250-300hp realiable daily? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2014, 02:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question 250-300hp realiable daily?

ok, im new to the whole boosting a honda thing but heres what i got goin on.

so here i sit in the wonderful shit hole that is afghanistan, kid was born back in june, my old lady drives my infinity since my son was born so i need a new car. well my mother is giving me the delsol i gave her a couple years ago that needs some work but its a free car and who dont like that ish.

back to the title ive set about a 3k budget for everything this car and the z6 needs (boost budget is gonna be about 1500 with the tune.) not my first time messing with fi or doing internal work/ modification on engine. ive got the skills and tools to do all of this but not a whole lot of time to do research.
i just need to know if theres any cheap tricks to helping the torque curve and some examples of this kind of setup being a reliable daily. like more than 30000 miles without having to go through the motor again. if you guys have a setup like this please post specs and hp numbers so i can get an idea of being able to keep this thing as a daily or how long till i need to post it for sale.

trolls are welcome and i already know, SEARCH! but i aint got the time for that shit right now.
beater_sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2014, 03:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Forged Internals will be the way to go for that power level and demand for longevity.

As for a nice torque curve, get a small turbo that comes in early a Turbonetics Super 60 would be a good choice. Might not get you all the way to 300 wheel but it will spool early and will make a decent amount of power.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014, 05:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

yea i pretty much guessed on that and was gonna upgrade internals when i rebuild anyway since its cheap to begin with. do you have any kind of graphs for the super 60?,, i was kinda leaning towards a garrett 2871r .64ar cause i had one on my sr s13 and had full boost by 4k in second.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

The garret was a great idea. Its what im swapping out the turbo on my car for. I have a fully forged and built d16z6 in my 1.6 el. Right now im tuned at 8 psi. I bought it like that. The guy though bought an imitation ebay crap way to big turbo. However the internals are forged and head is built. Very reliable for the numbers you want but a bit more than 3g total. He invested just under 10k in the thing with the tuning because he wanted to tune the vtec to work with the turbo
Built D16z6 turbo dyno tuned at 8psi-200whp
Turbo EL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 kydris is learning the way of the Dkydris is learning the way of the D

I think this is the one you were looking for.
COMPRESSOR MAPS
kydris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

thank you kydris. turbo el im not looking for fully build head and im not really goin stupid on the rods or pistons when i went through and priced everything to put the motor together i only came up to around 2100 for the motor itself and 13-16 putting together the boost goodies so either he had more time or just a way bigger budget than me. just curious what kinda numbers you put down?

edit: nevermind just read your signature

Last edited by beater_sol; 10-01-2014 at 01:14 PM. Reason: didnt read
Old 10-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

The showcase has some pretty good threads on builds.
The best thing isnt just to pick how much power your want but wha kind of power do you want.
You can easily get a turbo that way to big for your needs and take forever to spool but hit hard like a boxer.
Or you can get a turbo on the smaller size that will be right at your goals. and good for the streets.

AS far are your $3k budget im no sure. I know it can be done but most of the time its because people found deals.
but look up go autoworks they have some nice stuff your need.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

These are both super 60's and both on Go-Autoworks website
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
d16z6 turbo build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in