myself. anyway ive always been a muscle car fan/driver but thought i'd give jdm a shot so anyway, i went out and bought my self a 96 civic hatchback with a d16y7 and that same day i also bought a d series single cam turbo kit for $1500 now i've tooken 3 years of mechanics so i know a thing or two im no goddist but i can get around an engine pretty easily i feel confident on turbo'ing although this is my first time i was hoping to get some feedback from you guys who im sure know way more about this than i do! i have the complete kit turbo, turbo mani, dp, bov, wastegate, turbo timer, fuelpump, intercooler, etc i even have some b18 injectors if i really need them like i said im not looking to drag this or even really race it i just want to make some extra hp this is really just a project ive always wanted to accomplish, anyways if you guys would direct me on what i need to do before i turbo any help would be appreciated. im looking to start this build within the next 2 days thank you for all your help! in advance take care
Jramos831 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 kydris is learning the way of the Dkydris is learning the way of the D

Welcome to DSO! You should start out by checking out the build threads on here to learn what all you need for the build. I would suggest you start out by setting a hp goal and go from there. Grab some forged internals if you can, it will allow for you to crank up the boost when you are ready for it. Biggest thing after getting your goal is deciding how you will be tuning it, turbo w/o a tune = BOOM!

Good luck with your build and keep us updated, I am interested to see what you do with it!
kydris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2014, 11:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Hey welcome!! If your looking for minimal boost and minimal budget i would strongly suggest upgrading the fuel system and getting a great tune. With a proper tune at 8psi with proper fuel you'll be fairely reliable. Dont cheap out when is time and itll save you money in the long run
Built D16z6 turbo dyno tuned at 8psi-200whp
Turbo EL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Red-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagleRed-Rocket is fly like an eagle

With that kit you're gonna need at a minimum 440cc/min injectors
255lph fuel pump
Professional tune, not a chip off eBay

And more research.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 98givicex is learning the way of the D98givicex is learning the way of the D

look at the turbo builds on here, there are a lot of them that are very specific about the parts/labor needed. Set a HP goal and build to that and of course you need to get a good tune for it to be reliable.
1998 Honda Civic ex coupe(Workhorse/beater)
98givicex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in