what up - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2014, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default what up

just purchased civic hx for daily commuter it had the vx transmission but I didn't care for it here is a pic of my car it is a work in progress 1500 for the car and 500 for s40 ex trans not bad the guy had the distributer twisted back instead of lined up straight so it was sluggish 0 to 2900 rpm now it runs good also has intake and exhaust heres a lil clip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	97 civic.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	886.8 KB
ID:	72970  

Last edited by Felix222; 09-23-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Felix222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 kydris is learning the way of the Dkydris is learning the way of the D

Nice ride and welcome to DSO!
kydris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Default ty

ty im going to upgrade suspension brakes and wheels next I will do the body work last its my daily commuter I do about 64 miles a day M-F so not to concerned with looks of the body interior is perty clean motor very healthy 200k miles and it has ice cold a/c

Old 09-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 kydris is learning the way of the Dkydris is learning the way of the D

I am doing the same with mine, got my full suspension and rotors,pads and shoes, Just waiting on the lines and I will be happy.

Keep us updated on the progress!
Old 09-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Good car to start with, welcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 0 colelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to colelmt

Welcome. good luck with your D!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D16Z6

EJ255

colelmt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2014, 09:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

What kind of mileage you getting with that Ex tranny in the Y5 engine.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Default dont know yet

I will fill up tomorrow and track how many miles and let you know rpm on freeway are petty Hi at 80 mph its at about 3700 rpm in 5th gear

Last edited by Felix222; 09-24-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Default results

ok so here is the results I got 352.4 miles out of the 11.9 gallon tank I didn't run it till it ran out of gas but the gas gauge was at bottom not moving at all there was .8 gallons left in the tank when I filled up again so average is about 31.49 mpg this was on 91 octane from shell
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	od.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	841.8 KB
ID:	73521  
Old 10-01-2014, 06:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

That's better than I am getting with my b7, most I have gotten is about 29mpg but I have a slushbox and drive like a maniac as much as possible lol
Old 10-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

With a fresh tune up and valve adjustment, I got close to 40mpg out of my B7 lol...I am going to miss that motor

Welcome to dso

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014, 09:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix222 View Post
ok so here is the results I got 352.4 miles out of the 11.9 gallon tank I didn't run it till it ran out of gas but the gas gauge was at bottom not moving at all there was .8 gallons left in the tank when I filled up again so average is about 31.49 mpg this was on 91 octane from shell
i think something is wrong with your car, it should get at least 38mpg which is what most ex civics get. my hx started out getting 36-38mpg (with ex tranny also) i bought a new egr valve and air filter and it jumped up to 40-42mpg all highway miles and 37-40 mixed.

even with 166whp turbo my d16y5 got 30-32mpg mixed so i would look into fixing some things. i would either remove the egr and get a new one or try to clean yours, also on the intake manifold under the fuel rail is the egr chamber i would take the top off that and clean it out real good also.

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 05:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 98givicex is learning the way of the D98givicex is learning the way of the D

welcome! to figure out the gas mileage try cruising at about 65 for whole tank and see what you get. 80 MPH definitely is not the best speed for gas mileage.
1998 Honda Civic ex coupe(Workhorse/beater)
98givicex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

egr chamber was cleaned out and gasket replaced no check enging light is on I always fill up with 91 but I drive 80 mph to work straight for about 28 miles on the freeway and 6 miles on the street im sure if I drove 65 mph I would get better mpg but I start work at 4am and im on the freeway at about 320 am and everyone is flying past me and im doing 80 . I did notice a slight oil leak looks like its coming from my rear main seal so im going to fix the leak and well im at it I was thinking of putting in a xtd stage 4 clutch kit with 8.5 lb flywheel.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 23 jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to jvtec8k Send a message via AIM to jvtec8k Send a message via Yahoo to jvtec8k Send a message via Skype™ to jvtec8k

Better than my who knows how many miles a gallon car, that's for sure. I just see the needle go down when on boost. Haha. Nice car welcome to DSO

11.7 119mph 2013 Ebay turbo 18psi
11.0 125mph 2014 23" M&h slipping clutch
10.8 132mph 2015 clutch slipped 418whp E85
10.4 150mph 2017 62mm D16 D2b

Insta: jvtec8k

jvtec8k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in